HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:43 PM
Joined Aug 2012
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
Any updates on the WL Toys 6ch. heli? Have not been on here for a little bit, so hello everyone, hope everyone has had a great time flying lately

I lost my tail heat-sink so I made a few more out of the lot of heat-sinks I purchased. I made one for the BNF main motor (got a purchased one on the RTF already), made 2 actually cause I cut it in half. And a couple tail heat-sinks. Flew 5 batteries back to back with no issues on one heli. I made one with 3 fins on the tail and the other with 4. Made both from the same heat-sink, could get 3-4 tail-motor heat-sinks out of one heat-sink.

Here they are:
sounds like a good idea what sinks did ya buy can ya hook a brother up with a link? Gotta say love these helis!!
firstadam2k is offline Find More Posts by firstadam2k
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtodust2000 View Post
With the 9x I turn it on with bind button pressed, after i flip on the switch i let go of bind button, Then I plug in bat to v911, after it initializes, then i flip the power switch off and on again on 9x, and it is bound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
With the Yellow or the White, Yes!
You will have the same with the v939 quad. Call it "bug" or "security feature"
Well, I received my V929 and it binds without a problem, for the Y911 now I'm using your process without a problem. Not as problematic as what I was doing. By the way, In my order with BG, one Y911 was missing and they responded quickly to solve the issue.
jfdpl686 is offline Find More Posts by jfdpl686
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Sep 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtodust2000 View Post
Next time you can save a little money
http://www.myrcmart.com/ne402320013a...et-p-3965.html
Ya, I saw that but its from China right? Id rather not wait a month and a half hehe. I'll probably buy one from there as a backup. Thanks for the link.
Curtisbeef is online now Find More Posts by Curtisbeef
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:30 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,791 Posts
MyRCmart is based in Hong Kong.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:31 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbeef View Post
Hi guys I have a few questions.

Just recently my main motor decided to stop working every now and then.... I can get it to work again by moving the spur gear a few teeth.(I can usually do it by just using the cyclic).... Seems like the brushes in the motor might be messed up or something along those lines... Anyone else ever have a problem like this?
Try a small drop of oil (I use sewing machine oil) on the shaft placing the heli upside down. Could also be the gear. May look fine with your eyes but a closer look may reveal a problem with the teeth.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:49 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
Is this real 4-blades?

I improved upper head again and again today.
I connected the bell lever of upper blade to swash-plate.
Upper and Lower blades be controlled by swash-plate.
Is this real 4-blades?

see my pages
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...12&postcount=7
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post22908912
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:06 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohad2 View Post
I used these settings:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1686230
Are those settings good? (there's a little chance that I made a mistake while copying them)
If not, could you give me please good settings for flying the v911 with the 9x mode 2.
(Sorry for bad English)
I'd ignore the PRO<123> part for now.
You must put E. POINT (THR) 120% // 120%, if you put 100% // 100% you have throttle signal with the stick in the lower position.
ercapoccia is offline Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:50 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbeef
Hi guys I have a few questions.

Just recently my main motor decided to stop working every now and then.... I can get it to work again by moving the spur gear a few teeth.(I can usually do it by just using the cyclic).... Seems like the brushes in the motor might be messed up or something along those lines... Anyone else ever have a problem like this?
Try a small drop of oil (I use sewing machine oil) on the shaft placing the heli upside down. Could also be the gear. May look fine with your eyes but a closer look may reveal a problem with the teeth.
I'd be careful with this advice. In my case I'm pretty sure it was the oil that messed up the motor in the first place. Same symptoms and it got worse over time until the main motor had almost no power at all.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:20 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
It works both ways. It has helped some and hurt others. Their's is already messed up.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:32 AM
Joined Nov 2010
6 Posts
I just received my heli 2 days ago, and a the beggining it hovered pretty well,
then yesterday it had a medium crush, and since that crush I've been feeling that the heli began to fly very unstable. Now I have mechanically trimmed the heli but it still flies very unstable, and I'm not sure whether it's normal, but its turns are too much sharp and quick, and it seems that it even swings during the flight. I think it makes circles.
Although it doesn't fly so good, I inspected the heli and all the balls are in their place.
What should I do? Can you think about any cause for my heli behaviour?
Would you invest time on repairing it or it's lost?
ohad2 is offline Find More Posts by ohad2
Last edited by ohad2; Oct 04, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:13 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Just met HuskySpade and he brought over his new version V911. The new version battery uses the E-Flight Ultra Micro plug (verified with a charging adapter I bought from Hobbyking). Hummm... larger then the MSRX plug which uses the pico plug. Is there a 150-160mah batt that uses the larger micro plug?

HuskySpade, You might want to rethink what I told you - this might not be as easy as I though. The MCPX uses this connector but the battery is much larger then what you have. You can get a msr battery that would work but I believe it uses a pico size connector. Nice meeting you by the way!
MakDaddy, it was nice meeting you too! Thanks so much for the Tx. That made my day! I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning the heli, waiting for a refund, then ordering another heli and waiting for it to be shipped. I wanna fly this thing, and you made it possible.

After doing some more research on batteries, I couldn't find anything else that would fit the new V911 except the new V911 batteries. I also couldn't find the new style battery anywhere else except for TMart. I checked Amazon, eBay, and a couple other hobby sites and couldn't find the new style on any of them.

So this morning, I decided to order four of the new style batteries from TMart, considering they were the only place I could find them. Unfortunately, supply is limited, and they're only at the overseas warehouse. So not only do I have to wait 6-9 days for them to leave the warehouse, I have to wait 2-3 weeks after that for them to be shipped to my doorstep from China. I decided to pay for the tracking number, so I could at least follow their progress.

Hopefully, in due time, the availability for the new V911 power system (batteries, skids, etc.) will make their way to US warehouses and distributors. To make it easier for guys like me to get replacements if need be.

I was hoping to buy a BNF V911 to have a second one, but now I'm concerned that it won't have the new power system. So it looks like if I want another one, I'd be better off buying the full kit again, from the same distributor to assure that I receive another helicopter with the new power system.
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:25 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskySpade View Post
After doing some more research on batteries, I couldn't find anything else that would fit the new V911 except the new V911 batteries. I also couldn't find the new style battery anywhere else except for TMart. I checked Amazon, eBay, and a couple other hobby sites and couldn't find the new style on any of them.

I was hoping to buy a BNF V911 to have a second one, but now I'm concerned that it won't have the new power system. So it looks like if I want another one, I'd be better off buying the full kit again, from the same distributor to assure that I receive another helicopter with the new power system.
Do you consider yourself "solder literate"? (I ask this, because as far as I am concerned, I am NOT ... ...) Because if I look at the pictures, this looks like the plug that a gazillion batteries from myriads of manufacturers have - who supply stuff for HH's mSR,mSRX,nanoCP,all the UM planes, the 9958 ... and probably dozens of other clones ...
So ... of course, this is only if you can solder to wires together (which, AGAIN, would be too much for me) ... solder a lead on the remainder of the wires on the board, get a SP260 skid and all is fine ...

... Guuuuuuuys ... please dont make me buy this one hoping to get a new one, only so that I can put the mod on my blog ... ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:27 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
418 Posts
Floats!

I picked up some EPP foam cling darts at Dollar Tree, yesterday. I removed the sticky nose and the vanes, and I trimmed the ends to look more like floats. They're held on with tape.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:29 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
I picked up some EPP foam cling darts at Dollar Tree, yesterday. I removed the sticky nose and the vanes, and I trimmed the ends to look more like floats. They're held on with tape.

Rick
Aaaand?? Does it float??
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:42 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
418 Posts
Unfortunately, I can't tell you how it flies or floats with the floats. I was getting ready to take my BRAND NEW yellow one outside to fly it for the first time. I was putting the stuff back in the box after the photos when I realized that the floats had to be removed to safely transport the heli in the box, so I turned around to get the tape off the shelf. I hit the chair the box was sitting on with the back of my wheelchair, and knocked the chair over. My BRAND NEW heli now has the frame broken off where the tail boom mounts.

So, in two days I have ruined two helis.

I had fun for a week. I do fine flying, and I've only had one rough landing and one bump into a telephone wire, yet both of my helis are dead. I'm not sure if the fun of flying these is worth all the stress when they die such an early death.

Thanks for letting me cry on your shoulder,
Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon