HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:48 PM
You mad bro?
United States, TX, Conroe
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
Help!
Carb help for mds 218 please

I have an mds 218 that I have been breaking in (slowly) and I need a replacement carb for it. It has literally gone to pieces on me. Don't know how I did it, but it is done.

I have been advised to get a perry carb to replace it. I talked to them on the phone, and they said they will have to make it for me, and it will take some time. Then there will be an adapter for about another fifteen dollars. Total about $70 to get the thing.

Is this my best option? Are there other part producers that would work better for this application? Replacing the engine is not an option really. I saw the four stroke counterpart, and it runs about $500.

This whole glow engine thing has turned out to be a nightmare. I really needed someone to help me a bit more, but that is hard to come by. All I can do is try to fix it now and hope for the best.

Thank you for any advice.
curtisalanmcgee is offline Find More Posts by curtisalanmcgee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:30 AM
Israel, Ramat HaSharon
Joined Nov 2003
1,094 Posts
Curtis,

What size is the spigot? The tubular part that fits into the crankcase?

If it is 17 or 18 mm (and probably is), I have a suggestion for you.
Go to Pé Reivers at this site and order the appropriate #3215 carburettor.

It works stupendously, doesn't disintegrate and only costs €15.30-€16.00...
DarZeelon is online now Find More Posts by DarZeelon
Last edited by DarZeelon; Jan 07, 2013 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Adding price.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:31 AM
Joined Feb 2007
2,669 Posts
I'm sure dar is talking about an MVVS carb and I can vouch for their quality and the instructions are precise, they tell you exactly where to set the needles to stat and the final setting will very near to that. Here is a smaller one on a Webra .50.
I TOBOR is online now Find More Posts by I TOBOR