New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:45 AM
Find More Posts by flyingmad
United Kingdom, New Ash Green
Joined Dec 2003
19 Posts
Discussion
Max-Thrust Riot

Hi I went into my local Hobby shop to purchase a Multiplex fun cub, but all UK stock has been exhausted. I asked the guy in the shop if there was anything similar and he suggested the WOT4 Foamy or the Max-Thrust Riot.

See here for more details:
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/...s.asp?th=68886

After a few minutes deliberating the decision I decided to purchase the Max-Thrust RIOT on the basis that it was bigger 54" Wingspan, and the UC wheels were larger to cope with the rough ground at my local field.

I have took the plane home and had her assembled in less than an hour, and with the suggest 3C 2200 Battery the COG of 74mm was a little tail heavy so I added 3/4 of an once of weight under the cowling.

The Maiden flight was on a very wet field with a 10mph headwind, the plane took off in about 6 feet: eek: and soared up without any haste or events.

The flight was amazing the plane really does handle like its on rails; the stall is uneventful resulting in small drop of the nose. Rolls and loops and upside down circuits were all done on the maiden with only a little bit of Up elevator.

I just had to write about this plane a let people know what a real GEM of a plane this is. As to the additional nose weight I needn’t have worried about it i have now move the COG back to 90mm and the plane has come alive.

I would truly recommend this plane as a second or EVEN a trainer ( subject to sufficient simulator time).

Build quality is excellent i cannot believe this only cost me 120 quid fully loaded (minus Lipo and RX).

Anyone else out there got one of these and had the same experience??? If you don’t have one get one you won't regret it.
flyingmad is offline Find More Posts by flyingmad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:17 AM
Joined Dec 2003
19 Posts
Oh Come on!!

Some one else out there must have one of these planes, if so what’s your opinion of them? Any tips / issues?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:44 PM
Find More Posts by bulldoguk
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
Bought one weekend at a show but not had a chance to fly it yet hopefully I will fly this weekend but the weather in the uk dose not look good
bulldoguk is offline Find More Posts by bulldoguk
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:41 AM
Joined Dec 2003
19 Posts
I know what you mean about the weather, if its not the wind its been the rain.

I have been flying this model in 20mph gusts which its handles with ease.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:57 AM
Find More Posts by jhark37
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
584 Posts
US Source?

Anyone know of US source, or UK company that would ship to US? Looks like really neat plane that would fit well with my flying style.

Thanks, John
jhark37 is offline Find More Posts by jhark37
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by blurted
United States, KY
Joined Sep 2011
100 Posts
Pegasus Models ships to the US, don't know how much it would cost. http://www.pegasusmodels.co.uk/produ...prodid=1001789

There are two on ebay right now as well. I am sure there are other company's that will ship to the US.
blurted is offline Find More Posts by blurted
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:10 PM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
584 Posts
[QUOTE=blurted;21957556]Pegasus Models ships to the US, don't know how much it would cost. http://www.pegasusmodels.co.uk/produ...prodid=1001789

There are two on ebay right now as well. I am sure there are other company's that will ship to the US.[/QUOTE)

Thanks, blurted, I'll give those a try.

John
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:30 PM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
584 Posts
Tried one of the e-bay sources and he quoted 149.50 for FedEx from UK. Don't guess it want it THAT badly!

John
Old Jun 22, 2012, 01:52 AM
Joined Dec 2003
19 Posts
How MUCH!!!

Wow thats more than the plane costs

I know that CenturyUK are the distributor here in the UK, it might be worth dropping them an email. http://www.centuryuk.com/Site-Information/Contact-Us You never know they might be able to help you out.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:49 AM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
584 Posts
I've e-mailed both Century and Pegasus, but have yet to receive a reply from either. May try again...........

John
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
Well finally had a chance to fly this plane after all the bad weather in the uk and well what a great plane to fly. I'm not a very experienced RC pilot but flew this with ease even managed to do some 3d stunts. First flight flew at 75% throws on the second flight put them up to 100% it handles like its on rails. It can also handel the wind great
I would recommend this plane to any one wishing to try some 3d flight for the first time hope this help any one to decide whether to buy one or not happy flying and good luck.
Last edited by bulldoguk; Jun 30, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
Well what can I say just as flying mad said this plane handles like like it's on rails great plane. Im not a very experienced RC pilot but with this plane I even managed some 3d stunts. Flown with a nano tech 2200 lipo I had flights of upto 8 mins with a little throttle control and still time to land. It handled rough longish grass with no nose overs.
I would recommend this plane to anyone wishing to practice 3d flight you can throw it about with ease and stay in controll it's not as sharp as a full blown 3d plane it gives a small amount of time to correct it which makes for more fun for an intermediate pilot.
I'm very pleased I bought this plane and can see my skills moving on leaps and bounds with it
Well hope this helps and I hope you get it in the USA soon good luck and happy flying
Last edited by bulldoguk; Jun 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
Sorry about that didn't think the first post worked new to this forum thing
Old Jul 03, 2012, 02:58 AM
Joined Dec 2003
19 Posts
I found this forum whilst looking around for riot tuning tips
http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php?topic=91929.0

Its suggests that you can move the cg back to 95mm. It also says that you can use a 4s lipo and 10x5 prop to improve performance. But in order to move the cg back you need to remove the factory installed nose weight.

So i did all this and holy and this plane is a beast, sounds fantastic and goes like . what a hoot, i am still smilling hours later
Old Jul 03, 2012, 07:09 AM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
United States, VA, Floyd
Joined Nov 2007
584 Posts
[QUOTE=flyingmad;22060728]I found this forum whilst looking around for riot tuning tips
http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php?topic=91929.0

You, know, I tried to join that forum, and found it impossible. Has those weird numbers at the end to eliminate spam, I guess, and I apparently can't read them, as I keep generating an error. Oh, well.......

John