SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 24, 2011, 08:43 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, coast
Joined Nov 2009
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
- Am I right in seeing that I will not be able to use my current FTDI interface with the Flyduino? It seems the pin functions are in a different order? Can you tell me where you got the FTDI interface in your photo from? Or shall I just make up a little interface cable that connects the right signals to the right pins on my existing one? I assume one only needs 5V, GND, Tx and Rx?
Hm, hard to say, smoetimes it can be misunderstood cause a rx have always go to a tx, maybe they only changed the naming.
The printing for serial connectons is sometimes misleading.
It have to be tested, i dont think they changed it, there is no reason to change the standard.
As a reference.
This is how I connected the Basic Sparkfun FTDI board to the Flyduino. It works fine for me.

Quote:
- In the current / default MultiWii code, do the 6 motor outputs needed for a Hex appear on 'PWM Out' pins 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7?
Its 2,3,5,6,7,8
http://multiwii.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Doc/Diagrams
/8%20Connection%20diagram%20Seeeduino%20Mega.png
The Flyduino Diagram is not up to date.
True, & updated. I also added Warthox his ppm layout as a reference. (link)
Should be something like below
I'm still not sure about the LLC, it doesn't heart but I don't think anyone uses the LLC with the FFIMU. So maybe it's better to remove it from the diagram.

Regards.
berkely is offline Find More Posts by berkely
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2011, 08:46 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, coast
Joined Nov 2009
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogster View Post
I've just been chatting with Paul via PM, and I just thought I'd share my setup connections

Can't wait to get this all up and running!

Cheers!

David
Hi David,

I think you have the RX connections wrong. They should be shifted one up I believe?

Regards
B.
berkely is offline Find More Posts by berkely
Old May 24, 2011, 08:49 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkely View Post
Hi David,

I think you have the RX connections wrong. They should be shifted one up I believe?

Regards
B.
That's right, berkely!

Throttle goes into pin #8
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2011, 09:24 AM
USA, MO, Smithville
Joined Oct 2008
148 Posts
Thanks....uploaded Multiwii1_7 successfully . Now I will figure out the GUI after i get off work and test my FF IMU.
MOdesigner is offline Find More Posts by MOdesigner
Old May 24, 2011, 10:37 AM
Joined Sep 2010
260 Posts
I have wired my flyduino with ffimu all sensors in gui was ok then add esc and motors and all was ok but neeeded pid adjustement so after doing that I disconnect ftdi and shut domn batterie and when Itried to start again in the kitchen motors don't arm!
return to pc and in the gui sensors are all flat(yes red and green lights on) and when I move tx in the gui throttle and others move very slowly baud rate 115 200 as before,adjust throttle min to 980 to be sure and no more arming!
Tryed to another seven ultimate 64 and got the same thing in the gui.
Help help please!

Claude

green light flyduino on and other near ftdi without it connected is flashing
flye is offline Find More Posts by flye
Last edited by flye; May 24, 2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: add something
Old May 24, 2011, 11:09 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
That's right, berkely!

Throttle goes into pin #8
Thanks for the heads up guys I did actually amend that image but I obviously uploaded the wrong one!

Cheers

David
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Old May 24, 2011, 12:37 PM
Joined Mar 2011
159 Posts
Boards

Do you have any pre-built boards left? If not can you put me on the list for one.

Regards
Mike
mikehawkey is offline Find More Posts by mikehawkey
Old May 24, 2011, 01:23 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Scary noise.

What a power, pfwwww.

manuLRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
another video of the flyduspider. now with some more aerobatics

http://www.vimeo.com/23809595
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old May 24, 2011, 01:32 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
There are boards left in the shop www.flyduino.com
Got the BOBīs today, will solder some later this evening and ad them to the shop.

@Claude
Its hard to say but it really sound like a bad connection or wiring.
Flyduino seems to work fine, power led is on and flashing "ftdi" Led means the code is running.
He reacts like if he didnt have any senors connected.
Please check connection to the sensors twice.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old May 24, 2011, 01:37 PM
Hovership
United States, CA, Cupertino
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdeyepro View Post
Is there any reason to take caution about the distance between the power distribution board and the sensor board? Will the power board give off noise that will mess with the sensors?

I am not using the connectors that came with the power board, just soldered my ESCs to the board to keep it all low profile. My sensor BOB will be sitting less than 10mm above this. Obviously being careful that nothing between the 2 boards touches.
Quoting myself, don't want this question to be lost.
3rdeyepro is offline Find More Posts by 3rdeyepro
Old May 24, 2011, 02:36 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
hm, i can not say a specific distance, have a look on your mag chip, but probably you wont have problems.
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Old May 24, 2011, 03:22 PM
Joined Dec 2006
845 Posts
hi,
thanks for the download link for the developer code

the octo is coded as if there were 2 quads over each other , so as a x8 ( like the y6 )

i changed it so there are no motors over each others :
Quote:
#ifdef OCTO-flat-8
motor[0] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] + axisPID[ROLL]/2 - axisPID[PITCH] - YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //left-front
motor[1] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] + axisPID[ROLL] - axisPID[PITCH]/2 + YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //FRONT_L
motor[2] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] - axisPID[ROLL] - axisPID[PITCH]/2 - YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //FRONT_R
motor[3] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] - axisPID[ROLL]/2 - axisPID[PITCH] + YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //right-front
motor[4] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] - axisPID[ROLL]/2 + axisPID[PITCH] - YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //right-rear
motor[5] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] - axisPID[ROLL] + axisPID[PITCH]/2 + YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //REAR_R
motor[6] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] + axisPID[ROLL] + axisPID[PITCH]/2 - YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //REAR_L
motor[7] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] + axisPID[ROLL]/2 + axisPID[PITCH] + YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //left-rear
#endif
would someone please put this in the code ? alex ?
M4d_D is offline Find More Posts by M4d_D
Old May 24, 2011, 04:59 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
807 Posts
Hi M4d_D,

Thanks for your work, I'm really interested by your octo code!

Just a question:
The motors definition at the end of the code lines don't really help to figure out where is which motor...

Quote:
#ifdef OCTO-flat-8
motor[0] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] + axisPID[ROLL]/2 - axisPID[PITCH] - YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //left-front
motor[1] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] + axisPID[ROLL] - axisPID[PITCH]/2 + YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //FRONT_L
motor[2] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] - axisPID[ROLL] - axisPID[PITCH]/2 - YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //FRONT_R
motor[3] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] - axisPID[ROLL]/2 - axisPID[PITCH] + YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //right-front
motor[4] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] - axisPID[ROLL]/2 + axisPID[PITCH] - YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //right-rear
motor[5] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] - axisPID[ROLL] + axisPID[PITCH]/2 + YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //REAR_R
motor[6] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] + axisPID[ROLL] + axisPID[PITCH]/2 - YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //REAR_L
motor[7] = rcCommand[THROTTLE] + axisPID[ROLL]/2 + axisPID[PITCH] + YAW_DIRECTION * axisPID[YAW]; //left-rear
#endif
Could you change them to more "n00b-friendly" definitions, or draw a wiring diagram?

Thanks a lot!

Bastien
helicoblast is offline Find More Posts by helicoblast
Old May 24, 2011, 05:16 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,388 Posts
Wrong thread guys!
You should ask the coder. Looks like this Octo is set up in X mode.
So looking from the top clockwise front left is the one after left front and right back sits before back right, capiche?

A plus (+) setup with 1 arm pointing to the front would be much clearer...
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old May 24, 2011, 05:20 PM
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
807 Posts
Thanks Norbert,

I just saw Siberian's last post in the Pirates' production thread...
helicoblast is offline Find More Posts by helicoblast