HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2012, 01:09 AM
Joined Aug 2007
4,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
LOL NO KIDDING!! Over two weeks to build a test stand and burn some Kero???
To be fair it's not like he knew he would be receiving a turbine from them with at least two weeks prior notice and with tracking info he could check up on.

HK sends me turbines unannounced all the time
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2012, 02:32 AM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,063 Posts
I'm interested to see the review on the HK turbine as well.
I have to say but, it would take a lot for me to move from Jetcat.

To me Jetcat is like a rolex perfect in every way but still im open to other products if they work so time will tell on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCvertt View Post
Ok, so HK is planning to release a turbine but the question now is does that guy in the video ever plan on actually starting it up for us to look at?

At this rate HK might have it released before he does.........
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:44 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I agree aboutt he reliability of the jetcat.. BUT
they are overpriced..
take a look at the latest kingtech models.. they work absolutely perfect.. so as the VT80 is for me the best engine in it's thrust category..
it's time for some manufacturers to bring the prices dow.. that's why I WANT Hk to get into the Turbine market with a really good product
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:36 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,264 Posts
Well as most of your now..I am an Avid HK believer and I really want/wanted to buy this engine, but all this BS about taking almost 3 weeks to review an engine has me wondering if things are not all that rosy. They didnt give Bruce the motor and say "here! finish this for us" All he has to do is start the darn thing and check the thrust. RPMs, Heat etc are all on the FADEC.

Pav...that Kingtech is sounding better by the day.
vettster is online now Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
I know.. but no cash this time of the year..
I bought a used 1:8 F-16 that can easily be converted to EDF but I'm gonna fix my Wren 70 and migrate it to that from my Paf Jet-Co
it needs some work. just glueing actually of the gear doors that were shaved off and also glue the gear door hydraulics.. fortunately the hard work on the gear doors was done and my job is easy.
I also need a sequencer and 1 air valve.
and ofcourse my receiver.

I got that for 500 euro including the scale retracts and all the servos (JR and Hitec)
general dynamics scheme..

my wren 70 I heated it up on a start after I had some gas leak so I'm taking the engine with me to convert it to kerostart and fix the bump that was created after the false start.

then I will think what I will do to have both my planes ready to fly.

If I can't find a used VT80 at a good price I think that the Jet-Co is a good platform to try the new HK turbine.. if things won't work then I'm gonna save the cash for a K80f
Old Jul 16, 2012, 07:54 PM
Australia
Joined Jun 2009
1,063 Posts
that’s good to know Pavcon I’m in to my P20 micro turbines these days but i must have a look at kingtech and see what’s on offer.

I agree it would be nice if the higher priced brands came down a little as you say to stay competitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
I agree aboutt he reliability of the jetcat.. BUT
they are overpriced..
take a look at the latest kingtech models.. they work absolutely perfect.. so as the VT80 is for me the best engine in it's thrust category..
it's time for some manufacturers to bring the prices dow.. that's why I WANT Hk to get into the Turbine market with a really good product
spyda00 is offline Find More Posts by spyda00
Last edited by spyda00; Jul 16, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Aug 2007
4,247 Posts
Quote:
... all this BS about taking almost 3 weeks to review an engine has me wondering if things are not all that rosy...
...or maybe someone is just holding out to get more hits on his site. I got suckered into visiting and clicked on all of his sponsors links so I've earned my turbine action.

Everyone go over there and click on his sponsors so we can get this show on the road or better yet in the air.
RCvertt is offline Find More Posts by RCvertt
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Chupacabra sighting !!!
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:08 PM
Serving the Motherland
Joined May 2012
26 Posts
how does Bruce come in to reviewing the turbine out of interest, i didn’t know he had years of turbine experience and was an expert on the matter.
why does HK not do their own review? at least it would be done by now

still bottom line im waiting like everyone else and look forward to the review
Moskva is offline Find More Posts by Moskva
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:16 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskva View Post
how does Bruce come in to reviewing the turbine out of interest, i didn’t know he had years of turbine experience and was an expert on the matter.
why does HK not do their own review? at least it would be done by now

still bottom line im waiting like everyone else and look forward to the review
Whell Bruce owns his own product review site that does not say how wonder every single product is because he's not getting paid by any of the companies. He does and unbiast review. If its good he says so. If it bad he says so.

Its true..as far as I know, he doesnt have a ton of turbine experience, but he's is a genious. The man once build his very own cruise missile in his garage This got him into a LOT of trouble with his goverment.

I believe he will give a very fair review of the HK Turbine...........................in 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2012, 09:41 PM
Serving the Motherland
Joined May 2012
26 Posts
Sounds like he has the know how
that’s an interesting story about the cruise missile do you have a link I can read about it or his background, he sounds like an interesting guy

Quote:
Whell Bruce owns his own product review site that does not say how wonder every single product is because he's not getting paid by any of the companies. He does and unbiast review. If its good he says so. If it bad he says so.

Its true..as far as I know, he doesnt have a ton of turbine experience, but he's is a genious. The man once build his very own cruise missile in his garage This got him into a LOT of trouble with his goverment.

I believe he will give a very fair review of the HK Turbine...........................in 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moskva is offline Find More Posts by Moskva
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskva View Post
Sounds like he has the know how
that’s an interesting story about the cruise missile do you have a link I can read about it or his background, he sounds like an interesting guy
bruce is not justa any guy.. he has massive experience in RC in many ways and fields (talking about electrics or Nitro engines etc etc.)

he also knows a lot about radios. he has his ways of expressing himself.
which sometimes annoy (ask spektrum)
though he's never going to lie..
some thought that he was somehow hired by futaba but when he analysed DSMX he had the courrage to say that it was one of the best 2.4 out there.

he's not doing reviews in favour of anybody. if he had trouble starting the engine and doing the review .. trust me he will talk about it in his Video..
no hesitations
Old Jul 17, 2012, 02:02 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Bruce already answered on his vid that he's been waiting for some jet oil to arrive..patience infidels..
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:27 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,838 Posts
heres a direct quote of Bruce's Youtube comment

Quote:
The fuel I had in the workshop had "gone off" (bacterial contamination) but I've picked up some more Jet A1 and am waiting for some turbine oil to arrive. Should be here in the next day or two so -- if the weather cooperates -- woohoo! Already started putting the airframe together for the test flights.
xjet in reply to pavcon 4 hours ago
Ok!
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Bruce is goood at what he's doing..
when I first met him through his videos I said to my self.. this guy is getting on my nerves.. he has this irony thing when he talks..
but he's ok and know his subject..
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:34 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith459 View Post
heres a direct quote of Bruce's Youtube comment

Ok!
It was over a week! before he decided to get more fuel...
RCG Plus Member