SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 26, 2014, 08:10 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Good to hear they came to the party, but I'd rather have a battery that didn't catch fire in the first place...
same here even though I use them
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2014, 02:23 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Flyer View Post
.........then discharge each separately to 3.8v/cell thru iCharger and external 2 ohm resistor (5-6a). Maybe repeat it all once more for good measure? Maybe record how much juice flows out and how long it takes to get to 3.8v?

Anything else I should do to get the most out of LiPos?

I always store between 3.8-3.9v/cell if I'm not going to use within a couple of days. I never charge them at more than 1.3C but I also don't bother to refrigerate them in storage.
Since you have the resistor, it sounds like you are already ahead of the average lipo user. Apart from keeping the packs as cool as possible, I think you are in great shape.

I have been using auto head lights, but the resistor makes better sense. I have been using a GE set that I have had for years, but I recently had to replace one, with a Sylvania, and they are just junk, they burn out fast (my headlights are series wired for 24 volts, so why the burn outs? Who knows, they are fan cooled too! I have been pricing power resistors out, and I am looking at 2 ohms at around 500 to 1000W. If anyone knows of a close-out or sale on the big power resistors (1 or 2 ohms - even 4 ohms, they can be put in parallel, etc., etc,.) please let me know!

Nick
nioa is offline Find More Posts by nioa
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VQ Models T-34 Mentor 61.4"...
Old Jul 22, 2014, 11:28 AM
Batteries
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central
Joined Aug 2011
94 Posts
HAIYIN US WH Stock

Just wanted to mention that most of our fast moving HAIYIN packs have been re-stocked in US WH
Thanks for all your support
Best regards
Eric
HAIYIN is offline Find More Posts by HAIYIN
Old Jul 22, 2014, 06:56 PM
Lee's Summit, MO USA
Joined Jan 2001
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioa View Post
Since you have the resistor, it sounds like you are already ahead of the average lipo user. Apart from keeping the packs as cool as possible, I think you are in great shape.

I have been using auto head lights, but the resistor makes better sense. I have been using a GE set that I have had for years, but I recently had to replace one, with a Sylvania, and they are just junk, they burn out fast (my headlights are series wired for 24 volts, so why the burn outs? Who knows, they are fan cooled too! I have been pricing power resistors out, and I am looking at 2 ohms at around 500 to 1000W. If anyone knows of a close-out or sale on the big power resistors (1 or 2 ohms - even 4 ohms, they can be put in parallel, etc., etc,.) please let me know!

Nick
Have you considered using an old toaster? You may have to put elements in parallel but should work. Your buddies may wonder about you but throw in a couple of pop tarts and all is good 😜
KC Flyer is offline Find More Posts by KC Flyer
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:29 PM
More Motors, More Fun... :-)
Phoenix, AZ
Joined Jan 2008
685 Posts
Lol !
nioa is offline Find More Posts by nioa
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VQ Models T-34 Mentor 61.4"...