SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 06, 2014, 02:55 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,012 Posts
Are you all right, lad? Have you been flying lately?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2014, 03:41 PM
LEICESTERSHIRE UK
Joined Nov 2008
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Are you all right, lad? Have you been flying lately?
Yep' most days' you ok' looks like your skipping about from forum to forum' giving sound advice as usual' the only problem with that is' You need to pay the price in mishaps' to gain the knowledge to share in the first place. Bugger!! ain't that always the case' regards glo.
gloworm is offline Find More Posts by gloworm
Last edited by gloworm; Dec 06, 2014 at 03:58 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2014, 09:31 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,012 Posts
Talking on the forums is about all I can do for 7 lousy months each year as the snow flies instead of me! I have to say that even when the snow is gone, I still have to fight wind until just before sun down. I get a little more use of my quads in that regard than my heli's.
Old Dec 06, 2014, 10:41 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,061 Posts
Quote:
Talking on the forums is about all I can do for 7 lousy months each year as the snow flies instead of me! I have to say that even when the snow is gone, I still have to fight wind until just before sun down. I get a little more use of my quads in that regard than my heli's.
I am sure you could find a 10x15ft. space somewhere in your house to fly. that is enough square footage to have a LOT of fun flying micro helis (I know what I am talking about, as I only have about this amount of space to use myself ...)

If you have to spend 7 months of the year this way you could surely be flying CPs in there by now ... (and again, I know this from firsthand experience - even if my cP flying is VERY new [but if I had started practicing it with the same dedication I put into it the last 2-3 weeks, I could have been flying mCPX years ago ...)

In case you interested, here is some proof (V977 "beginner CP" from WLToys)

V977 true maiden flight (5 min 18 sec)

erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Dec 07, 2014, 09:08 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,012 Posts
I don't see why you are forced to fly in a small room when the frame on the wall clearly gives you access to a field full of flowers and tranquil scenery.
CP heli's are a lot of maintenance and set up for people with Polish sausage fingers, let alone on a 100 size scale, is difficult at best. I had a CB 100 palm size FP heli (brushless) that I could fly in my basement rec room, but doing short loops and figure 8's got old in a hurry. My nano qx works for me and now there are aftermarket frames, motors and FC boards that open the doors to those who like tiny rockets that are either agile or stable. Flying a CX2 or Lama4 in that same room is just glorified hovering.
Old Dec 07, 2014, 12:37 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,061 Posts
Quote:
I don't see why you are forced to fly in a small room when the frame on the wall clearly gives you access to a field full of flowers and tranquil scenery.
CP heli's are a lot of maintenance and set up for people with Polish sausage fingers, let alone on a 100 size scale, is difficult at best. I had a CB 100 palm size FP heli (brushless) that I could fly in my basement rec room, but doing short loops and figure 8's got old in a hurry. My nano qx works for me and now there are aftermarket frames, motors and FC boards that open the doors to those who like tiny rockets that are either agile or stable. Flying a CX2 or Lama4 in that same room is just glorified hovering.
I tried a couple of times to fly in that field, but for some reason the heli always only fall out of the sky like a stone when I try ... ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Dec 07, 2014, 01:21 PM
LEICESTERSHIRE UK
Joined Nov 2008
271 Posts
Jack' what's with the field full of flowers and tranquil scenery ?? you turning into a Hippy or something. lol. Anyway as I see it ' It won't matter soon if you fly in a large room' small room or a mushroom. lol Stuff is getting so tiny you soon won't be able to see it. glo.
Last edited by gloworm; Dec 07, 2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2014, 03:46 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,012 Posts
There are mushrooms in that field too. When you fly in it, you'll see. If they're a certain type of mushroom, I'm told you'll see many other things too.
Old Dec 07, 2014, 04:43 PM
LEICESTERSHIRE UK
Joined Nov 2008
271 Posts
Quote:
There are mushrooms in that field too. When you fly in it, you'll see. If they're a certain type of mushroom, I'm told you'll see many other things too.
Yep Jack' so I've been told?? Bit old for that kind'a stuff now. Lol. Just down loaded a load of stuff for programming phantom FC40 tx plus model' and that got me spaced out.lol But that seems to be the way things are heading in this hobby. Glo.
Old Dec 08, 2014, 06:47 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,012 Posts
Are you programming the quad or the transmitter? I have the RC Logger EOX and fly it with my DX6i. There have been two firmware updates that necessitate sending in the old FC board and installing a new one that has the latest updates. That sucks! Why not have a port for the owner to do the software updates? Swapping out boards is just asking for problems.
Old Dec 08, 2014, 07:15 AM
LEICESTERSHIRE UK
Joined Nov 2008
271 Posts
Quote:
Are you programming the quad or the transmitter? I have the RC Logger EOX and fly it with my DX6i. There have been two firmware updates that necessitate sending in the old FC board and installing a new one that has the latest updates. That sucks! Why not have a port for the owner to do the software updates? Swapping out boards is just asking for problems.
. The phantom FC 40 has a micro USB port in both the model and TX' BUT the one in the TX is inside' so you need to open the case every time to use it!! At least you did' till I came up with a mod' the same goes for charging' it didn't even have a charge socket in the TX !! It does now. Other than that I love it. glo.
Last edited by gloworm; Dec 08, 2014 at 04:44 PM.