HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2014, 03:53 AM
Joined Nov 2013
259 Posts
Ok so I've never realy liked any of the 6x6 or 8x8 trucks around. But I have to say are you seriuos! That thing is sic! I can't believe the paint on that thing! Are you a pro painter? Can you even find any chalenging terain for thay monster? Well looks like I've got a new long term goal
jhazz138 is offline Find More Posts by jhazz138
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2014, 12:14 PM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
First off, the MC8 came out amazing! Very well done...you must be psyched!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard033 View Post
I went to Wally World (Walmart) and bought a convexed bicycle mirror and cut all three mirrors from the one. Then glued them using hot glue and flat black painted the edges to blend them in
What a cool tip.

So, is the mirror flexible or an actual real mirror?

How did you cut it?

Quote:
I towed my 4 year old son's Tamiya CC01 Jeep into the house after he drained his battery and the MC8 jerked it around like a rag doll over some concrete curbs and a threshold

Nice, that thing has some serious power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhazz138 View Post
Ok so I've never realy liked any of the 6x6 or 8x8 trucks around. But I have to say are you seriuos! That thing is sic! I can't believe the paint on that thing! Are you a pro painter? Can you even find any chalenging terain for thay monster? Well looks like I've got a new long term goal
I agree, the painting on this MC8 is so realistic looking and it takes some true talent to do this. Well done Wizzard033!

I have really liked the 6x6 and 8x8 RC vehicles and thought they were unstoppable. As I looked into it more I have found that they seem to struggle a bit on harsh off-road terrain. There is no question they have power with all the wheels driven, but they seem to get hung-up and stuck especially when cresting a hill. I am curious how your MC8 will fare.
Paul Onorato is offline Find More Posts by Paul Onorato
Old May 08, 2014, 08:17 PM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Nov 2009
1,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x8 View Post
Awesome buddy. You have done an excellent job.

Pete
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhazz138 View Post
I just used the DAK Painting Guide it's really simple just a bit fiddly. Is that a word?

It does get hung on the center occasionally. but seems to haul the Tamiya Hummer around well even on difficult terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Onorato View Post
First off, the MC8 came out amazing! Very well done...you must be psyched!

What a cool tip.

So, is the mirror flexible or an actual real mirror?

How did you cut it?

I agree, the painting on this MC8 is so realistic looking and it takes some true talent to do this. Well done Wizzard033!

I have really liked the 6x6 and 8x8 RC vehicles and thought they were unstoppable. As I looked into it more I have found that they seem to struggle a bit on harsh off-road terrain. There is no question they have power with all the wheels driven, but they seem to get hung-up and stuck especially when cresting a hill. I am curious how your MC8 will fare.
I can't stop staring at it! lol

The mirror isn't really flexible and it's a real mirror.plastic and I used my Dremel tool with a small barrel file to cut it then I sanded the edges with a sanding bar.

I do think my Axial Scorpion would easily out crawl this rig. The AX10 articulates much better and in ways a scaler can't but I've found it goes places I'd never guessed it would and it turns almost as sharp as my sons CC01.

I hear some gear slippage when I really hammer the truck with a heavy load but I have plans to install a 3 speed Tamiya transmission with a billet transfer case which I have, or possibly a metal gearbox I have that's bullet proof. Eventually I'll upgrade the diffs to metal too!
Wizzard033 is offline Find More Posts by Wizzard033
Last edited by Wizzard033; May 08, 2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old May 08, 2014, 08:32 PM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
Joined Nov 2009
1,758 Posts
Looks like the price came down on the MC8! I saw it for $100 less yesterday
Old May 09, 2014, 12:04 PM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Looks like the price came down on the MC8! I saw it for $100 less yesterday
Stop, you will make me want to buy it and I can't swing that right now.

Thanks for the added info on the mirror tip!
Paul Onorato is offline Find More Posts by Paul Onorato
Old Jul 01, 2014, 01:08 AM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
Joined Nov 2009
1,758 Posts
I finally have some FPV footage of my truck and I'll post it up as soon as I can get it edited.
Old Jul 01, 2014, 01:12 AM
KF5LDN FPV Junkie!!!
Joined Nov 2009
1,758 Posts
Garden offroadin' (1 min 13 sec)
Old Sep 29, 2014, 02:24 PM
Beam me up Scotty!
United States, VA
Joined Nov 2012
194 Posts
What an epic build! Thank to you this truck is on my 'must do' list!

Eric
Virginian is offline Find More Posts by Virginian
RCG Plus Member