Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 28, 2014, 08:18 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,036 Posts
Wow, talk about behind the curve! I've been kind of laying low on line lately. Its summer time, party time and I'm HOT!!!!

Not gonna complain too much though. Every morning I walk out and my whitie tighties are sweat soaked by 8:00 AM. When I reach that moment I stop, reflect and remember last Feb when I almost died in that horrible ice storm and the temperature plunged to ........ gasp!!!!! .........19 You guys like Keith have no idea what real cold is.

OK, Rob and that group got "quaked". Glad you're all OK! I'll take hurricanes, storm surges, 140k winds and monsoon rains any day over the ground opening up and swallowing me.

High points:

All the woodie work looks awesome guys! Exceptional gliders, cool (extremely cool) boats and amazing projects.

GDon called me Saturday night. I truly enjoyed the ratchet jawing Don. I have some questions and want to ask you about some people that you may know.

Also Don almost has me talked into doing a wall like his safe wall. I have a large blank wall going up my stairwell at home and been trying to decide what to do with it. We got tot alking about me copying him and doing one here at the casa. Don, been thinking about it and I have an idea (always a scary thing.). What if I did like you but actually made it functional? No, I could never get the complete safe system working with the huge lugs camming into receptacles but I could make it about 50% as strong. My thinking is to make it functional, pretty strong and have it open into the walk in closet in the master bedroom. Here's the kicker: turn the walk in closet into my gun safe. I remove the door going into it from the master bedroom an sheetrock it over, paint to match. You would have to have a ladder to get inside but anyone breaking in would see it, think its fake and look elsewhere. I can't see any way it wouldn't work. Only real hurdle will be convincing momma to get rid of 3000 pairs of shoes, more clothes than a Macy's and condense her wardrobe down enough to fit into a closet that's the size of a phone booth. I personally don't see a down side. If I never post on here again please contact the Pensacola Police Dept., ask for Detective Smith and tell him you know who murdered Seanpcola. Tell him it was a closet related crime of passion.

JEFFFFF! Call me! I don't have your #.

More later. One of the reasons I haven't posted much is I bought a new tablet, decided it sucks, gave it to momma and just got one I like better last Saturday. Once I learn how to use the thing I'll be back more often.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2014, 09:44 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,296 Posts
thanks kenda. its not finished yet. maybe this weekend i can get in a maiden. still need to connect control rods and balance her. waiting on my folding prop gear as well. very excited. first build ever and first glider.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:53 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,556 Posts
WoW G Don! .0006 tells me it's a 'real' printer= the sintered powder babes @ 35 grand start point- I need to do some digging, but on the You tubes for Makerbots, they have a story of ( successfully) putting acetone in a wok, turning it up only enough to get evaporation, and 'soaking' on a support platform for 30 seconds. they went as far as 2 minutes, which only got acetone droplets to dribble on the surfaces.- it did clear and brighten the finish, and burned down one garage in the process of 'learning' !
Johnny
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Doin' What come naturally!
Old Yesterday, 12:27 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
The Makerbot dude was on the Varney show the other Am, said he has a new camera program that you take a few pics of the object

Plug her in to the machine and out comes your part, with out any CAD at all

On a $675 printer they must be a little bit rough looking

Don't think I want to risk my $300 outdrive parts in a acetone filled wok, stay with good old sanding by hand
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
Hey Sean

Was just thinking after reading your note that you could enlarge the 20" by 30" door & hinge beam if needed for a bigger wall area

All the other parts would stay the same size

Could even make a vertical design like a vault door

After reading on these things I see where a few people have used the real ones for real doors in their homes

G Don the Safe Dude
Old Yesterday, 01:54 AM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,556 Posts
That digitizer is listed @ 900 bucks, so that's a helluva deal- probably low res, of course!
Stratasys will sell ya a fixed one for 30 g's, without rotations- being fixed, but 6 digit resolution.Takes about 20 min per location to gather the data- about 12 M average per data file.
WuffDA! 300 Bucks! but ya get what ya pay for!
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+replicator+2x
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 03:18 AM
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
1,919 Posts
Oh ya these things came out great, the Stratasys is what my parts were printed on

The printers are Objet made in Israel, had my 1/16 scale race car bodys printed on them 6 yrs ago

In the pic you can see the lines on the body sides

Looks better now, they say they are the same but the lines are finer now
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Joined Jan 2007
3,556 Posts
very kool!
RCG Plus Member