HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2014, 06:18 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,856 Posts
Thanks for the request, Martin. That's a couple times in the database already.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2014, 04:24 PM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Canada, QC, Pointe-Claire
Joined Jun 2011
486 Posts
Setup

Could any one point me in the right direction with this? I am setting up an E Flite F-4 32, with a AR8000 receiver and DX18QQ radion.
Wing type 2x aileron and 1 flap, tail normal.
AR8000 connection as below
Throttle-Throttle
Ail - R Ail
Rudd-Rudd
Gear-Gear
Aux-Flap
Aux2-Aux 2 - (front wheel steering servo)
Aux3-L Ail

However in the radio (Rx Port Assigments) when i try to replicate the same, as above GEAR is not available to assign to #5(GEAR)

Any pointers would be appreciated
teckbot is online now Find More Posts by teckbot
Old Oct 15, 2014, 04:39 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,856 Posts
Because of wing and tail type assignments, AUX1 and GEAR will be re-assigned to different functions.

Since Gear is not available to you, that means you chose a 2-flap wing type. You need to change it back to 1-flap if you want to be able to put the gear function on the GEAR port.

AUX1, likewise, is assigned to the Left Aileron function. You need to move the servo lead there for it to work.

If you export the model to an SD card and attch the SPM file here, we'll be able to help much better.

My guess is that you need to put your left aileron servo into AUX1, your left flap servo into GEAR, and your retracts into AUX3. Then you need to assign AUX3 to the Gear switch.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2014, 04:48 PM
Mulit-Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2004
3,381 Posts
Using the wizard to setup a model (which is fantastic) means overcoming the mental block of plugging the gear in somewhere other than the GER channel. Let the radio pick the aileron, flap, and if needed dual elevator ports, then pick a free Aux channel and assign whatever switch you want to use for your gear to it.
barracudahockey is online now Find More Posts by barracudahockey
Old Oct 15, 2014, 04:58 PM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Joined Jun 2011
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Because of wing and tail type assignments, AUX1 and GEAR will be re-assigned to different functions.

Since Gear is not available to you, that means you chose a 2-flap wing type. You need to change it back to 1-flap if you want to be able to put the gear function on the GEAR port.

AUX1, likewise, is assigned to the Left Aileron function. You need to move the servo lead there for it to work.

If you export the model to an SD card and attch the SPM file here, we'll be able to help much better.

My guess is that you need to put your left aileron servo into AUX1, your left flap servo into GEAR, and your retracts into AUX3. Then you need to assign AUX3 to the Gear switch.

Andy
Here is the spm file. Thanks for looking
Old Oct 16, 2014, 08:56 AM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Joined Jun 2011
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
I did (almost) exactly what you said here last night with no success. And then it hit me after my morning cup of coffee, even though i moved the gear to AUX3 - nothing was activating it. So assigned switch A to AUX3 and viola! Gear cycles as desired. I was feeling pretty smug figuring this out by myself, until i went back and read your post.

OH the dangers of not reading everything!!!

Thank You for the help

Gabor
Old Oct 16, 2014, 08:59 AM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Joined Jun 2011
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey View Post
Using the wizard to setup a model (which is fantastic)
Good Morning
Since i am in the learning mode this morning, how do a access the Wizard? or am i not reading something right (again)
Thanks
Gabor
Old Oct 16, 2014, 09:05 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,379 Posts
I think what he's talking about is the fact that when you select a Wing Type the Tx assigns various functions to various channels. If you setup your Wing Type first then access the servo monitor and connect the servos accordingly then all you got to do is connect the Gear/Retracts to the next available or free channel and simply assign your Gear Switch of choice to this once free channel but now used for Gear/Retract.

It's the old thinking that because it was called Gear Channel that it HAD to have the retracts/gear connected to it.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 16, 2014, 09:34 AM
Mulit-Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2004
3,381 Posts
Exactly, I was speaking of the wing type menu.

Pick your options, let it do the work, take what's left
barracudahockey is online now Find More Posts by barracudahockey
Old Oct 16, 2014, 09:36 AM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Joined Jun 2011
486 Posts
I will remember that - thanks guys
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:04 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckbot View Post
...I was feeling pretty smug figuring this out by myself, until i went back and read your post.

OH the dangers of not reading everything!!!
Yeah, I do that all the time too. Glad you got it going!

Andy
Site Sponsor