HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2011, 01:54 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
It has to be at least slightly better. Larger control surfaces (tail and elevator) and ailerons from the single wing right in the middle of the prop wash. The nose is also a little bit more profiled. So sure enough, it's not much more, but I'm hoping for some decent hovering We will know soon enough no matter what, since, if it can ever hover, they will likely show it in the obvious incoming video.

Edit: Also noticed the motor is not the same as the Beast.... 2500KV instead of 2300KV. Why would they need a different motor if not to achieve some sort of better 3D? (they have a different part number... )

HH is very particular about listing 3D on their models.

Looks like it's not in the HH title anymore.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...#quickOverview

Horizon, care to comment??

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2011, 01:57 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Is it only me, or do we have a new receiver as well??? AR6400NBL and 4 separate servos? That would be kind of cool too. But then, other than the fact that the ESC is brushless, a AR6300 would do the trick...
I wonder why they even bother calling it an AR6400 if it doesn't have servos on it.

That's weird.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Apr 14, 2011, 01:59 PM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,347 Posts
I just cancelled my um corsair order to fund for this one! I was going to buy the beast, but I like the profile of this one. Might have to start stocking up on batteries lol
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:00 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post

rc

Shoot, that can mean only one thing: they just did the video and none of their pro can hover it..... Shoot. Still buying it anyway. Need to use those special 2S batteries anyway

BTW: Bet ya that they are monitoring our threads live! I'll have to stop saying their webmaster is bad, because it does look like he is on the bandwagon! Quick update for sure...
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:03 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,347 Posts
Quote:

rc
Nice catch babbel lol I just noticed that too.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:06 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
I think this is really what we were waiting for... Even though we didn't know it....
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:15 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,644 Posts
"Designed by world-class competitor Mike McConville"...

I believe that Mike was also behind the UM Sukhoi airframe.

Wonderful design!

The UMX Sbach 'hurry-up & wait' program has officially begun.

HH care to send one my way for 'test' purposes only?

rc
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:21 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten View Post
I just cancelled my um corsair order to fund for this one! I was going to buy the beast, but I like the profile of this one. Might have to start stocking up on batteries lol
jab,

The thought of waiting another 2~3 months for the Sbach is only bearable because of my Beast.

Take your UM Corsair money and get the Beast.

It's power & performance are addictive!!

rc
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:22 PM
Can't get enough
Joined May 2010
2,347 Posts
Quote:
jab,

The thought of waiting another 2~3 months for the Sbach is only bearable because of my Beast.

Take your UM Corsair money and get the Beast.

It's power & performance are addictive!!

rc
If I get the beast there is no way my gf will LET me buy the Sbach lol
Old Apr 14, 2011, 02:44 PM
Please excuse me..
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Feb 2011
807 Posts
I got the beast yesterday and it opened my eyes to a micro world far beyond what I had thought possible. After 5 flights with that silent, quick 180BL, I, like many others, knew I had now experienced micros done the right way. Will surely be picking up this SBach and whatever comes after it. Once you fly a micro BL, you never (want) to go back.

By the way, no way this thing will hover, people. Not much damping in such a stubby aircraft, but who knows maybe Eflite can pull it off for the vid.
represent is offline Find More Posts by represent
Old Apr 14, 2011, 03:22 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,753 Posts
That is SICK!!!
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Apr 14, 2011, 04:51 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by represent View Post
Once you fly a micro BL, you never (want) to go back.
I'm 100% sure you never flew the Extra 300 to say something like that! Somehow, I don't think brushed motors are about to be a thing of the past that quickly, particularly for indoor flying. Sure you can fly a Beast (and likely the Sbach) indoor, but if you truly want extreme fun flying, then the little brushed Extra 300 is still the best in my book, particularly in a smaller gym or space. And that's coming from a guy who has the Beast, a Brushless Sukhoi and a Brushless 4-Site! Trust me, the brushed Extra 300 totally deserve the UMX title, even if people originally thought that it was reserved for brushless!
Old Apr 14, 2011, 04:58 PM
Please excuse me..
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Feb 2011
807 Posts
Quote:
I'm 100% sure you never flew the Extra 300 to say something like that! Somehow, I don't think brushed motors are about to be a thing of the past that quickly, particularly for indoor flying. Sure you can fly a Beast (and likely the Sbach) indoor, but if you truly want extreme fun flying, then the little brushed Extra 300 is still the best in my book, particularly in a smaller gym or space. And that's coming from a guy who has the Beast, a Brushless Sukhoi and a Brushless 4-Site! Trust me, the brushed Extra 300 totally deserve the UMX title, even if people originally thought that it was reserved for brushless!
I fly purely outside, so I'm not disagreeing with how awesome the profile Extra 300 is indoors. But it's also a completely different style of plane- its pretty slow and weighs less than a feather. I was just trying to stress that for out of the box outdoor flight without painstaking transplantation mods, the Beast's stock form is insane compared to everything else. My Sukhoi XP with 5043 and Hyp 180/240s is comparable in speed, but doesn't fly nearly as well. Coming from larger 3DHS planes, the Beast is the only micro I can bang around knife edging and doing all sorts of SMOOTH maneuvering while still clipping around at 25 mph covering some serious ground. Can't wait for the next installment of these little wonders. Its not true 3d like the Extra 300, so you have a point there. just clarifying..
represent is offline Find More Posts by represent
Old Apr 14, 2011, 05:12 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by represent View Post
Coming from larger 3DHS planes, the Beast is the only micro I can bang around knife edging and doing all sorts of SMOOTH maneuvering while still clipping around at 25 mph covering some serious ground. Can't wait for the next installment of these little wonders.
You forgot to add the awesome sound the Beast make! That's a huge bonus! And the Sbach will spin the prop about 2000 rpm faster! That will likely be a much better "ZING" at a higher pitch! I guess that sadly, mistakes in flight will be more costly too! I love that little plane already.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 05:14 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,414 Posts
I do want!
SD One. is online now Find More Posts by SD One.