Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:28 PM
United States, Mt, Belgrade
Joined Feb 2010
536 Posts
Fire!

Doesn't appear to be much "action" here on the Montana Slopers Forum, so I'll add a few new pix. My brother (TIO) and I met a couple of friends at the Story Hill location on the East side of Bozeman late yesterday and were blessed with a very flyable wind. Although we flew a bunch, it was a reminder that there's nothing like flying at Table Top

With all the fires west of here, a smokey haze has drifted into the Gallatin Valley, and as the evening came down on us, there was a noticeable change in the sky as more smoke filled the sky, and the attached pictures attest. Then to top it off, another fire started near the Bozeman Fairgrounds WHILE we were flying (You can see the smoke from it in the last picture.) Sooooo, we continue flying in the smoke
Blessings,
Arlen
Paradise MT is offline Find More Posts by Paradise MT
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:44 PM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,441 Posts
Great photos! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

I was laying sod Saturday, tubing on Canyon Ferry and BBQ'ing with friends and chores on Labor Day as I'm starting 10 days in a row tomorrow.

I'll certainly be in Columbus for the ALES on Saturday the 15th. Oops, sorry, I didn't mean to clutter up this space with the dreaded four letter ALES word.

Curtis
Curtis Suter is online now Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Flying on hold...

Greetings!

Except for the flying PMT and I did earlier this week, I haven't been out much. Had been preparing for school as is usual this time of year, but four days before school started, someone set fire to our school. We've been busy locating and setting up an alternate location to hold classes.

Sorry if this is not flying related, but thought you may want to see some of what we have had to contend with this past two weeks. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. We believe God has been good to us.

Even more than ever, BTID,

TIO
GuiotsBaby is offline Find More Posts by GuiotsBaby
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:51 AM
Surf's up!!
United States, Mt, East Helena
Joined Oct 2005
1,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiotsBaby View Post
Greetings!

Except for the flying PMT and I did earlier this week, I haven't been out much. Had been preparing for school as is usual this time of year, but four days before school started, someone set fire to our school. We've been busy locating and setting up an alternate location to hold classes.

Sorry if this is not flying related, but thought you may want to see some of what we have had to contend with this past two weeks. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. We believe God has been good to us.

Even more than ever, BTID,

TIO
Hey TIO,

It is a very sad thing and very malicious, but the blessing is that no one got hurt, and it was not during a school session. I believe that is your silver lining. As you know the buidings and equipment can be replaced and you will hopefully get newer equipment. Plus now is the time to make changes to your gym if there were things that needed to be changed or improved.

I know it is a huge task on top of all the other extra stuff on your plate, but I also know that you will have help and you will be able to handle it. Just take it one day at a time, it is all you can do.

Wish you the best of luck and sending you positive thoughts
Chip
sixty9mustang is offline Find More Posts by sixty9mustang
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:03 AM
Red Merle ALES
Joined Apr 2002
5,441 Posts
Photo #7 echos which Chip says, it shows a "Ray of Light".

Curtis
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2012, 09:57 PM
.....till the wind drops.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Some more pics...

Hey, All:

I wanted to include a few more pics of things at the school, as well as a picture of our time up at Story Hills with a couple friends, but the new computer here at school will not allow me to do so.

We are just finishing up our fourth day of school at our interim location while the clean up crews continue to decontaminate, and the legal/financial teams and school board determine contractors and such for deconstruction and rebuilding. Looks like we will likely not be back in the building this year.

We are extremely thankful for everyone who has helped get us up and running at this alternate location (some pics to come later). Would we have planned or scheduled this for ourselves? No way. But, we are learning life lessons (big and little) we would never have dreamed if such a thing had not happened. A wise person once wrote that all things work together for good (with an important caveat).

Thank you all here for your kind thoughts and comments. Hope to talk individually with you at some point.

Have a great day!

BTID,

TIO
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:13 PM
United States, Mt, Belgrade
Joined Feb 2010
536 Posts
Sloping Frenchy Style

This sure isn't Montana, but I've watched several video clips of this guy flying in the French Alps. Someday, I've love to visit this place and fly. Enjoy!
Blessings,
Arlen

Slope aerobatics with a Sun 3 (Airtech) (2 min 6 sec)
Paradise MT is offline Find More Posts by Paradise MT
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Alice Pressure

Curtis, Chip, PMT, and other ALES devotees:

This is not directly a slope-related post, but here goes.

My wife informed me that PMT was wondering what would keep from accompanying him to the Saturday ALES competition.

Well, apart from work around the yard, house, garage, and shed in preparation for winter, I still have not purchased (let alone filled) my deer tags.

As mentioned in earlier posts, I've been tasked with administrative duties in addition to my full teaching load. It's been busy, including weekends.

Of course, I'd love to see you all personally again, but it won't happen for a while (unless I see you on the slope).

BTID,

TIO
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:43 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
No-propellers

Curtis,

PMT let me fly the DLG you sold him. He came out Sunday early evening and tossed it a few times, then handed me the TX. I had tweaked my back lifting a truck tire earlier in the day, so I had wrapped an ice pack on it. Therefore, he threw and I flew. For not being a dedicated sloper, it was a fun glider to fly.

Although PMT started things out by nailing the new front windows on my house (nothing broken), I managed to clip a fence, a tree, and nearly myself before I caught the feel of the plane enough to start catching it.

While it seems to have different stall characteristics than some of my more conventional slopers, I suspect it would probably slope with no real problems.

Perhaps we can still assemble for a TT session before winter hits hard? Would be fun!

BTID

TIO
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Dead Zone

To All:

Could it be that no one in this fourth largest U.S. state has been sloping or has anything else to say regarding this great sport? Hate to see this forum so idle.

BTID,

TIO
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:23 AM
.....till the wind drops.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Hehehe!
The calm before the storm! ;-) .....hopefully a storm you can fly out!
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:03 AM
Red Merle ALES
Joined Apr 2002
5,441 Posts
I hear ya, but I think we're all still in mourning from the loss of access to Table Top.

That and then someone got everyone all hyped up about this "Alice" stuff.

Hope things are well.
Curtis
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Aug 2010
340 Posts
Tt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyIFR View Post
... someone got everyone all hyped up about this "Alice" stuff.

Hope things are well.
Curtis
Curtis,

Can't imagine who would do such a thing.

P.S.

(I think you can still come to TT.)