Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 02, 2014, 05:30 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Always take mine, its the starter for the day Wild or mild as you please
My brother and me got in the habit of putting up a FMS 800mm T-28 as a 'probe',
first flight if the day. This turned in to a pretty much no matter what.
Plenty of wide open throttle and zero ground speed!
MUS has taken over the 'probe' job. May be .25e will inherit the job
Wamp is offline Find More Posts by Wamp
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2014, 09:54 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoOhki1701 View Post
maiden came and went. Only a few clicks of aileron trim required to make her behave, the rest was a non event. Except she's a great flyer Only had two 3S 4000mAh batteries (which needed to be awaken from a long slumber) to put her through her paces but the plane definitely has potential. Have to order more.

I just need to dial in a little elevator compensation for the flaps to finish up the setting. Full flaps really trigger a huge flare up. Intermediate flaps also do but in a more manageable way. Landings were done at this position.

Here pictured after flight #2 (with the Spitfire cooling inbetween flights).
Congrats and welcome to Club Ultra Stick!
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Aug 02, 2014, 11:03 AM
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,154 Posts
Thanks y'all

It may not look much but it really is a superlative aeroplane, feels very solid at the controls, wide speed range, tracks very well (I guess the long fuse helps), pulls some of the nicest hammerheads in my entire line up - I like this maneuver and I tend to judge an airframe by how well it can handle them.

Also I usually take off and fly one battery straight... Yesterday I couldn't get enough of playing with the flaps, landing the plane, taxiing it around on the ground and taking off again. Exactly the kind of fun I was expecting.

Best of all everything comes down cool to the touch. Battery, ESC, motor (barely lukewarm).

IMHO every RC pilot in its right mind should get one
RyoOhki1701 is online now Find More Posts by RyoOhki1701