HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:01 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Jun 2005
198 Posts
Yeah, almost reminds me of Lorenzo his first year. Hope he gets over it like Jorge did.

Good ride, Spies
PBR600RR is offline Find More Posts by PBR600RR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2011, 01:06 PM
No Shelf Queens.No Bling
Newark.Nottinghamshire.UK
Joined Jan 2005
2,961 Posts
It seems that if all the teams had agreed they could have been using softer tyres but Simoncelli wanted to keep using the harder tyres,so no one was able to have the special softer tyres that would cope better with the Assen track conditions.

I'm getting to like Simoncelli because he's got the fire in him,but sometimes he's his own worst enemy.

Anyway,well done to Bradley Smith for his third place in Moto2.

Allan
Allan Waterfall is offline Find More Posts by Allan Waterfall
Old Jun 25, 2011, 01:09 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,399 Posts
Name: imagesCA1K89YS.jpg
Views: 43
Size: 8.0 KB
Description: I heard that there were two calls made from Assen about hiring one of these.

One for Simoncelli to dig a hole he can hide inside so no other rider finds him after his 'I don't think I need softer tyres for the race' decision.

The other excavator is for JL to dig a very deep hole and bury Simoncelli in it.

Spies was blinding today, not a foot wrong anywhere and a well deserved first win. Jorge was just on another level completely, probably his best race ever. From the back of the pack and get where he did was simply amazing. If JL didn't have crazylegs crane knocking him out then Spies would have had to wait for his first win.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 25, 2011, 03:57 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb. View Post
Attachment 4103966 I heard that there were two calls made from Assen about hiring one of these.

One for Simoncelli to dig a hole he can hide inside so no other rider finds him after his 'I don't think I need softer tyres for the race' decision.

The other excavator is for JL to dig a very deep hole and bury Simoncelli in it.

Spies was blinding today, not a foot wrong anywhere and a well deserved first win. Jorge was just on another level completely, probably his best race ever. From the back of the pack and get where he did was simply amazing. If JL didn't have crazylegs crane knocking him out then Spies would have had to wait for his first win.
NAhhhh I think if Simoncelli wouldn't have self destruct. It would have been between Ben and Simoncelli. Heck even Spies was catching the back markers. So not taking nothing away from my boy.But the back off the field wasn't that fast. I believe if Simoncelli would have got his bike up and running at the sametime as JL.He still would have past him again.LOL
swheels is offline Find More Posts by swheels
Old Jun 25, 2011, 04:52 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,399 Posts
I'll revise that.

Just went here to check laptimes. First number is fastest lap, second is average speed, third is distance (in time) behind Ben.

Quote:
MOTOGP
RACE: (26 laps = 118.092 Km)
POS / RIDER / NAT. / TEAM / MOTORCYCLE / TIME / KM/H / GAP
1 / Ben SPIES / USA / Yamaha Factory Racing / YAMAHA / 41'44.659 / 169.736 /
2 / Casey STONER / AUS / Repsol Honda Team / HONDA / 41'52.356 / 169.216 / 7.697
3 / Andrea DOVIZIOSO / ITA / Repsol Honda Team / HONDA / 42'12.165 / 167.892 / 27.506
4 / Valentino ROSSI / ITA / Ducati Team / DUCATI / 42'15.343 / 167.681 / 30.684
5 / Nicky HAYDEN / USA / Ducati Team / DUCATI / 42'27.831 / 166.86 / 43.172
6 / Jorge LORENZO / SPA / Yamaha Factory Racing / YAMAHA / 42'29.195 / 166.77 / 44.536
7 / Colin EDWARDS / USA / Monster Yamaha Tech 3 / YAMAHA / 42'52.771 / 165.242 / 1'08.112
8 / Hiroshi AOYAMA / JPN / Repsol Honda Team / HONDA / 42'55.412 / 165.073 / 1'10.753
9 / Crazylegs CRANE / ITA / San Carlo Honda Gresini / HONDA / 43'09.584 / 164.169 / 1'24.925
10 / Toni ELIAS / SPA / LCR Honda MotoGP / HONDA / 43'10.875 / 164.087 / 1'26.216
11 / Alvaro BAUTISTA / SPA / Rizla Suzuki MotoGP / SUZUKI / 43'23.125 / 163.315 / 1'38.466
12 / Hector BARBERA / SPA / Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP / DUCATI / 42'11.017 / 161.508 / 1 lap
13 / Kousuke AKIYOSHI / JPN / San Carlo Honda Gresini / HONDA / 42'58.437 / 158.537 / 1 lap
14 / Cal CRUTCHLOW / GBR / Monster Yamaha Tech 3 / YAMAHA / 43'07.755 / 151.648 / 2 laps
Yup, according to the fastest lap times Spies was the quickest. I take nothing away from him, he showed last year just how much talent and speed he has and I'm glad he has chalked up his first victory.

Interesting to see Rossi's fastest laptime was a shade quicker than JL.
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Jun 25, 2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Giving Simoncelli his new title.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 05:26 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb. View Post
I'll revise that.

Just went here to check laptimes. First number is fastest lap, second is average speed, third is distance (in time) behind Ben.

Yup, according to the fastest lap times Spies was the quickest. I take nothing away from him, he showed last year just how much talent and speed he has and I'm glad he has chalked up his first victory.

Interesting to see Rossi's fastest laptime was a shade quicker than JL.
I truly believe Spies was doing more testing than running on a already proven/close to proven setup. So this time they got something that works for him. The few races are at tracks he really likes so there might be more to come from him. JL is having all sorts of problems because he can't develope a bike. I still say i'm not convinced that he's the real deal. Stoner is more than likely gonna Spank JL for the championship. JL needed Rossi more than he thinks.LOL
QUOTE From JL the Yamaha is not the same bike as last year it doesn't turn in as good it needs more power. I need more to battle with Stoner.END QUOTE.
Yes i'm happy for my boy Ben. I do believe there will be more to come. But on them highspeed sweeping tracks.Those honda's are ballistic missiles, so i don't think this track was for the hondas. Simoncelli is just plain crazy so LOL he's always gonna see the front row.Not looking good for the finishing though. Man if he gets himself together.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 05:29 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Yep Spies was certainly the man to beat... And from the number of fast laps he put in in qualifying he was gunna be at the front if Simonchelli didn't take him out...

I placed $100 bucks at 12-1 odds that Super Sic would take out Spies in the first 10 laps... Should have edged my bet and gone with "a Yamaha"...
Maybe that's where the new betting is... In how long will #58 keep it upright...

It's a shame, cause he seems like a genuine nice guy... And he's obviously bloody fast... Soon Marco, your time will come... If you don't injure yourself in the meen time...

Rossi looked to have better race pace than his qualifying showed... A step forward for him..?
Lukey B is offline Find More Posts by Lukey B
Old Jun 25, 2011, 05:43 PM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
I recon Jorge is the real deal... He may not have too much development experience, but there us often alot more to what bike makes it on track, to what bike the rider asks for... Ducati NEVER gave the attention to Stoner, or any of it's riders, that Rossi now receives... Same deal Yamaha apparently...

But even after his fall, Lorenzo was still within a tenth of a second of Spies lap times for most of the race... And is often the fastest Yamaha on the grid, and best finishing Yamaha by a long way... He would've been in there fighting fir the win at Assen for sure...

Anyway... That's my 2cents...

Ohhh... I forgot to mention... Stoner now has a 28 point lead... Wooo Hoooo...
Old Jun 25, 2011, 05:44 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
In how long will #58 keep it upright...
He seems to borrow my riding style with the KP.

Good start, doing well, oh cobblers...crashed again!
Old Jun 25, 2011, 09:33 PM
Joined Jan 2005
2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukey B View Post
I recon Jorge is the real deal... He may not have too much development experience, but there us often alot more to what bike makes it on track, to what bike the rider asks for... Ducati NEVER gave the attention to Stoner, or any of it's riders, that Rossi now receives... Same deal Yamaha apparently...

But even after his fall, Lorenzo was still within a tenth of a second of Spies lap times for most of the race... And is often the fastest Yamaha on the grid, and best finishing Yamaha by a long way... He would've been in there fighting fir the win at Assen for sure...

Anyway... That's my 2cents...

Ohhh... I forgot to mention... Stoner now has a 28 point lead... Wooo Hoooo...
I'm pretty sure Ben was not on or at his limits with the bike. And do you really think yamaha wants the samething to go down.Like it did when they brought JL onboard with Rossi? You know the whole story behind that. But i think things are coming to ahead and i'm willing to bet Ben is not willing to play second fiddle to JL anymore. Plus think about it makes more since to have you guy with the number plate on his bike be the front runner of your team. You can believe there's something more behind the scene.
What i'm saying about Lorenzo is the other 3 aliens was were hurt from injuries.So who was there to REALLY challenge Lorenzo????? This is what i mean.Now Stoner is on top off his game it seems Lorenzo can't do much about it. But i do understand what your saying about the bikes. On that note look at Rossi he seems to find away to make something happen. Yes there putting in time for Rossi but at this point they have no choice. All the money it cost them to get Rossi they have to do something.LOL
Old Jun 27, 2011, 07:07 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,207 Posts
Rossi was on the 2012 chassi with the 800 motor, Thing looked like a pig.

This season all about who wont's to throw the most money at a bike for one year and honda have stepped it up compared to other factory who are investing in next season already,

Be intresting to see what happen next year but i guess that depends on who willing to pay fujisiti the most money to make an engine, Honda poched him this year and nothing keep up the rcv in a straight line.
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:42 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,399 Posts
Mugello this weekend,

Can Simoncelli do more than a lap without binning it?

Loris is out with injury but Dani is back.

My Murray Walker style prediction is Karl Abraham to embarrass the works Ducati team by beating them on their home turf.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 06:49 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,326 Posts
I say Simo goes ~75% race distance before some shunt this time.

Weather prediction says good weather, low 80's, all sunshine till Monday so no excuses for weather.

Go Ducati!!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jul 01, 2011, 01:51 AM
Me Likee Motorbikee
Melbourne Australia
Joined Nov 2009
1,140 Posts
Maybe that's what the Italian dream team could try next... Yell at it... Go Ducati!!

Anyone else in on Simoncelli sweep stakes..?

I'm gunna place my money in a "Marco take down" this time to eigther Hayden or Rossi... So far he's taken out a factory Honda, and a factory Yamaha... So now it's Ducatis turn... Maybe even Buatista, be he maybe too far back on the Suzuki...
Old Jul 01, 2011, 08:46 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,207 Posts
why is eveyone on Sic for He knocked one person off this year and no one last year,if you look at the telemitry from Sic bike he broke in the same place,it was Dani who was way off line even for an overtake and let the brakes off. tele dont lie and there was no way dani was going to make that corner.

when rossi was dishing out hard moves on people afew years ago he branded a GOD of motorcycling. His trying to out brake stoner this year from 10 yards back in the wet was alot worse case then Sic and Dani.

last year JL try to go up the inside of Sic never got a wheel infront of him made contact and Sic got blamed for that... funny how it only the fast people having a go in public at him,
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Last edited by Whitham69; Jul 01, 2011 at 08:53 AM.