Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:42 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
125 Posts
Thanks Charlie for posting the links again. Saves me going through and finding them. The B-25 looks amazing. He is doing a stunning job. Hope the guy with the Do-24T ends up building it. Keep us updated if he does a build forum. I'll definitely watch that.

What planes are you working in now? I'd be interested to get an inside glimps to what's coming next.

I'll need another project after I finish my next 10 planes haha :-)

Kev
Kevc is offline Find More Posts by Kevc
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:09 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jan 2008
37 Posts
My current efforts are on the Boeing B314 Clipper, Torn between doing the 1:5 or 1:4 scale TBM Avenger or 1:5 or 1:4 scale A-10 Hawg next. Trying to see which project draws the most attention. Attention dose not mean sales but if there is none, pretty much means that there may be none! You better not start another project till that P-3 is done or I'll be coming down there to kick start you! LOL!!!!
bylouddesign is offline Find More Posts by bylouddesign
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:41 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
125 Posts
Hi Charlie,

Wow a 1:4 size avenger would be totally huge. Personally probably to big. 1:5 would be a great size. Personally I would prefer the TBM to the A-10. Just my two cents :-)

Would love to start a new project haha but I have no room. The P-3 has taken up all of my building benches haha so I have to finish it before I can start anything new. It is getting there though. Progress looks slow and probably feels slow to me but I'm actually moving along well. Just need more hours in the day.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 04:07 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jan 2008
37 Posts
I hear you about more hour in a day, if we were the government we could just print more! LOL!
Old May 16, 2014, 04:44 PM
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Many thanks for answering my question and I hope it wasn't seen as a possible slur on bylouddesign plans. Clearly I have not been looking in the correct place. Thanks for the comments guys. Both the P3 & Howard 500 appeal hugely.
Eclat is offline Find More Posts by Eclat
Last edited by Eclat; May 17, 2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old May 16, 2014, 05:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,374 Posts
I hope it "wasn't" seen as a slur...

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old May 17, 2014, 12:36 AM
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I hope it "wasn't" seen as a slur...

SteveT.
Oooops. Spelling mistake corrected .
Eclat is offline Find More Posts by Eclat
Old May 19, 2014, 12:22 PM
United States, PA, Easton
Joined Feb 2010
65 Posts
Nice build...I'm wondering if fiberglass parts are available and which gear would fit?

Also, what size engines are required if not using electric?

Gordon
gordonnora is offline Find More Posts by gordonnora
Old May 20, 2014, 06:36 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
125 Posts
Hi Gordnnora,
Thanks. Fiberglass components are coming from SC Models in Australia. I've been told will be available around September. However I'm in no hurry as I still have a lot of building to do :-)
The plan is designed for electric however I don't see why you couldn't put ic motors in it. The design is definitely rigid enough and I believe strong enough for ic motors. Don't have a lot of experience with Four engine ic aircraft maybe 4 x OS60?? So 0.6cub.in in reckon that would give you heaps of power.

Kev
Old Jun 24, 2014, 04:39 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
125 Posts
Quick update:
Thought I'd just jump on and mention an update. I have been able to get some time into the garage and do some building YEAH. I was sick of building (well not sick of building but wanted to see lots of progress fast ) so the only way I came up with was starting to sheet the fuz. Haven't done a heap as I still need to do some building but the building for the vert stab is finished so thought I would start sheeting this. So bang I started. Man it's a lot more rewarding when you walk away after an hour and you actually see where your at. It was a great change. I'll get back to building the last bits of the fuz next time I'll get some photos on here soon hopefully
Old Jun 24, 2014, 09:52 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jan 2008
37 Posts
Glad to her the P-3 is moving on!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 02:32 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2011
125 Posts
It's always been moving just hit a major speed bump which hopefully I'm at the top of now my plan is to have it fully sheeted by just after Xmas. Let's see how I go