SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Nov 11, 2014, 08:10 AM
Australia, ACT, Flynn
Joined May 2013
33 Posts
Rant
Worst Customer Service ever!

Sorry for the rant, but I have had one of the worst customer service experiences with Hobbyking and I think people should really hear this story so they won't get conned my Hobbyking's pretenses at customer service.

I bought an Airoso from Hobbyking and the plane arrived with the canopy not fitting and heaps of bits missing (control rods, hinges, off-center motor holes, nuts, screws etc). In order to complete the plane, I had to re-align the canopy, re-drill the motor mount and buy all the bits myself.

It got to the point where I raised a RMA because I was so disgusted that Hobbyking would even sell this plane with so many defects in the first place. After a week, I hear nothing about the RMA, I had to follow up on the request through the support channel. The support channel guy tells me that they wanted me to send the plane back to them at my expense! When I told them that was ridiculous because the shipping cost alone would be more expensive than the plane in the first place, they then said they didn't want to do anything because I didn't provide any photos. I told them it was stupid to provide photos because most of the problem is missing parts, all they'll get are photos of empty space. They told me to do that anyway. Being a good customer, I promptly took photos of the dodgy motor mount, and my canopy repairs and empty space for the parts that are missing. They then said they still wanted the plane back which they bloody well know is a ridiculous request! I said no (again). They then said they can only refund me if I had a receipt from the local hobby store showing the replacements parts that I have bought. I told them, I bought the replacement parts from Hobbyking and even gave them the order numbers so that they can see for themselves. The excuse I had this time was that they can't refund me based on a receipt which was from Hobbyking and I can only be refunded if the receipt was from a local hobby store! They then went on to say that I have to mail back the plane (again) at my own expense before they can decide whether to refund me!

I am an Elite Club member and I thought that this situation was becoming ridiculous, so I sent a message to the "director" using the bug-the-boss feature. Guess what? Totally useless. Have not had a reply at all. At this point I knew they were just finding excuses so that they would not have to fulfil their obligation to customer service. Sorely disappointed...

TL;DR: Hobbyking customer service sucks way badly. They don't care about their customers. Bug-the-boss is totally useless and after spending close to $10,000 on Hobbyking stuff in a year. They are stupidly going to lose me as a customer on a measly $160 plane.

NB: I have a screenshot of the support request thread if anyone wants evidence of this stupidity. PM me!
wibing is offline Find More Posts by wibing
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2014, 03:24 PM
United States, NY, East Farmingdale
Joined Dec 2013
188 Posts
I apologize for the treatment you're receiving and the hassle of all this.

I'm going to PM you to take care of this. When you reply please provide the order number. We'll make this right.

Rob

HK CS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 13, 2014, 02:00 AM
Australia, ACT, Flynn
Joined May 2013
33 Posts
I am actually surprised Rob has replied to this.

PMed.

I look forward to a resolution.

Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2014, 08:15 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,783 Posts
Not sure why you would be surprised that Rob replied to your thread because from what i've seen he really does go out of his way to help people out on these threads.

Good luck and i'm sure he will soon have you sorted.

Just a quick heads up for anyone else who might want HK's CS to help them too,rather than starting a new thread it might be worth popping over to their dedicated thread and posting there,link under this paragraph.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2139842
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Nov 17, 2014, 06:57 PM
Australia, ACT, Flynn
Joined May 2013
33 Posts
Agree, I'm happy Rob is looking into it. But I started a new thread not because I'm raising a customer service request. I created a new thread so that people are aware of the product faults in this batch of the Airoso. It was not just me who had problems with the plane. My club mate also had the same quality control issues.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:23 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,113 Posts
The title of the thread is "Worst Customer Service ever!".

But you meant it to read "Product faults in this batch of the Airoso"?

The title you gave it would never get the attention of Airoso owners, would it?
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Nov 25, 2014, 06:03 AM
Australia, ACT, Flynn
Joined May 2013
33 Posts
It's been two weeks. Other than the initial PM from Rob. Nothing heard yet. This lack of response is very disappointing...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 05:42 PM
United States, NY, East Farmingdale
Joined Dec 2013
188 Posts
Sorry! Things have been very hectic... not an excuse but it's all I've got. I've done what I think will resolve this issue... let me know if that is not the case.

Rob

HK CS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 25, 2014, 06:43 PM
Australia, ACT, Flynn
Joined May 2013
33 Posts
Thanks for resolving the issue Rob. I really appreciate it!
Closed Thread