HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2014, 10:04 PM
Joined Aug 2011
58 Posts
I'll give it a try this coming weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmith View Post
I have two Dara's and a number of other E-F1's. All of them fly better with right thrust and right rudder trim. I put about 0.040" (two 4-40 washers) behind the motor X-mount to put in right thrust. I all add about 1/16" right rudder trim. they fly great. Enter and exit the pylon 1 turn just fine. I would take out the right wing weight, add in the above trim, then try it again before adding any right wing weight.

Randy
REA2 is offline Find More Posts by REA2
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2014, 06:56 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by REA2 View Post
I'll give it a try this coming weekend.
What is the point of right wing weight?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old May 05, 2014, 11:42 AM
Wandering IT geek
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Aug 2005
3,947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacketsRC View Post
What is the point of right wing weight?
This might help:

http://www.jphracing.com/Red_s_EF1_S...and_Theory.cfm

Short version - Red says it helps get the lateral weight balance right.
ronin4740 is offline Find More Posts by ronin4740
Old May 11, 2014, 10:38 AM
Cagary Alberta Canada
Joined Nov 2004
118 Posts
Initial flights on Miss Dara

I put three flights on a new Miss Dara before the rain became too serious to fly. This was the first I have flown a Dara. I really liked it. Takeoffs and landings seemed easy so either it's more docile than other EF1s or the accumulation of experience seems to make it seem easier.

I'm glad I have another kit waiting for me at friends in Montana. Strangly, one kit shipped to Canada, the other was too much oversize.

I always seem to measure slightly over 50 amps at full throttle. Is there a way of getting up to 60 amps. Altitude here is 3500 feet.

Charles
micronracer is offline Find More Posts by micronracer
Old May 11, 2014, 04:19 PM
3D wing innovator
Dallas, Texas
Joined Dec 2009
2,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micronracer View Post
I put three flights on a new Miss Dara before the rain became too serious to fly. This was the first I have flown a Dara. I really liked it. Takeoffs and landings seemed easy so either it's more docile than other EF1s or the accumulation of experience seems to make it seem easier.

I'm glad I have another kit waiting for me at friends in Montana. Strangly, one kit shipped to Canada, the other was too much oversize.

I always seem to measure slightly over 50 amps at full throttle. Is there a way of getting up to 60 amps. Altitude here is 3500 feet.

Charles

Run high timing, and/or try new battery.
MikeRx is offline Find More Posts by MikeRx
Old Jul 27, 2014, 01:22 AM
Racing Enthusiast AMA 3557
United States, MO, Sedalia
Joined Sep 2011
675 Posts
OK Guys, I attended the Nats at Muncie, and there were a lot of NP Miss Daras in the field. Some did very well.
JetMech2002 is offline Find More Posts by JetMech2002
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 27, 2014, 07:57 AM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined May 2002
555 Posts
Yup. Say what you will about Nitroplanes.com customer service. The plane is an excellent design and flies very well. With the correct CF tube spar it's great. I have several of them and really like the way they fly. They are very competitive.

Randy
Rsmith is offline Find More Posts by Rsmith
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:24 AM
Canada, ON, Paris
Joined Mar 2007
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmith View Post
Yup. Say what you will about Nitroplanes.com customer service. The plane is an excellent design and flies very well. With the correct CF tube spar it's great. I have several of them and really like the way they fly. They are very competitive.

Randy
Agreed. I modified the nitro Planes ARF for my dad as a birthday present. And on the second flight it was grooving... no drift. needless to say he was real happy.
the idea was to make the new Dara look like the one he had back in the 70's.
I also have an ARF in a box that I am hangin onto for the future (I will tare the covering off that one to
cpaine is offline Find More Posts by cpaine