New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2015, 08:37 AM
Find More Posts by nav-air
Joined Oct 2004
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
First - a disclaimer.....this is not an exact scale door- I just wanted access to the cabin area,so I designed my own.
Stand off scale, maybe?
Earl,Looking at the pictures for the door layout, I have a couple of questios in that regard, please PM me
Bill
nav-air is offline Find More Posts by nav-air
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2015, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by epoxyearl
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
10,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nav-air View Post
Earl,Looking at the pictures for the door layout, I have a couple of questios in that regard, please PM me
Bill
incoming PM
epoxyearl is online now Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Balsa cowls
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:03 AM
Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
3,054 Posts
Earl, you are a very busy man. I'm glad that you like several on going builds all at the same time. I start a lot of builds but take a long time to finish. I'm more for small models, but I do have a third hand partial P51 Nosen kit that has the wing built and covered on the top only. It's on my bucket list. Also have a 1/3 (RC Guys) Pitts waiting for assembly.
I just finished a Joe Wagner Dakota and am presently puttering with small rubber stuff.
Any thoughts on a second dog? I'm going on 69 and have three dogs, the youngest is 4.
They are all soft-coated Wheaten Terriers and are hypoallergenic and don't shed their hair. They all make great company, but are no good at building. I'd like to get a Bouvier des Flandres
( large herding dog breed), but they might shed a lot of hair?
John
JohnAV8R is offline Find More Posts by JohnAV8R
Old Mar 26, 2015, 01:18 PM
Find More Posts by TomCrump
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
12,307 Posts
John

My Bassett is the world's best building companion.

You may enjoy the breed. They're great in a shop environement.
TomCrump is online now Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Mar 26, 2015, 01:42 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10,239 Posts
Tom - you're right..it's good just having them around...
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 26, 2015, 01:51 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10,239 Posts
We're going to need windshields, and the Citabria has a compound shape, that is usually replaced with a flat one, which is fine....

I'm hoping to pull one once in a while, when the form is finished. This will have all the scale curves in it, and I'll just 'stretch-pull' the plastic over the form...I'm back, messing with this now...
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 04, 2015, 10:16 AM
Joined Oct 2004
53 Posts
Citabria down & right thrust

Good morning Earl, thanks for the down and right thrust response, for my application, I will use a Quadra 35 with CDI Ign.; dimension length with mount and allowing another 3/32 in. cowl clearance and an 18 in. prop with 1/2 in tip offset equates to 3 degrees firewall angle and the mount offset by 5/16 in. which will allow the prop adapter and cowl center alignment.

This should remedy the climbing tendencies under full power however when de- accelerating the ballooning effect will re-appear, don't you think?

I have given a lot of thought on building a semi symmetrical wing using the NACA 2412 since the Decathlon models either use the 1412 or the 4412 airfoil, however a quick study of the plan profile shows some difficulty incorporating this airfoil given the illustrated structure of the fuselage.

Would appreciate your comments.
Bill
Old Apr 04, 2015, 01:06 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10,239 Posts
Quote:
Good morning Earl, thanks for the down and right thrust response, for my application, I will use a Quadra 35 with CDI Ign.; dimension length with mount and allowing another 3/32 in. cowl clearance and an 18 in. prop with 1/2 in tip offset equates to 3 degrees firewall angle and the mount offset by 5/16 in. which will allow the prop adapter and cowl center alignment.

This should remedy the climbing tendencies under full power however when de- accelerating the ballooning effect will re-appear, don't you think?

I have given a lot of thought on building a semi symmetrical wing using the NACA 2412 since the Decathlon models either use the 1412 or the 4412 airfoil, however a quick study of the plan profile shows some difficulty incorporating this airfoil given the illustrated structure of the fuselage.

Would appreciate your comments.
Bill
Nosiree- I don't agree at all...The offset thrust is there to counteract the propwash, or 'thrust' while under load....at idle there is no load, so offset thrust isn't in play....just the natural trim of the model.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2015, 08:34 AM
Joined Oct 2004
53 Posts
Thrust

Earl, I can see your point and I was thinking of the reaction as one begins to reduce the throttle.

What are your thoughts on employing the NACA 2412 airfoil and modifying the wing saddle
nav-air
Old Apr 05, 2015, 09:41 AM
Joined Oct 2011
10,239 Posts
Quote:
Earl, I can see your point and I was thinking of the reaction as one begins to reduce the throttle.

What are your thoughts on employing the NACA 2412 airfoil and modifying the wing saddle
nav-air
I'm building one with symmetrical wings, so I'm good with your building the semi-symmetrical ones . Wouldn't hurt to shorten (clip) the wings by one rib bay, either.
I didn't modify the wing saddle though.....I'm just letting the wing root butt up against the cabin.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2015, 04:18 PM
Find More Posts by Ricksta
gravity is my enemy
Sydney
Joined Dec 2006
213 Posts
hello all,
I am just about to start a Buds Citabria scratch build. i will be getting the plans printed today which i downloaded along with the full size templates. i am planning on using a 26cc Gas engine which should give it plenty of mumbo . Not my first scratchy but i never stop learning , great to read all the input , .....keep it coming fella,s.

cheers
Rick
Ricksta is offline Find More Posts by Ricksta
Old Apr 05, 2015, 05:57 PM
Joined Oct 2011
10,239 Posts
If there's any thing we can do........

Welcome to the Noseneers !
RCG Plus Member