HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2014, 08:13 AM
---o-O-o---
United States, NJ, Livingston
Joined Mar 2012
1,599 Posts
@Danny,
Did you add user 'pi' to the sudo group? That should eliminate the need for running as root. I assume pulling one pin high activates the sound for the # of loops specified in the ".ini" file, correct?

@joehateslinux,
please upload source of the DSM Routines so I can take a look at it and see what we can do.

blutoh
blutoh is online now Find More Posts by blutoh
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2014, 01:31 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Hoogvliet
Joined Jul 2008
295 Posts
It uses all of the gpio pins that aren't for power. 14 sfx + crew + ambient and the kill switch. I've installed it on a raspi with vnc, that way I hook the boat up to the network and I can change all values and sounds. The version Iast posted didn't work when starting automatically. I had the paths to the sounds not correctly set yet. I'll post a newer version with the paths corrected. The sounds start when the pin is connected to ground. Released the internal pull-up takes over and send the quit command. In the B+ version I added a few command numbers and pins to the .ini. You can still use the ini file to set the number of times (or continous) a sfx sounds.

After setting the paths I only had to use your autostart script (after changing the file name off course) and the chmod command-thingy and it worked.

Danny
Dutchraptor is online now Find More Posts by Dutchraptor
Old Aug 16, 2014, 02:54 PM
Joined Mar 2014
18 Posts
DSM2 Stuff

hi blutoh. everything is in here and works fine . i will soon have a try if it interrupts camera recording. regards JoE
joehateslinux is offline Find More Posts by joehateslinux
Last edited by joehateslinux; Yesterday at 11:28 AM.