HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:18 AM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Help!
Software scheduler program question.

I have a need for a software program that will help my department keep track of task due dates and task completion dates. A program that will send out an email warning if a task isn't done on time and will allow the person doing the work to at least acknowledge that the task was in fact done that day.

Since only a few of my people have laptops this program might best run on something like an Ipad or other smaller notebook type computer.

What I envision is: Man A logs in and gets a list of 5 things to do that day. As he does them or at the end of the day he checks each of these 5 items off his list. No email to the boss needs to be sent and a 28 day cycle is reset. One of these work items may be on an 84 day cycle or a 364 day cycle and a reminder is sent for those items when they are due.

We have monthly, quarterly and annual federally mandated tests we must do and if set up on a 28 day schedule we always have a 2 day grace period between our standards and the Feds.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Dan
56S is online now Find More Posts by 56S
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:57 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/

This one might do, but research closely to verify that it meets all your requirements.

And if it doesn't, I believe that this company will customize the program to do what you want... at a price.
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:24 PM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/

This one might do, but research closely to verify that it meets all your requirements.

And if it doesn't, I believe that this company will customize the program to do what you want... at a price.
Impressive. I wish I had a clue what I was reading I think it best to contact them with my needs and see if that works with them.

Thanks, HF.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:58 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,860 Posts
Have you looked at MS Outlook?

It contains a "Task" feature, alerts, and reminders. If you need some thing simple / basic, this might be a good option.
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:05 AM
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
I have Outlook on my work 'puter. Been fiddling with it and can't find a reasonably easy way to do what I want. Outlook is like a Swiss Army knife. It does many, many things but doesn't really shine in any one of them.