HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 17, 2008, 09:50 AM
Pleasanton, CA
Joined Oct 2007
48 Posts
Question
2coolrc

Hi, I ordered some traxxas emaxx 3909 14.4v parts from 2coolrc approx. 1 week ago. I received notification of the order, have been billed, but not anything note for shipment or the parts. Their web site is www.2coolrc.com

There is no phone number and so far, emails are not answered.

I am not the most organized person, so I can understand the challenge of running a business like this, so I am not wanting to criticize them - but - I also need the parts for my son's car. It is only $ 23 and not a big problem to re-order, but I want to re-order today from someone if it isn't coming soon.

Anyone have advice / experience ?

Thanks

Harry
harryn is offline Find More Posts by harryn
Last edited by harryn; Jul 17, 2008 at 09:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:18 AM
Pleasanton, CA
Joined Oct 2007
48 Posts
Parts arrived

Hi, well, since i raised the question, it is only right that I update. After a few more tries, my wife managed to get an email response. (I did not)

The parts arrived yesterday as ordered via express mail. I was surprised that they were actually genuine traxxas parts - I had actually expected a knock off part, so that was good.

I get the impression that a LOT of the on - line stores now have almost no stock, and order in from the original supplier on an "as ordered" basis. This is the beauty of the internet, but also a bit of a PITA for buyers who imagine something is in-stock when ordering and will go out that day. I can imagine my $ 20 order for small parts being kind of a pain for someone working in this mode - probably lost money on the transaction.

I think I am spoiled by PCconnection.com, I can order up to midnight and a "next day" shipment arrives - literally the next day - as in 8 hours later. Amazing. This only works because they stock right next to the fedex main hub.

None of the local hobby shops carry the older traxxas emaxx 3906 parts either, but can get them in a few days, so this is similar, I just save driving over to the store.

In any event, I received my parts, and of course broke the truck even more in the meantime. I guess it is either I start carrying my own parts stock, or accept being down for 1 - 2 weeks at a time. Maybe this is why people upgrade the ruggedness of their cars and trucks.
harryn is offline Find More Posts by harryn
Old Mar 04, 2009, 03:09 PM
Joined Mar 2009
1 Posts
2coolrc

WARNING
avoid this company at all costs they are scamers
i placed a small order with these guys and received it after sometime
then i placed a larger order with them never received any items and payment was taken twice from my credit card
tryed countless e-mails no replys phoned once no answer to phone
the only payment option they take is credit card
cafedecreme is offline Find More Posts by cafedecreme