to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:25 AM
WRX STI V - EJ22 - 35.3 PSI
Malaysia, Selangor, Puchong
Joined Nov 2012
882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I know not everyone that posts here visits the Multirotor talk section so just wanted to post a link to our contest to win a free Rc Logger RC Eye One-> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1844462
Nicely done! Good luck to all!
Ayodhya is offline Find More Posts by Ayodhya
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:02 AM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
182 Posts
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
video title is a LIE!
I watched a great FPV flight all the way to kitty..... then I see your head in the mirror following your quad! lol
that's not called FPV it is AP (aerial photography) FYI
correct its not a lie... it is a FIRST PERSON VIEW... yes, i was chasing the Eye One .

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... was just a test to see my skills passing the doors
ricardoliveira is offline Find More Posts by ricardoliveira
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:06 AM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper1 View Post
Poor tripod, you should be ashamed of yourself. But, good video.
cat is lucky... was abandoned to our door with one leg completly smashed, vet removed it and was adopted by the family. Has the life of a queen, confort, garden, free food
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:12 AM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardoliveira View Post
cat is lucky... was abandoned to our door with one leg completly smashed, vet removed it and was adopted by the family. Has the life of a queen, confort, garden, free food
I hope you know I was only joking. I know all about cats. I personally think THEY adopt us.
Good flying and the video quality is very good too.
skipper1 is online now Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:40 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,818 Posts
Quote:
correct its not a lie... it is a FIRST PERSON VIEW... yes, i was chasing the Eye One .

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... was just a test to see my skills passing the doors
in video games like Quake yes, but in the R/C world FPV means something different. FYI
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:52 AM
WWW.RCLOGGER.COM
Joined Mar 2012
562 Posts
Quote:
Me Ūndoor... A 4 motors chasing my 3 legs cat

Great video, Thanks for sharing!
Adam.RCLogger is offline Find More Posts by Adam.RCLogger
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 04, 2013, 12:27 PM
Joined Nov 2012
38 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a hobby shop in Ontario Canada carrying rc one eye parts??

Thanks
dee0007 is offline Find More Posts by dee0007
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:06 PM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.RCLogger View Post
Great video, Thanks for sharing!
With a 5 month old baby is difficult for me to have time to fly and to have my big birds on the car because I go to the village for the weekends so I have carry my house with me all the time the eye one stays on a corner in the car and in two minutes is ready to fly, if you see my latest 3 movies, was at the mechanic, running to see my friends protos and at home... Always... Flying running... Very handy the tool case and also having all ready to fly.
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:52 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Eye One on G-Maxtec frame and Mini Pet booms

The G-Maxtec frame is built to handle aluminum booms, so I had high hopes, the Mini Pet booms are short versions of the G-Maxtec booms so they fit perfectly. The EO motor to MP boom joint is aided with plenty of hot glue (my new found friend). On expert mode, the EO board doesn't have to sit perfectly level on the frame, so the board is not glued down, but could I suppose. Long story short, the DIY frame worked great, but guess what, after a few crashes, the board gave out, got one of those motor would not stop episodes (burnt FET?).

So RC Logger please take note, it *is* possible to design and make an affordable robust frame with metal booms (G-Maxtec RTF is around $55), in fact, you can use the same frame as G-M, all that's missing is a new custom boom to motor joint (to take place of the hot glue). The board? well that's another matter and I trust you guys have the expertise to get that straighten out eventually.

Cheers...

RC Logger Eye One on G-Maxtec frame (3 min 43 sec)

RC Logger Eye One hybrid outdoor (5 min 3 sec)
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Mar 04, 2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:48 AM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
The G-Maxtec frame is built to handle aluminum booms, so I had high hopes, the Mini Pet booms are short versions of the G-Maxtec booms so they fit perfectly. The EO motor to MP boom joint is aided with plenty of hot glue (my new found friend). On expert mode, the EO board doesn't have to sit perfectly level on the frame, so the board is not glued down, but could I suppose. Long story short, the DIY frame worked great, but guess what, after a few crashes, the board gave out, got one of those motor would not stop episodes (burnt FET?).

So RC Logger please take note, it *is* possible to design and make an affordable robust frame with metal booms (G-Maxtec RTF is around $55), in fact, you can use the same frame as G-M, all that's missing is a new custom boom to motor joint (to take place of the hot glue). The board? well that's another matter and I trust you guys have the expertise to get that straighten out eventually.

Cheers...

http://youtu.be/qReBteYhbYo
http://youtu.be/ZDcLcgzBGoI
Very cool
Old Mar 05, 2013, 06:01 AM
Up... Up... And away !
Portugal
Joined Oct 2010
182 Posts
Note, very important note to manufacter.

Adam, please consider this.

I have never broke mine, i had 3 or 4 crashes, one was real high... i lost him out of sight, and we suffered the wuble of death... I was scared, dropped more quickly the stick, some wind... went down, fall over a bush

I have the caution to fly over fields or grass / gardens, to reduce impact and to fly with no worries if I am going to crash.

Both my friends broke theirs on a boom near the main frame structure and was nasty to glue, we dont have the sure that is 100% leveled, if there were a “fuse” piece would be a best seller…

My opinion:

1 – Place a “fuse” type piece connecting the main frame to the booms, so in case of hard landing or crash, it should break there in that point and not the mainframe or the booms.

2 – From the board to motors should be plug and play installation like JST plugs or similar, so in case of need, just plug and play, buy a new boom with engine, click, fly.

I had a solo pro v2 and i loved it because was plug and play, no need to do bricolage or repairs... broke, new one, click, as new, fly.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:37 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Feb 2013
27 Posts
bad battery wires??

I just wanted to charge the stock battery and noticed that 1 positive wire broke clean off at the base of the lipo, now that one cell doesn't charge.. it's to near of the battery so i can't solder it Just had about 10 charges
eddiecornelli is online now Find More Posts by eddiecornelli
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:43 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiecornelli View Post
I just wanted to charge the stock battery and noticed that 1 positive wire broke clean off at the base of the lipo, now that one cell doesn't charge.. it's to near of the battery so i can't solder it Just had about 10 charges
It's the repeated twisting when securing in battery holder that puts stress on the wire and after some time the accumulative effect finally severes the wire. Exact same thing happened to one of mine.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:52 AM
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Feb 2013
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
It's the repeated twisting when securing in battery holder that puts stress on the wire and after some time the accumulative effect finally severes the wire. Exact same thing happened to one of mine.
I saw the lipo conversion on the board with regular connectors to 2 cell balance charging.. think that's the best option.. most wires of these lipos are more flexible too..Then i can use my expensive graupner charger again... now it's sitting unemployed on my desk..
eddiecornelli is online now Find More Posts by eddiecornelli