Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:29 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Here's my 4th flight on my visionaire! I started to get a better feel for it a few batteries later, so I'll have a better video up later! Watch in hd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo0wv0UfkTU
Cool. You can even start a fire and fly around it.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:05 AM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun View Post
Warm...
Ok so it handles it without an issue?

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:00 AM
Joined Sep 2011
289 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Here's my 4th flight on my visionaire! I started to get a better feel for it a few batteries later, so I'll have a better video up later! Watch in hd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo0wv0UfkTU
That was great! Thanks for posting :-)

Tom
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:21 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,207 Posts
Zmonster97, That was a great video already and now you are promising better still I love how you can keep it in the restricted area so nicely, never mind the rolling harriers which I can only dream of. Actually, I got the Visionaire a week ago and am still dreaming of weather for a maiden!
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:23 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround View Post
Zmonster97, That was a great video already and now you are promising better still I love how you can keep it in the restricted area so nicely, never mind the rolling harriers which I can only dream of. Actually, I got the Visionaire a week ago and am still dreaming of weather for a maiden!
Thanks!
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:24 AM
Joined Feb 2010
285 Posts
Will have mine tomorrow, bringe it on!!!
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:26 AM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
Nice plane! The $300 price point made me a bit hesitant at first but after flying it this past weekend, no buyers remorse!
Under an hour after unboxing and I was at the park in 15mph winds, handled it like a champ. Stock setup was trimmed perfectly. After 2 batts I heard a brief random screaching noise - prop adapter needed to be tightened on the stator.
A bit tough to get a sharp straight up and down knife edge and a little wingrock in the harrier (coulda been the puffy wind) but this thing is a blast. Able to fly in a small field and floats right down everytime.
DX7, everything on one switch, packing tape hinge on the battery cover, wider velcro strip in the battery tray, plastic protector on the base of the rudder.

Will be paying attention on results of different size props and perhaps some cheap HK servo replacements to have on hand as spares, I look forward to many more posts, I think they got a real winner.
geewow is offline Find More Posts by geewow
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:33 AM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Can the wings of the plane be easily removed for transport?

I need to get an SUV for this hobby!
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:50 AM
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jul 2007
96 Posts
Visionaire doesn't like puddles!! :-(

Ok was so keen to fly my Visionaire last Friday that I went flying in a muddy and waterlogged field. Not really a problem as she takes off short and I can land her straight down so long clear runs not needed. Only problem was on my third battery she landed straight down but then nosed over straight into a puddle

Control surfaces worked ok but motor just twitched a bit and clearly was unhappy. Either the ESC or the motor didn't like the wet. So I took her home and stuffed a load of rice in the front to try and dry things off. Last night I decided to try her (after 48hrs drying) and this time the motor did fire sporadically until smoke then came out of the cowl. Not sure if it was the ESC or the motor that fried as both felt warm (unfortuantley I left the cowl on so couldn't see where smoke was coming from)

Now I suspect I need a new ESC and/or motor but of course both are new and nobody as any. I have ordered another 40A ESC not an eflite one from a supplier but I am not sure what would be a good motor replacement. Anybody got any suggestions?
MalcolmS is offline Find More Posts by MalcolmS
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:36 AM
Road Scholar
United States, SC, Fort Mill
Joined Oct 2012
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Can the wings of the plane be easily removed for transport?
Yes. Two screws and servo connectors. Bingo, wings off.
JimmyJet727 is offline Find More Posts by JimmyJet727
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:33 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJet727 View Post
Yes. Two screws and servo connectors. Bingo, wings off.
Excellent! Thanks.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:01 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,066 Posts
Have been flying the GREAT WHITE ( visionionaire),,,,HOVERS as long as I want to,,,KE all daylong,,HARRIERS sooo easy,,,rolling harriers=NO CAN DO,,other KRAZY stuff YES YES YES..Still learning....I now understand Y U LOVE youre larger 3D and sport planes,,slicks and yaks and larger edges...ROOKIE DALE
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:36 PM
lownslow
United States, FL, Cape Canaveral
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmS View Post
Ok was so keen to fly my Visionaire last Friday that I went flying in a muddy and waterlogged field. Not really a problem as she takes off short and I can land her straight down so long clear runs not needed. Only problem was on my third battery she landed straight down but then nosed over straight into a puddle

Control surfaces worked ok but motor just twitched a bit and clearly was unhappy. Either the ESC or the motor didn't like the wet. So I took her home and stuffed a load of rice in the front to try and dry things off. Last night I decided to try her (after 48hrs drying) and this time the motor did fire sporadically until smoke then came out of the cowl. Not sure if it was the ESC or the motor that fried as both felt warm (unfortuantley I left the cowl on so couldn't see where smoke was coming from)

Now I suspect I need a new ESC and/or motor but of course both are new and nobody as any. I have ordered another 40A ESC not an eflite one from a supplier but I am not sure what would be a good motor replacement. Anybody got any suggestions?
FYI, the AR 635 owners manual specifies you must use an ESC capable of enough BEC current to supply the digital servos and the AS3X, brownouts and it will crash....
windrnone is offline Find More Posts by windrnone
Last edited by windrnone; Feb 04, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:50 PM
lownslow
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
8 more paks today, this thing is soooo much fun, warbirds are angry been sitting in the car for over a week now, Acromaster headed for mothballs, K/E all day long. harriers learning fast, harrier landings sooooo easy, hooover oh well someday hopefully, waterfall - gettin better, flat spin yeah finally nailed it!!!.......
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:34 PM
lownslow
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun View Post
Warm...
Not on my plane, brownout this Rx and we might be lookin at a lawn dart.....