HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2014, 08:47 AM
Never let it down
France, RA, Lyon
Joined Oct 2013
241 Posts
woow ... Nothing wrong between the RX and servos ?
Pachapapa is offline Find More Posts by Pachapapa
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2014, 09:26 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,927 Posts
Better check you TX. At first I would say RX but you changed that. Maybe you are on wrong model on TX ? Or something got changed. Anybody mess with your gear ?
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:39 PM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,159 Posts
No nobody messed with anything. I am going to go back in tonight and start from scratch as though a new model. I use the Tx for all my flying(Devo 10 w/stock f/w). It has me so baffled I have to think about it all day and clear my brain and start fresh. I think in the end it will be something I did or didn't do. It was set up well before so I can get it right. The tilting servo is my concern. What is going on there?
jack herr is online now Find More Posts by jack herr
Old Aug 22, 2014, 01:15 PM
Never let it down
France, RA, Lyon
Joined Oct 2013
241 Posts
I understand how that can spin a brain
If I find something ... perhaps have a look to IntegrityHndywrk's blog here. A lot of informations (mechanical, electronics, servos ....) on WK birds like 4f200 and v200, they are quite similar with mcp. Who knows
Pachapapa is offline Find More Posts by Pachapapa
Old Aug 22, 2014, 09:03 PM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
well, I went ahead and sprang for the 3800kv BL kit from banggood. Just found the the ikon gyro though so I think this will be my only upgrade for the mcp...aside from the metal gear servos.

I figure I won't be near as afraid of crashing a 450 if I can get a gyro with self levelling. Now I've got to start figuring out which kit would be best for me. Wish me luck!
mcmoyer is online now Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:41 PM
Joined Jul 2007
29 Posts
2 quick questions again. 1) is there a thread that explains the functions of the Devo 7 in better, plain english, I'm having a hard time understanding the translated manual that comes with the radio. 2) when I select 90ºswashplate in the Tx, the L/R servo will move by itself (which is what I want), but when I move the F/R servo the L/R moves also, likes its still in ccpm mode. This is NOT a stock configuration that I'm playing with here so please don't explain to me how that is normal. I need the L/R servo to move by itself and the F/R servo to move by itself. I'm using the stock MCP Rx, I forget what number it is.

Thanks in advance.
ChargedDust is offline Find More Posts by ChargedDust
Old Aug 23, 2014, 02:14 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack herr View Post
I am at a loss. After a hard crash a while ago I had some strange servo action. The pitch and aileron servos sit and twitch, big twitches not the normal little searching twitches. After a few seconds the swash gets tilted way up on the left side as that servo arms seems to creep higher. Someone here I cant remember who suggested replacing the servos which I did to no help. This morning I leveled the swash and then went to check blade tracking and 0 pitch at 50%. One blade ha way more travel than the other. I tried adjusting whatever I thought would help but one blade almost hits the tail boom the other is 3/4" above it. I can set the blades even at mid stick but then when moving the swash up and down the blades don't move the same at all. One moves down much furtherer then the other. After a little while I noticed the swash is tipped way over again and the large jerky swash spasms are back. I have even gone to the step of switching the Rx from another mcp and it acts the same. What is going on and what do I need to do to set things right and get this heli back in the air.
I should add that before the crash I had this heli set up really well. Now I can't get anything to act the way it should.
Do you have PIT and AIL servos switched?
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:37 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,927 Posts
I would check order of sevos to Rx. You said this happened after a bad crash, so sounds like something isn't right. If its not settings on TX, then something afoot
RX/Servos. Did you reverse wire something ?

Awhile back before even could fly a FBL F/P tried V400. To my surpirse I had it flying but over reacted and minor crash. Anyway stripped couple servos and broke fragile body mounts. Marked servos but let bird sit for 6 months. Anyway I had couple servos wrong to RX and had similar issue that you have. Put servos back in right order and presto -matis it works fine. Good luck and hope you find problem.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 02:15 PM
Eternal beginner
France, Alsace, Strasbourg
Joined Jun 2012
635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack herr View Post
I am at a loss. After a hard crash a while ago I had some strange servo action.
I should add that before the crash I had this heli set up really well. Now I can't get anything to act the way it should.
Jack did you allready try to set the gyro gain at less than 50% on the Tx, this will desactivate the gyros in the Rx.
So you can at least see if there is something wrong with the gyros or not...

Roland

P.S. Don't forget to set the gyro gain to more than 50% before flying again !
Rollmops67 is offline Find More Posts by Rollmops67
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:36 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,927 Posts
Today I am going to work on few birds and do some fine tuning.. They fly fine but just a little here and there to make them even better. i replaced tail motor in T-Rx 100X/ Serviced and adjust Mcp-x/ Replaced and rebuilt servo for Genius c/p/ Changed motor on spare Mini c/p.
My spare Master #3 has wrong tail bearing/ plus spacer on feathering shaft not right. Get a used bird never know what you will find. V400D02 is rebuilt and has been for long time. Just have not been inpired to add extra supports to fragile body mounts. I expect to have much better luck as this time I can fly a c/p.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 05:58 PM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
210 Posts
Hear you...getting ready to drop in Doc s mailbox parts he needs for 120 except long tail link rod...that and the broken part on the 250 I have ordered at Helipal, because package will get here in four days...then solder tail motor of V100D01 so 250 will be only one in sickbay...Doc is at the beach skiing behind his kite...but when it gets cooler outside before mosquitoes hour...i am going to fly my 120....looks good with the deep pinkish blades...cheers...
ChespiIker is offline Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:11 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,927 Posts
V100D01 was given to me by local flyer. It had broken tail boom. at that time was pretty new to helis but did replace boom and solder wires to motor. This was my first time ever working on such tiny wires. It did work and after short time broke another boom. If it ever breaks agin I'll run wires on outside and use solid boom. Next heli was V911 I ran into metal heater and bent tail motor shaft. Those wires are thiner than V100.
Now I extend tail fin using silicone fuel tubing split and bind to tail fin. Keeps blade out of harms reach and acts like shock absorber to boom. V120D02s big help, Masters also and even V450D01 V2.
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Received my brushless kit from Banggood today. It's a really easy install. I took more time removing the deans connector and soldering on the XT60 than anything else....although trying to route all the wires ran a close second. Original canopy doesn't fit currently. Might drill some holes a couple of mm back to accomodate. Now I'm just wishing it wasn't dark outside so I could try it out!
mcmoyer is online now Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Today, 12:33 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,261 Posts
Nice comparison photos.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40