HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 06, 2014, 06:22 AM
United Kingdom, Leicester
Joined Mar 2011
18 Posts
Help!
...---... s.o.s. Frog (Air-Sea-Rescue-Launch)

... --- ... S.O.S (Frog (Air-Sea-Rescue-Launch)

Hi Guys

I am in need of your help if you can; my old friend of many years a few months ago has died of cancer,
And his wife has ask if I would build something which he never got round to building, it was a kit
which they purchase together some years ago and itís been in his shed from the time when they bought it till now.............? she tells me.....!

The kit is a Frog (Air-Sea-Rescue-Launch) the box is in a bad way and falling to pieces but the wood looks O/K and fitting look O/K.

The problem is there are (No Plans or Instructions) in what is left of the box and we have looked in most of his modelling stuff but still cannot find these (Plans and instructions).

I understand it is a big ask is there anybody out there with a copyís of these
Plans and Instructions for this model, is its possible I could get a copy of if it may be in
PDF that would be good so I can get on with this thing.

Thanks Again
Time Warp is offline Find More Posts by Time Warp
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2014, 07:02 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
454 Posts
1 - We will look, of course.

2 - It is quite possible that the kit never had any detailed plans - merely an instruction sheet of the type "Join part A to part B".

3 - Such a kit is now rare, and hence collectible (no matter what state it is in!)

4 - I try to preserve kits such as these by copying the parts and putting the resultant data up on the web. I would be very interested in doing this with your kit. To do this, it would be useful to:
  • photograph the box, in particular its artwork
  • scan the wooden parts that you have (ideally to a .pdf with a measurement marker included). I can then draft out a set of lines that would let anyone replicate the wooden parts.

5 - If you just take a photo of the wooden parts, we can probably make intelligent guesses as to which part goes where and draw up a set of instructions for you....

Good Luck....
dodgy is offline Find More Posts by dodgy
Old Mar 11, 2014, 08:21 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
454 Posts
There is some discussion of the FROG kit in this thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2121502

It refers to this web page:

http://www.vintagemodelworks.co.uk/?page_id=9
dodgy is offline Find More Posts by dodgy