Cheater!
Mitchie is offline Find More Posts by Mitchie
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2012, 04:52 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Murdock that thing is looking very sexy

KillerCut, you're the second person I know to have the v1.2 firmware! I posted about it a while back, my second LB from wowhobbies says v1.2 when I go to do the upgrade. like Murdock says, the walkera website to this day just has the v1.1 upgrade (that still says v1.0 after the update), and I haven't heard of any other upgrades available.

one of the greatest toy quad mysteries

edit: found the pic I took (I know, should've taken a screen capture)
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Last edited by flying toaster; Dec 22, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 05:14 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
Ya I just checked Walkera's site and v1.1 is still the latest...again how can you tell? Does it give you a different version number when you interface with your PC?
Yes, it says v1.2!!!! the sticker on the side of the motor plugs says "MO120709B0285B" I'm guessing that means either July or September 2012. So its a newer board. Ohhh it actually says Mini-UFO 2.1 on this board and it has A LOT more power than the old board. The old board is Mini-UFO 2.0...

I just tried it in the v949 arms/frame, and it didn't do soo well. It was INSANELY stable, hands off hover in the SAME EXACT SPOT forever, but when you hit the sticks hard it goes crazy and cant recover. I tried the highest and lowest gyro settings but I guess the v949 is too big and flying at 20% throttle it was a little weird... WOT was impossible the v949 shot up like a rocket...

Going to try it in the v939 now...
KillerCut is offline Find More Posts by KillerCut
Old Dec 22, 2012, 06:04 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
WOOT WOOT. LoL. The new board works even better with the v939 arms/frame. This is going to be my fpv platform for sure. It hovers perfect. Up and down like an elevator. The precision of the ladybird v1 with the stability/durability of the wltoys. Time to add fpv gear, I'm happy with this setup.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:17 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
That sounds great, the 939 is bigger than the ladybird? Would it carry a bigger load?
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneylopsides View Post
That sounds great, the 939 is bigger than the ladybird? Would it carry a bigger load?
No, same size. The v949 is bigger (mQX size)
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:40 AM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
Its slightly bigger like 2cm wider... each boom is like 1cm longer..

After like 10 flights, I'm starting to think the ladybird v1 motors have more lift power. I'm going to put the board back and try to lift 15grams of extra weight. I'll let you guys know tonight.... I also got a brand new v929 which I will try the ladybird board in.
But the new board didn't work well with the v949 frame, I think it needs to be lighter or heavier. I will add some weight ~15grams, and set the gyro gain on maximum and see how that works...
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:44 AM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
And walkerahelisupply is sold out of the $34.50 board, just when I got mine and got so excited, you guys got the rest of them. Sux! I wanted to get 2 or 3 more..

On the other hand, I can buy the parts to build 2 v1s from banggood (instead of getting the bnf birds) for less and expedited shipping would be cheaper too since parts weigh a lot less than the bnf package. hehehe
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:12 AM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
So you think all V1 boards will now come with v1.2 software? I still don't understand why it's not available on Walkera's site....I'ma contact them.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:40 AM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
If someone tells me how to backup the firmware I'd share it.... Still no word on if its possible....
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:44 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
So you think all V1 boards will now come with v1.2 software? I still don't understand why it's not available on Walkera's site....I'ma contact them.
++ Curious
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:58 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
I sent Walkera an e-mail...probably won't hear from them till Monday at best.

KC it's too bad the software or 'chip' just can't be opened like a USB flash drive...I'm assuming it can't anyway...I don't have the cables or I'd mess around with it.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie View Post
Cheater!
Ya I know...the Rx has only 4 channels...if I could figure out a switch and receiver combo I might be able to turn the lights on and off with a different Tx...no real point though.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Here's the reply I got from Walkera about v1.2 & v1.2...I've always found communication with China a bit challenging...perhaps the V2 birds have v1.2? I dunno...
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:29 AM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
Strange. Does the v2 have a red and green mode? The sticker on the chip in the middle of the board clearly says rx2634h-d... maybe I got a prototype they didn't want people to know about. lol. or maybe they just renamed v1.1 to v1.2 in anticipation of the next update...

I think the thottle curve is different, which made me think that this one has more power, but it probably has the same amount of thrust. Its just more stable for micro quads, and it doesn't have enough gyro gain for the mini sized v949... I actually miss the v1.0 which I fried one of the motor controller thingyies when my motor wires got shorted... I think I would want to get another v1.0 board so I can keep that one in my v949 and fpv the larger frame... It sucks that you cannot backup the firmware, and switch back to an older one....