HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2014, 09:46 PM
Seahawks
United States, CA, Palm Desert
Joined Jan 2014
345 Posts
Discussion
200 SRX Help Plz......Can't stop hands off left drift.

200 SRX

Help Plz......Can't stop hands off left drift. With full right aileron trim still drifts a little left hands off. Didn't do it new out of the box. Also in beginner mode heli seems to have more left aileron authority than right. More equal control in intermediate. Have had several crashes but nothing ever broken except the elevator servo which I've replaced.

Thanks!!
Palm Desert Heli is offline Find More Posts by Palm Desert Heli
Last edited by Palm Desert Heli; Jun 07, 2014 at 09:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2014, 11:27 PM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
4,197 Posts
Sounds like the servo was not properly centered during installation.

Try adjusting the servo horn (arm) by one spline tooth in one direction or the other.

[ EDIT ]

Although, switching to intermediate mode should (if anything) amplify the problem,
not negate it.

Is it the exact same model number servo?

Hmmmm.

I'm stumped too.

Balr14 has one, maybe he has the answers.
Steve_ is offline Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Jun 05, 2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old Jun 07, 2014, 01:47 AM
Seahawks
Joined Jan 2014
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
Sounds like the servo was not properly centered during installation.

Try adjusting the servo horn (arm) by one spline tooth in one direction or the other.

[ EDIT ]

Although, switching to intermediate mode should (if anything) amplify the problem,
not negate it.

Is it the exact same model number servo?

Hmmmm.

I'm stumped too.

Balr14 has one, maybe he has the answers.
I think servo isn't working fully.

Thanks!
Old Jun 07, 2014, 08:56 AM
Just a 9116 flyer.
Australia, NSW, Wollongong
Joined Dec 2012
625 Posts
Hi,
As Steve mentioned, it could be that you haven't "centred" everything.
If you suspect the servo isn't travelling the same in both directions, then I'd say try another servo.

There's very cheap servo testers on eBay.
Search for "Multi Servo Tester 3CH ECS Consistency Master Checker Speed Controler CCPM HP"
Only cost about $2.00 & work well.
Rajah235 is offline Find More Posts by Rajah235
Old Jun 07, 2014, 10:03 AM
A&P in training
United States, CA, Vacaville
Joined Dec 2008
1,264 Posts
Is it "rolling" to the left or "Drifting" to the left?
ASTREA1 is offline Find More Posts by ASTREA1
Old Jun 07, 2014, 09:52 PM
Seahawks
Joined Jan 2014
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajah235 View Post
Hi,
As Steve mentioned, it could be that you haven't "centred" everything.
If you suspect the servo isn't travelling the same in both directions, then I'd say try another servo.

There's very cheap servo testers on eBay.
Search for "Multi Servo Tester 3CH ECS Consistency Master Checker Speed Controler CCPM HP"
Only cost about $2.00 & work well.
Googled servo tester. I'll get one. LTIL servos & gear sets backordered. So I'll just have to wait. Thanks!!
Old Jun 07, 2014, 09:53 PM
Seahawks
Joined Jan 2014
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTREA1 View Post
Is it "rolling" to the left or "Drifting" to the left?
Drift.....I think it's a bad servo.

Thanks!!
Old Nov 17, 2014, 02:14 PM
Joined Nov 2014
3 Posts
Servo gears strip very very easily after a mild crash. I am currently researching buying replacement servos with metal gears.
PKaufmann1 is offline Find More Posts by PKaufmann1
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:54 PM
Joined Oct 2014
171 Posts
If you find any metal gears that work in those S-60 servos, please let us all know!
JohnFM is online now Find More Posts by JohnFM
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:18 AM
Hold my beer, watch this!
United States, MA, Westfield
Joined Oct 2014
34 Posts
Try doing a "trim flight". I was having the same issue and once I did a trim flight, all was good (until I had to remount my Rx with better dampening material). You can find the PDF here: http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...0#quickSupport

Look for the PDF labeled "200 SR X Advanced Settings and Setup Guide - English".

Directions:
1. Power up as normal on flat surface. Once Heli is initialized and blue light is solid, hold throttle all the way down and left. Hold Ail/Ele stick all the way up and left.

2. While holding both sticks at that spot press and hold your "bind" button, until the swash does a full 360 spin. Once it does a spin release both sticks and button.

3. Now it is in trim flight mode. Once the throttle goes above 50% it will start recording the trim corrections. You have to fly the bird for 30 seconds minimum, and keep throttle above 50% for the full 30 seconds (I go 40 seconds). Use small stick movements to make corrections to keep the heli as still as possible. After the time has elapsed, land the bird as normal.

4. Once on the ground and the blades have slowed, press and hold the bind button again, until the swash does another 360 spin.

That's it, trim flight has been saved.

Hope this works for you. If not, there is lots of info and help in this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2089784
therick04pp is online now Find More Posts by therick04pp
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2014, 05:32 AM
"Devil Dog"
Joined Aug 2014
124 Posts
Your problem is the double-sided sticky tape that is holding the receiver. Have you had a crash where you had to remount the receiver?
Junkman2008 is offline Find More Posts by Junkman2008
Old Dec 01, 2014, 07:00 AM
Joined Oct 2014
171 Posts
JM,
Can you be more specific? What about the ESC? It's also stuck on with a piece of tape right under the RX.
I more suspect the servo, since I started digging into these things I find the servos doing some wacky things. One thing I am going to get is a servo tester.
Old Dec 01, 2014, 07:16 AM
"Devil Dog"
Joined Aug 2014
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFM View Post
JM,
Can you be more specific? What about the ESC? It's also stuck on with a piece of tape right under the RX.
I more suspect the servo, since I started digging into these things I find the servos doing some wacky things. One thing I am going to get is a servo tester.
Read this thread.
Old Dec 01, 2014, 08:00 AM
Joined Oct 2014
171 Posts
JM,
Now that is interesting! I have never and I do mean never been able to get this 200 SRX to maintain anything close to stability in a hover, my first one did! That was the one I didn't have very long till one of our infamous Wyoming winds came howling through and carried it off.
Gotta get some of that stuff, what it's supposed to do does make sense. When you mount this bird on a test stand, the slightest touch can put the servos to jittering trying to figure out where they are.
Old Dec 01, 2014, 08:19 AM
"Devil Dog"
Joined Aug 2014
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFM View Post
... When you mount this bird on a test stand, the slightest touch can put the servos to jittering trying to figure out where they are.
Then make sure that your rotor head is not bent or warped. Also, the blades can cause this to happen too. It's in your owner's manual under the trouble-shooting section. I always test a bird with no blades or rotor head on the bench to make sure that no vibration is present. Then I add the remaining items one at a time. You will locate your issues a lot faster doing it that way.