HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:50 AM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,220 Posts
I will take one, just wanted to know,

I'm going to use it for FPV purposes....can the fuselage hold a Lipo the size of 3s-4000mah +
with room to spar?

or is it slim like most of the gliders out there?.... I like a fat/big roommy fuselage for my FPV gear to fit and be separated in....

May you show fuselage size with a measurement tape?

Thank you much!
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:13 AM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFPV View Post
I will take one, just wanted to know,

I'm going to use it for FPV purposes....can the fuselage hold a Lipo the size of 3s-4000mah +
with room to spar?

or is it slim like most of the gliders out there?.... I like a fat/big roommy fuselage for my FPV gear to fit and be separated in....

May you show fuselage size with a measurement tape?

Thank you much!
Will be tight, however the production ones will have a clear canopy - again, these are prototypes. The room is 40mm width 140mm length and 70mm high. I do notice that many FPV flyers take off the canopy to give un restricted view, plus they can fit more gear in and have a rotating head.

Nearly finished the new fuse, so will post more tomorrow so you can see it better.

Cheers
G.
Ridgehogs is offline Find More Posts by Ridgehogs
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:53 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2012
164 Posts
Interested also in options for a fast warmliner setup
S2000442 is offline Find More Posts by S2000442
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:41 AM
Albuq, NMex USA
Joined Jan 2001
607 Posts
Airfoil?
MikeC is online now Find More Posts by MikeC
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:34 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2004
624 Posts
New

When. How much in the USA. Who will distribute?
rev.iain is offline Find More Posts by rev.iain
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:49 AM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,220 Posts
+1
we want USA distributors so we can buy and ship at decent time.... :-)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2000442 View Post
Interested also in options for a fast warmliner setup
Yes, this does rocket along when you run the ship with a 4s lipo. I have finished the fuse now, so will show how easy it is to change out the motor/set up.

I have run it both with a 10x6 prop and a 12x6 - both good, but I like the smaller one for ease and less stress on the small motor I use (1038Kv outrunner)
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Airfoil?
Airfoil is a custom design, I will try and track down the data for you. I got to choose from foils, all had a print out to show lift at various speeds, wing loading - the works. The print out looked like a sheet off a dyno tuning outfit.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev.iain View Post
When. How much in the USA. Who will distribute?
This depends on quantity and weather you are buying retail or wholesale, ATF, RTF etc.

These are stronger than any foamy, or fiber glass model, uses a special composite of PET and Epor, so cost wise will enter between the Foamy and Glass models available.

We are working through that "costing" process now...
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Ridgehogs TR035 Power Plant

Here is the TR035 power plant setup... What I have done is created a mounting plate which acts as a heat sink as well. The plate has various holes so that the pilot can fit various sized outrunners to this to suit their intended need (thermal, slope or hotliner).

The mounting plate screws to the inside of the fuse, the plate on the inside has slotted holes so that if you put a bigger motor in, you can slide the plate back a little.

This also is good when you crash, the whole set up is easy to access/replace with no damage to the fuse/structure.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Ridgehogs TR035 Detail photos

Here are some more photos for now. Again, this is just a prototype, so please excuse the finish. I will get some more nice photos in better light, rather than the dining room

I will show you how it all comes apart, but for now, here is another bunch. Rainy and yuck today, I will attempt to get out first thing in the morning before we go away on holiday....
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:58 AM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2012
164 Posts
The plane looks fantastic and looks well thought out. Very interested in getting one.

So what is best guesstimate of actually getting one and where will it be shipped from?
S2000442 is offline Find More Posts by S2000442
Last edited by S2000442; Oct 03, 2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:25 PM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,567 Posts
Just found the thread - and jumping on board late I'll say you had me hooked on the first page. I'm posting basically to add my hat into the ring, & establish a 'subscribed' status so I can follow progress.

While here, my tuppence:
Voting for rudder as desirable - make that highly desirable, if not a must. Saw one mention of my best suggestion there, make accommodation for those who'd want to add their own. Perhaps an alternative vert.stab form; ie, changeover-able mold section? Also adding that, the best of all worlds would be 'flaps too'.

And the one other fear I'd express is, what your production location will likely add to the purchase price. Unless you've worked something out, and it's very good, that could well be the deal breaker. For the record I'm a retiree living on a meager pension (if you can call this 'living') *LOL* For an e.g., as good as their prices are, 'Hobby Kink' has pretty well lost my plane business due partly to their policies but mostly due to their shipping cost.

I admire your ambition, and wish you nothing but the best,
& godspeed!
~S*H
Atlantic Coast, NC, USA
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:15 PM
Canada
Joined Jul 2009
6,823 Posts
As the flying season for me nears its end (except for some winter soaring), I was looking at some winter projects. One is converting an old 3300mm slope soarer to electric power. I'm still going to do this but this sailplane looks interesting. I'd be interested in one in the ballpark of $350.00 for a PNP. One additional detractor is that shipping from NZ could be a deal breaker. Shipping from China (HobbyKing) is quite reasonable and even shipping from OZ is just tolerable. I have no idea what the NZ postal shipping rates are like.

I also like your jet design in the other thread and having a somewhat crash resistant one in my collection would be desirable, especially one that doesn't look like a kindergarten class cut it out of paper using those little plastic scissors. (We all know who those are "as seen on YouTube".)
xviper is online now Find More Posts by xviper
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:17 AM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,220 Posts
As for me, Ailerons and Elevator is just fine....

adding a servo for rudder just complicates for what I intend to do with this plane (FPV)....

Thanks for the updates.... This is sooo cool, the elevator servo is in the back, and frees' up the room in the fuselage.....

(p.s....I just wished the fuse a bit larger).... :-)