SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 22, 2009, 05:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2009
187 Posts
Discussion
Pete!! How do you set the collective on the Tornado!!!

As stated, -4 is not enough to fly inverted with this thing. It takes like +8 to get it to leave the ground in normal flight. What are the Asians telling you?

Best regards,
sar
sarpilot is offline Find More Posts by sarpilot
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2009, 08:39 PM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpilot
As stated, -4 is not enough to fly inverted with this thing. It takes like +8 to get it to leave the ground in normal flight. What are the Asians telling you?

Best regards,
sar
Sar, I am going to tinker with my Tornado tomorrow and see if I can get you some definite answers.

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old May 23, 2009, 03:09 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2009
187 Posts
Thanks.... I already lengthened the rod off the servo.... it probably comes off closer to +5 more than +8....

Best regards,
Tom
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:38 PM
Frequent Flyer
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
I'd check the Z bends, replace all the linkages, set all the servos at 90 degree position. Make sure the bearings on the shaft is locked tight together. Change the main shaft spindle, put the pitch servo arm on the furthest as oppossed from being in the middle. once all that is done. Disconnect the motor put it on 3d and adjust pitch for negative and postive. And see how you go from there. Oh I forgot! Don't forget to dial. Beware International Rates Apply!! Happy Flying!
tornadorc is offline Find More Posts by tornadorc
Old Aug 01, 2009, 05:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2009
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
Sar, I am going to tinker with my Tornado tomorrow and see if I can get you some definite answers.

Pete
As you can see that was about 2 months ago. Guess he is still tinkering with it as there have been ZERO answers as of yet.....
Rambo,John J. is offline Find More Posts by Rambo,John J.
Old Aug 01, 2009, 08:51 AM
Frequent Flyer
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
he's still waiting on a reply from the Almighty Guru of Gimbal Sticks. And what a long wait will it be. But in the mean time he is still tinkering on his tornado.
Old Aug 01, 2009, 02:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2009
73 Posts
He tinkers. He tests. He tunes and dials.....

Rambo,John J. is offline Find More Posts by Rambo,John J.
Old Aug 01, 2009, 10:38 PM
Ex Tornado Owner
Joined Jul 2009
48 Posts
He is to busy test flying all those plans and heli's that he's shipping out.
jeffschofield is offline Find More Posts by jeffschofield
Old Aug 07, 2009, 07:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2009
187 Posts
It would sure be nice to receive some sort of reply. Even an "I don't know how..." would be better than just being ignored....
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:22 AM
Michigan, East of Hell
Joined Jan 2009
91 Posts
SarPilot,

I've been following your many threads and I have to say you've got a ton more tenacity that I would have had with that helicopter. But the bottom line is this: You're trying to make a diamond out of mud. Sure, you'll get it to fly better but in the end, it's going to dry and be mud again. Why not just cut your losses and get a T-Rex or another helicopter where there is support that you don't have to beg to get?

I do sincerely admire your tenacity, though!

Scott
dunkonu23 is offline Find More Posts by dunkonu23
Old Aug 11, 2009, 09:21 AM
Frequent Flyer
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2009
647 Posts
Not long to go sarpilot, I could feel it. Pete almost has the solution to the P&T Curves for the tornado. It's any day now. I hope he tinkered his tornado well for you. Think positive thoughts. Think positive!!! Let us all focus our good energy for Pete, he will pull through this and get his tornado to fly the way it's meant to be.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2009
187 Posts
I think he is too busy hawking tickets at the circus for people to see the bearded woman this week for any more tornado dialing and stuff....

Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2009
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23
SarPilot,

I've been following your many threads and I have to say you've got a ton more tenacity that I would have had with that helicopter. But the bottom line is this: You're trying to make a diamond out of mud. Sure, you'll get it to fly better but in the end, it's going to dry and be mud again. Why not just cut your losses and get a T-Rex or another helicopter where there is support that you don't have to beg to get?

I do sincerely admire your tenacity, though!

Scott
thx bro.... The Lord takes care of drunkards and fools someone said.... yada...