SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:09 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,417 Posts
Discussion
Alabama Standoff: Photo released of Jimmy Lee Dykes, man accused of holding 5-year-ol

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...tage-released/

Neighbors said the Alabama man accused of killing a driver in a school bus full of children and taking one 5-year-old boy hostage in a continuing standoff against police developed a frightening reputation. He was known as a volatile man with anti-government views who threatened his neighbors at gunpoint.
Broken Wings is online now Find More Posts by Broken Wings
Last edited by Broken Wings; Oct 27, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:22 PM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
And a link to the photo of the perp:

Bless them, but The Suits seem to be taking the NRA/Gunweenie approach with this miscreant:

Quote:
"I want to give him a reason to come out... and my reason is, 'You didn't mean that to happen. It was unintentional. It could have happened to anyone. It was an accident. People have accidents, Jimmy Lee. It's not that big a thing. You and I can work that out.'"

INTERNET, FEB 2013
More details on this character from the attributed source:
Quote:
The chief confirmed that Dykes held anti-government views, as described by multiple neighbors: "He's against the government — starting with Obama on down."
"He doesn't like law enforcement or the government telling him what to do," he said. "He's just a loner."

A neighbor directly across the street, Brock Parrish, said Dykes usually wore overalls and glasses and his posture was hunched-over. He said Dykes usually drove a run-down "creeper" van with some of the windows covered in aluminum foil.

Parrish often saw him digging in his yard, as if he was preparing to lay down a driveway or building foundation. He lived in a small camping trailer there and patrolled his lawn at night, walking from corner to corner with a flashlight and a long gun. Parrish described the weapon as an assault rifle, while another neighbor said it was a shotgun; authorities have not disclosed what firearms Dykes might have in his possession.

Court records showed Dykes was arrested in Florida in 1995 for improper exhibition of a weapon, but the misdemeanor was dismissed. The circumstances of the arrest were not detailed in his criminal record.

http://news.yahoo.com/authorities-re...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

And, may he rest in peace, the shooter'd first victim:

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Last edited by Jacques Flambeau; Feb 01, 2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:27 PM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Is this happening near where you live Bill?
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:28 AM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,798 Posts
Where's Highflight, is all our regular right wing posters still here. Is anyone missing. Who hasn't posted in a few days.

Really now, first off, who thinks this guy stole all the guns he has in his bunker. Or perish the thought that he actually owns his guns legally. He has been known to kill animals in his front yard for fun, and hoards guns, ammo and other things in a bunker to hide from the Gubment. He sounds just like the kind of person I said we need to know has an arsenal at home.

I just hope the child gets out alive and with as little emotional trauma as possible.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:34 AM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
Where's Highflight, is all our regular right wing posters still here. Is anyone missing. Who hasn't posted in a few days.

Really now, first off, who thinks this guy stole all the guns he has in his bunker. Or perish the thought that he actually owns his guns legally. He has been known to kill animals in his front yard for fun, and hoards guns, ammo and other things in a bunker to hide from the Gubment. He sounds just like the kind of person I said we need to know has an arsenal at home.

I just hope the child gets out alive and with as little emotional trauma as possible.
Nice personal attack there 62pilot.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:43 AM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
From 62's post, "He has been known to kill animals in his front yard " Well, so have I. I have enough land that I can hunt in my front yard. I sure hope I'm not what you consider a bad person.
56S is offline Find More Posts by 56S
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:00 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
Yea I was kinda thinking the same thing ,....watch out if you are a single guy,living alone ,own guns and vintage vehicles, have been known to shoot varmints on your own rural,remote property and are suspicious of the gov't ...besides being labeled a redneck you just might be a subversive ,prone to sudden, violent behavior...
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:08 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post

Your first comment voids the rest of your post. It was rude at best. It's sad to think you believe some of the people on here could murder someone and take a kid hostage. Pretty pathetic on your part. I might not agree with some people's views on here but I would never insinuate such garbage.

On the otherhand I applaud brokenwings for bringing up a relevant story and leaving politics out of the equation. It seems every thread here has to fall into political camps.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:55 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S View Post
From 62's post, "He has been known to kill animals in his front yard " Well, so have I. I have enough land that I can hunt in my front yard. I sure hope I'm not what you consider a bad person.
From the news on this event:

Quote:
The gunman, identified by neighbors as Jimmy Lee Dykes, a 65-year-old retired truck driver, was known as a menacing figure who once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, threatened to shoot children for setting foot on his property and patrolled his yard at night with a flashlight and a shotgun...

Another neighbor, Ronda Wilbur, said Dykes beat her 120-pound dog with a lead pipe for coming onto his side of the dirt road. The dog died a week later.

"He said his only regret was he didn't beat him to death all the way," Wilbur said. She called animal control, who came out and talked to Dykes, but nothing else happened. "If a man can kill a dog, and beat it with a lead pipe and brag about it, it's nothing until it's going to be people."
--Bill
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:11 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Quote:
Not necessarily. The shooter "held anti-government views, as described by multiple neighbors: "He's against the government — starting with Obama on down." and HF held similar anti-government views— starting with Obama, on down. That probably reminded '62 that HF hasn't been seen here since the General Election, having become disgruntled, cashing in his chips and retiring.

Now if he said "HF's gone, haven't seen him in awhile, did he move to Alabama?", that might be construed as a PA. But not even close.

--Bill
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:13 AM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Well obviously we need to ban lead pipes.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:15 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
Diversion, diversion, diversion, obviously.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:20 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,249 Posts
I hope the authorities can solve this matter without the child being harmed..(any more)...
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:35 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
Not necessarily. The shooter "held anti-government views, as described by multiple neighbors: "He's against the government — starting with Obama on down." and HF held similar anti-government views— starting with Obama, on down. That probably reminded '62 that HF hasn't been seen here since the General Election, having become disgruntled, cashing in his chips and retiring.

Now if he said "HF's gone, haven't seen him in awhile, did he move to Alabama?", that might be construed as a PA. But not even close.

--Bill
Well my comment stems more from a "group attack" posture in that the comment seemed to suggest that anyone that was a loner etc etc etc, not specific to HF but any "right winger" who hadn't posted recently...
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:40 AM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S View Post
Yea, but they said on the news, he done it for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz View Post
Yea I was kinda thinking the same thing ,....watch out if you are a single guy,living alone ,own guns and vintage vehicles, have been known to shoot varmints on your own rural,remote property and are suspicious of the gov't ...besides being labeled a redneck you just might be a subversive ,prone to sudden, violent behavior...
Try being seen by neighbors beating dogs with a pipe untill dead. Most all serial killers can be linked to such behavior.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz View Post
Well my comment stems more from a "group attack" posture in that the comment seemed to suggest that anyone that was a loner etc etc etc, not specific to HF but any "right winger" who hadn't posted recently...
No less than I've seen from others posting about Left leaning users.

I guess more " Do as we say, not as we do" Ideations.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Last edited by 62pilot; Feb 02, 2013 at 09:47 AM.
Closed Thread