HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2002, 01:22 PM
Brighton Ont. Canada
Joined Jan 2001
627 Posts
Flight of The Toad-Part I

Hi Guys
Even though I've been in this hobby for 50+ years, I'm "flight control challenged". To say I was a very very mediocre R/C pilot (or U/C for that matter) would be a compliment. Give me any model aircraft that can be controlled in any way and I can crash it in no time flat. I'm generally all right as long as I have one of my long suffering co-pilots/instructors beside me that I can shove the transmitter in his hands and shout "I ain't got it" but on my own I'm a total spaz.
Tried FF and I was pretty successful since once the craft was launched the idiot (you know who) on the ground couldn't do anything to affect the flight path, but FF involves more hiking, tree climbing, swamp mucking, etc., then it does flying. Do I give give up the hobby? Nah!!! not an option. So way back when I do a lot of research and take up designing as well as building, and let my buddies (the hot shot pilots) do the flying.Not a perfect solution but its better than nothing. I've discovered that seeing something I've designed take wing is almost as big a rush as flying it. Over the years I've received quite a few positive comments about my designs and not much negative so occasionally I get something right, Of course these are my flying buds and I don't know if they're being honest or polite (these guys polite? no way, never happen) which is why after I get my latest project, a DXA powered parkie, sorted out I've decided to offer the plans, or perhaps a limited number of kits or possibly both to see if you zoners agree because we're a friendly bunch here (most of the time) but we're also honest and if it looks like a dog, barks like a dog and wags its tail it is a dog.

To be continued...

Comments?

Is anybody as "flight challenged" as I am???
Dave Lindsey is offline Find More Posts by Dave Lindsey
to remove ads between posts