New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 19, 2016, 09:37 AM
Find More Posts by Microbaba
United Kingdom, England, Liverpool
Joined Mar 2009
1,699 Posts
Discussion
Help setting up M120D01 to Devo 7

Hey everyone. Just got a used M120D01 second hand with the upgraded motor. (but I'm a newbie). I also ordered a Devo 7. I have just finally managed to fix the model to fixed ID.

Now usually the clutz that I am, I would just go into my garden and smash the heli into my face or something, but this time I aim to go cautiously. Lol. So I wanted to ask, does anyone know what type of swash-settings I should choose? On google someones said that it is "no 1 normal mode" swash setting for the old WK walkera TX, I just wondered would that be the same for the Devo 7?

I am a newbie so any advice would be appreciated. I have flown CPs before but they are "toy", level, I have never flown 3D but do have all of the experience of normal FP flying, but this type of heli is new to me, and so before flying it, it would be nice to know any set up details I need to obey, before flying this thing.
Microbaba is offline Find More Posts by Microbaba
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2016, 06:44 AM
Find More Posts by weedan
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
487 Posts
Unless the reciever has been upgraded to a devo you wont be able to fly it with the devo 7. The original reciever was for the Older walkera protocol. If you can find a RX2636H-D reciever it will work great with the Devo 7. The M120 is not a 3D bird and does not crash well. Main rotor shaft bends way to easily. But that said, it is still my favorite sports flyer. Its weight, with carbon fiber main blades makes it very stable. Getting hard to find parts, so if you cant find a tx/reciever for it let me know if you want to sell it
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Old Feb 20, 2016, 07:14 AM
Joined Apr 2011
487 Posts
Set up for the M120 is the same as the V120 series. Swash type is normal/ 1sero
Device output
Gear. (Gear Sw). Function (active)
Aux2. (Fmod sw). Function (gyro)
Aux 3. (Rudder D/R) Function (active)
All switches normal
Elevator 80% up and down
Aiieron 80% up and down
Throttle 100%
Rudder 100%
Gyro sensor. (Manual) channel (Aux2 ) Switch (mix switch) position 0 (72%) position 1 (50%)

Dont know if this is right for the 7 as all my devo stuff is deviated. Make sure you check the elev/ailer ext on the reciever, if its set to high the servos travel will jam against the swash lock
Old Feb 20, 2016, 07:17 AM
Joined Apr 2011
487 Posts
The forum
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hlight=m120d01