HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:02 PM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Hi Ritchie

Yes i do have the cable and software and i'm from Leicestershire in the uk?
badboy05 is offline Find More Posts by badboy05
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:13 PM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Hi Niki

I have been practicing with the simulator that came with the heli and don't do to bad at all, it's just when i get on the field and try to fly it the problem starts. I get it off the ground about 12 inch and then it just nose dives into the ground and smashes the blades! that's why im using foam ones at the moment. i have got wooden ones but not tried them yet as worried if i crash with them on it will do lots more damage and smash the rotor up and not just the blades? can you fly on the sport setting with foam blades? or shall i just be brave and put the wooden ones on?!!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:51 AM
don't distract me, i'm flying
adirondack region of NY state
Joined Feb 2010
152 Posts
nice work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeskiken View Post
This is the battery adapter I built so I could use 1800 mAh Nano-Tech batteries on the Innovator. Works great !!!
it's very helpful to see the progress images in series. thanks.
question: where did you find the little black box? it is specific to electronics, albeit for some other use, however it seems to be the perfect size?

where do i find one?

atrodler
atrodler is offline Find More Posts by atrodler
Old Jan 14, 2013, 05:53 PM
Nikolay Atanasov, Sofia
Bulgaria - Europe
Joined Jul 2009
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy05 View Post
Hi Niki

I have been practicing with the simulator that came with the heli and don't do to bad at all, it's just when i get on the field and try to fly it the problem starts. I get it off the ground about 12 inch and then it just nose dives into the ground and smashes the blades! that's why im using foam ones at the moment. i have got wooden ones but not tried them yet as worried if i crash with them on it will do lots more damage and smash the rotor up and not just the blades? can you fly on the sport setting with foam blades? or shall i just be brave and put the wooden ones on?!!
Don't try the foams on higher rpm, it's not recommended. Probably they can do fine to some level of stress at the higher rpm but they can flex so much that they can strike the tail boom if you put too much load on them. Better play safe
It's important to be confident, so if you feel better with foamies and normal flying mode, stay with them.

With higher rpm (sport settings) the blades will become heavier and the damage will be respectively heavier as well. The wood blades are lighter than the foam ones so theoretically maybe on sport settings (2200rpm) the wood blades will do similar damage as the foamies will do on normal hoovering settings (1800rpm).

In my opinion the simulator that came with the innovator software is not very good, it can serve you only for orientation learning, not about the physics behaviour of the heli, it's more like the heli is flying in vacuum so try some of the popular ones, I'm using aerofly directly with the innovator transmitter using the usb cable. There are better ones as well.

If you have troubles hoovering try to rise it not more than 4-5 inches for about a second and go back on the ground, repeat that and do some small hops from place to place to get the feel of how the heli is swinging around.
You must be sure that the heli is well calibrated and trimmed before start learning to fly it..

Best,
Niki
dickagm is offline Find More Posts by dickagm
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:36 AM
Joined Feb 2012
156 Posts
A bit to far from me I'm in Kent :) I don't have foams on mine but I can put a set on and adjust the settings to make it stable and email them to you if you wish
ritchieicu is offline Find More Posts by ritchieicu
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:41 AM
Joined Feb 2012
156 Posts
I have managed to crash my expert after a crash free 10 weeks. I have cracked the main gear which I have replaced but I also need the top link, I realise you can't buy it on its own but the whole set isn't available in the UK. I do have a spare set for the innovator they look the same but they are white instead of black does anyone know if I can use these on the expert?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:42 AM
Joined Feb 2012
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy05 View Post
Hi Ritchie

Yes i do have the cable and software and i'm from Leicestershire in the uk?
A bit to far from me I'm in Kent :) I don't have foams on mine but I can put a set on and adjust the settings to make it stable and email them to you if you wish
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:18 PM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchieicu View Post
I have managed to crash my expert after a crash free 10 weeks. I have cracked the main gear which I have replaced but I also need the top link, I realise you can't buy it on its own but the whole set isn't available in the UK. I do have a spare set for the innovator they look the same but they are white instead of black does anyone know if I can use these on the expert?
Sorry to hear about ur crash, i'm sure i will be doing the same when i finely get mine off the ground! well that's if i ever do! but yeah if you do have any settings that i could put into mine to tame it down that would be brilliant, but don't put yourself through to much trouble if you've got to alter your blades and stuff? and regards to ur top link i wouldn't of thought it would make that much difference if you used the white one. the white ones probably for the md530 and probably not as strong, so should be ok if your not doing all that 3d stuff! lol got to be worth a try!
If you type in thunder tiger innovator on ebay there is someone selling a job lot of innovator stuff and i think he had some links and other bits and he's listed them all so might be worth a look?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:31 PM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickagm View Post
Don't try the foams on higher rpm, it's not recommended. Probably they can do fine to some level of stress at the higher rpm but they can flex so much that they can strike the tail boom if you put too much load on them. Better play safe
It's important to be confident, so if you feel better with foamies and normal flying mode, stay with them.

With higher rpm (sport settings) the blades will become heavier and the damage will be respectively heavier as well. The wood blades are lighter than the foam ones so theoretically maybe on sport settings (2200rpm) the wood blades will do similar damage as the foamies will do on normal hoovering settings (1800rpm).

In my opinion the simulator that came with the innovator software is not very good, it can serve you only for orientation learning, not about the physics behaviour of the heli, it's more like the heli is flying in vacuum so try some of the popular ones, I'm using aerofly directly with the innovator transmitter using the usb cable. There are better ones as well.

If you have troubles hoovering try to rise it not more than 4-5 inches for about a second and go back on the ground, repeat that and do some small hops from place to place to get the feel of how the heli is swinging around.
You must be sure that the heli is well calibrated and trimmed before start learning to fly it..

Best,
Niki

Thanx for all the info Niki. I think i'm going keep my rpm down and stick with the foam blades for now until i get a bit more used to it and then maybe put the wooden one's on and then up the rpm. i've tried going through the calibrating setup and altering the trims etc but it still seems all over the place! i'm going to take it to the shop next week and let them have a look and set it all up properly for me and then it should be ok. its probably just all out of setting where i've crashed it a few times!! lol
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:46 PM
don't distract me, i'm flying
adirondack region of NY state
Joined Feb 2010
152 Posts
you can but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchieicu View Post
refer to the online assembly videos for the correct mm measurements for the white and black links. i think the only difference between the two sets, other than color, is the mm distance end to end. so if you were to look up the black measurement, you can then adjust your whites to match.

or

if you still have your black set, or at least one of them, you can simply match your new ones to the old ones, via the old eyeball method. you should be fine.
atrodler is offline Find More Posts by atrodler
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:57 PM
Joined Feb 2012
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrodler View Post
if you still have your black set, or at least one of them, you can simply match your new ones to the old ones, via the old eyeball method. you should be fine.
Thanks I will give it a try
Old Feb 24, 2013, 03:59 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
Resuscitating the batteries

TWO OF MY BATTERIES (RED)

aren`t taking the charge because they`ve gone below the minimum Voltage.
Is there any expertise out there where I can get some advise on how to bring them back.
I DO have two chargers with the capacity to DISCHARGE

RICK ( an ex-BRIT living in Houston Texas )
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Feb 24, 2013, 04:27 PM
Nikolay Atanasov, Sofia
Bulgaria - Europe
Joined Jul 2009
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARRRICK View Post
TWO OF MY BATTERIES (RED)

aren`t taking the charge because they`ve gone below the minimum Voltage.
Is there any expertise out there where I can get some advise on how to bring them back.
I DO have two chargers with the capacity to DISCHARGE

RICK ( an ex-BRIT living in Houston Texas )
I've had the same problem, I found my red battery with about 3-4 Volts in total . With a bit of research found that you can use a "normal" charger for NiCD batteries. I connected the battery to a standard 1.5V AA battery charger.
It took a bit of time (1-2 hours) till get to the minimum voltage, I frequently disconnected the battery to check it's voltage and at some point it become above the minimum (don't remember what voltage was the minimum). Then the Inno charger took it without problems. I've had concerns of the quality of that battery but it was working very well, like nothing was happened and even now this battery is better than the original.

From more than year I'm using the battery mod on my inno and I'm using a lot cheaper batteries instead the TT ones, still the discharged one is working pretty well (I'm using only the cells from it)

Best Regards,
Niki
dickagm is offline Find More Posts by dickagm
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:34 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,269 Posts
Tail rotor blades

UNEXPECTEDLY I blew away both tail rotor blades of my 530

Tried all day to locate replacements and a DISMAL FAILURE.... spare parts are plentiful but
INCREDIBLY !!!

nobody supplies tail rotor blades at all TOWER H. included !

I will buy tail rotor blades from anybody who wants to sell !!!!!!

RICK
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:11 AM
good till the first drop
michigan usa
Joined Jan 2005
607 Posts
Blades for the trex 450 will work just fine and they r every where .
lesodell is offline Find More Posts by lesodell