HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:55 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,053 Posts
Brathanke all in all in the end it sounds like you had a pretty productive day great job getting yourself all tuned up and ready for the skys again.

Can you put a regular battery charger on the Lipos to bring them back to life? when that happens to mine I just use a regular battery charger on low voltage charge to bring them back up just a tad, all it takes usually is about 5 minutes if that and then my regular charger will work just fine.

Wookster LOL and not only does it work but you can't help but feel happier whiler recovering LOL

Well I was epoxying some 1/4 x 1/4 Spruce onto the very light and fragile Edge frame last night to stiffen her back up a tad as it cracked on a landing last weekend that nosed over and punched the top of the fin on the ground and broke her back in the T40's normal fragile area right behind the cockpit, so I peeled away the monocote and ran 2 spars right on top of the old ones that were made of balsa. I guess they wanted to keep the plane light, I'd rather have them strong with more engine.

well why I was waiting for the epoxy to dry I was looking over the plane and saw out of the corner of my eye the Elevator Servo arm screw was all the way out it had about a 1/2 turn left to where it just fell out again the lesson here is preflight preflight preflight!!!!!! that could have been a disaster tomorrow and with no cameras rolling anymore I wouldn't have even gotten a good WOS vid from it lol
Waldopepperaxe is online now Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:36 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,451 Posts
Nice catch there Waldo! You must fly the snot out of your planes to loosen screws like that......it never happened to me yet.

Wookster.......the problem I'm thinking you're failing to realize is just "downing" high proof for medicinal purposes is a waste of good booze........at least grab a snifter and kick back and enjoy it!!!! If you're killing a pint in seconds........I think that even a guy of your stature won't be feeling what's ailing you anyway!

I escaped work for the last 1-1/2 hours of daylight only to have some jackass 4-wheelers come destroy my tranquility! I get to my vehicle just as the sun is setting and there's fresh spin-outs all around my car........they were spraying my car with dirt from their tires! Jackasses!!! I'll be hunting deep in another swamp tomorrow.....no one will bug me there! Hunting is supposed to be relaxing! Not more encounters with jackasses!!! I need a pint!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:05 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
I've always hated the way people use 4 wheelers hunting. It would be different if they got to a spot and parked but no. They drive all over the country spooking the game, tear up the ground, and just plain p--- a guy off.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:18 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Nice catch there Waldo! You must fly the snot out of your planes to loosen screws like that......it never happened to me yet.

I escaped work for the last 1-1/2 hours of daylight only to have some jackass 4-wheelers come destroy my tranquility! I get to my vehicle just as the sun is setting and there's fresh spin-outs all around my car........they were spraying my car with dirt from their tires! Jackasses!!! I'll be hunting deep in another swamp tomorrow.....no one will bug me there! Hunting is supposed to be relaxing! Not more encounters with jackasses!!! I need a pint!
No I haven't really rung that plane out,,, YET I've had the thing since May and have only had it in the sky about 8 times now and 6 of the 8 had engine problems but shes running awesome now last week was the first time I really flew her with some confidence, I have only had a screw come loose (On the plane) like that maybe 3 times in my 42 years of flying so it shocked me to see it for sure but I am always aware of it, It might have happened more than that as there were a few times where total elevator was gone resulting in a high powered body slam into the terra-firma

That about the hunting episode, is there a way to booby trap your vehicle like when a 4 wheeler rides by it the vehicle shoots Mud and dirt right at them, a High powered Mud cannon or 4 surrounding the area your vehicle is in should be able to produce quite a storm as the rider trips a wire riding through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklegchris View Post
I've always hated the way people use 4 wheelers hunting. It would be different if they got to a spot and parked but no. They drive all over the country spooking the game, tear up the ground, and just plain p--- a guy off.
I thought the idea of hunting was to be at one with the earth and nature, quietly stepping through the woods to find that perfect rock or tree to perch up too, sit down and break open the cooler in peace and listen to the forrest animals and the carbonation releasing into the atmosphere from the bottle of suds you are in splendor with
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:30 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
I would make a nice bed in my truck, portable tv, Coffee, and a couple of starter pistols. Park out by the road and wait for them. The surprise might cure them of that crap.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:41 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Talk about ripping up a field...

Tractor - the engine of the Volvo 240 turbo / Трактор - монстр (3 min 54 sec)
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:46 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Here is a great invention, the conveyor trailer.

The Best truck driver (1 min 31 sec)
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:53 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
This would not make me want to go to work.

AMAZING TRUCK DRIVERS ( DANGEROUS ROADS ) (5 min 8 sec)
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:11 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,585 Posts
wow...just...wow...crazy videos wayne!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
the bottle of suds you are in splendor with
Smokey says: "Firearms and alcohol don't mix!" "Only you can prevent accidental death by firearm!"
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Jan 2005
5,451 Posts
I like the turbo tractor.......who needs a plow right?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:21 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
That tractor is just plain nutz. In a good way.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:13 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,053 Posts
I need me a Turbo Tractor!!! LOL that thing is awesome I loved the conveyor belt truck as well, I need that too LOL

Thats right Snowman you and only you can prevent Accidental Death LOL

Well as long as were showing trucks and stuff here is the Rig I had to go to NYC with last week I felt like the guy on the front of the video just posted on the hill cliff turn LOL I didn't have cliffs to deal with but a 70' truck in the small towns of NYC is tight enough for me
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:26 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
I need me a Turbo Tractor!!! LOL that thing is awesome I loved the conveyor belt truck as well, I need that too LOL

Thats right Snowman you and only you can prevent Accidental Death LOL

Well as long as were showing trucks and stuff here is the Rig I had to go to NYC with last week I felt like the guy on the front of the video just posted on the hill cliff turn LOL I didn't have cliffs to deal with but a 70' truck in the small towns of NYC is tight enough for me

I sure wouldn't want to try to navigate NYC in a semi!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:20 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Waldo thats a nice looking truck.
Well I made plans to go flying today an wouldn't you know it, I got called to go to work.
Now I checked the weather forcast an it's going to be windy all weekend. O I need my twist up an flying.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50