Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:22 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
I have been working with Ben at Shantou MS Toys to put together an English parts list for the F45. I spent a lot of time using online translations until the parts names made sense for both of us (kind of). Here is the finished product.

Using this should ensure we are getting the correct parts. Although there are other places that now have some parts, Ben has all MJX parts at fair prices and I have ordered from him many times.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Last edited by gordonzo; Mar 22, 2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Parts List Ver2
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:45 AM
Eugene
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Well done thanks for that.
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:11 AM
New to hobby
Czech Republic, Central Bohemia, Tınec nad Labem
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
That is very helpful gordonzo, also first place where I've seen all spare parts available. I kind of hoped that there will be tail motors sold separately, but my wishes were not answered.
Something tells me, I am going to be very happy this weekend.
Gorduza is offline Find More Posts by Gorduza
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:11 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorduza View Post
That is very helpful gordonzo, also first place where I've seen all spare parts available. I kind of hoped that there will be tail motors sold separately, but my wishes were not answered.
Something tells me, I am going to be very happy this weekend.
For some unknown reason, the tail assembly comes as a complete bolt-on unit with everything. But at lease it is quite inexpensive for the sum of those parts. If you buy from Ben frequently he will give you some really good prices.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:37 AM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
For some unknown reason, the tail assembly comes as a complete bolt-on unit with everything. But at lease it is quite inexpensive for the sum of those parts. If you buy from Ben frequently he will give you some really good prices.
Most of them are doing this now and it makes it better to install a new tail unit rather than a new motor and cheaper as well.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:07 PM
Eugene
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Well my MJX-F45 has just landed at Melbourne airport and is now going through customs and should be in my greedy little hands on Monday or Tuesday.

I will then put it up against the DH range of helis and give you all my thoughts and findings on both of them.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:56 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Well my MJX-F45 has just landed at Melbourne airport and is now going through customs and should be in my greedy little hands on Monday or Tuesday.

I will then put it up against the DH range of helis and give you all my thoughts and findings on both of them.
looking forward to it mate
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Jan 2012
502 Posts
A comment on the Mjx-f45 transmitter
While the manual is good the transmitter has a gotcha.
It allows 4 modes 1 thru 4 however the mode 2 and 4 have a reversal
Mode 4 works as mode 2 with throttle and rudder on left stick
elevator and aileron on the right. Mode two reverses the rudder and aileron.
Download the manual as the book for the transmitter is of no value.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:14 PM
New to hobby
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
I got mine this friday! Been out of town, so I wasn't able to fly it much yet (took it out for a minute or two. First impression is how huge this heli is! Second thought was... this bird needs a lot of place... as you mentioned gordonzo. Field will suite it well. Tomorrow shall be my flying day. For now, I am just going to try hovering in the hall I have next to my apartment. More thoughts later...
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:59 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
A comment on the Mjx-f45 transmitter
While the manual is good the transmitter has a gotcha.
It allows 4 modes 1 thru 4 however the mode 2 and 4 have a reversal
Mode 4 works as mode 2 with throttle and rudder on left stick
elevator and aileron on the right. Mode two reverses the rudder and aileron.
Download the manual as the book for the transmitter is of no value.
I know their numbering system can be confusing but that is MJX's own mod numbering system, short for model 1, 2, 3, or 4, not mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorduza View Post
I got mine this friday! Been out of town, so I wasn't able to fly it much yet (took it out for a minute or two. First impression is how huge this heli is! Second thought was... this bird needs a lot of place... as you mentioned gordonzo. Field will suite it well. Tomorrow shall be my flying day. For now, I am just going to try hovering in the hall I have next to my apartment. More thoughts later...
Before you take it out to a larger area, set the fwd elevator to 100% and bump the throttle mid-point up to 65%.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:24 AM
New to hobby
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
So I've been flying inside for a while and got it hovering pretty well. Don't know how much to trim, because it seems that it is hovering well. The moves heli had may be due to wind in the room. What I think is not because of the wind, is turning around its axis (rudder?) but that may be due to low battery, need to try few more times. I have AILE 50% ELEV 50% RUDD 40% THRO 45% (I don't hit my 2,5m ceiling and have stick in the middle position). The motor could use some heatsink.

Thanks for info gordonzo, I will set it accordingly to your set up and I shall see. Have you trimmed your heli in any way?

After all I have both my hands made of "idiot". I broke the little "wing" on the tail boom while lifting my heli from the ground. It cracked a little, because I am stupid. Now I need some glue, but not sure what type of plastic is it? Can you recommend some type of glue that should do it?

EDIT: I believe breaking is learning, so I broke the red nob siting on the main shaft... the rest is OK, just the little nob fell off. I cut the power (was at 30cm in the air) than it hit the wall and fell on the nob. Do you think that it is possible to fly without it, or does it have any special reason to be there?

I am going to order some spare parts from the link gordonzo posted. What other spare parts would you recomend buying?
main shaft (the plastic head) 2x
landing skids 1x
swashplate 1x
blade holders 2x
links for flybar (pair) 1x
Last edited by Gorduza; Mar 26, 2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: crash
Old Mar 26, 2012, 06:36 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,513 Posts
Jesus christ I have read your last post Gorduza and nearly choked with laughing!! Man where do you find such sayings?! I believe breaking is learning!! I don't think you need to glue the one in the first pic but the round knob in the second pic might have been used to keep something in place so check before flying without fixing it first!
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:35 AM
New to hobby
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Jesus christ I have read your last post Gorduza and nearly choked with laughing!! Man where do you find such sayings?! I believe breaking is learning!! I don't think you need to glue the one in the first pic but the round knob in the second pic might have been used to keep something in place so check before flying without fixing it first!
So I checked that the knob does not do anything, only covers the shaft from the top and has aesthetical purpose. The knob wasn't attached to anything, nor he was blocking the flybar from going too high. There was about 1mm space between the flybar and the knob. Even ehen I pushed it, it didn't touch. Therefore I tried to fly gently and no problem at all.

Please someone comfirm my list of spare parts, I don't want to buy something I will not need.

Breaking is learning. You can say this about almost everything.
Last edited by Gorduza; Mar 26, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:37 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,513 Posts
I would definitely get spare blades of I were you and maybe spare blades for the tail motor as well!! You never know
markkona is online now Find More Posts by markkona
Old Mar 26, 2012, 07:49 AM
New to hobby
Joined Mar 2012
22 Posts
The heli came with a pair of main blades and one tail blade. I don't really plan on breaking the blades because from what I've seen on this video (time 0:20), those blades are touhg and flexible. Although I see the blades to bend upwards a little, while flying that may be because they are so flexible.
Last edited by Gorduza; Mar 26, 2012 at 08:16 AM.