Old Feb 04, 2016, 06:32 PM
Find More Posts by the pope
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2007
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Forgive me Pontiff if it is a sin.
Its OK my son , everything in this life is a sin . That's why we get such a good turn out on Sundaysj ! . cheers
the pope is offline Find More Posts by the pope
Old Feb 04, 2016, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by iadamz
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
700 Posts
Lol. Yes. Make sure to bring money.
iadamz is offline Find More Posts by iadamz
Old Feb 04, 2016, 10:32 PM
Find More Posts by lucas45
Canada, BC
Joined Sep 2007
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the pope View Post
Its OK my son , everything in this life is a sin . That's why we get such a good turn out on Sundaysj ! . cheers
Yes we all looking up into the sky asking ourselves which angle is mine!
lucas45 is offline Find More Posts by lucas45
Old Feb 04, 2016, 10:52 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2007
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iadamz View Post
Lol. Yes. Make sure to bring money.
No need for money . bank transfer , paypal will do just fine . Money is so yesterday . Cheers
Old Feb 04, 2016, 11:02 PM
Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
6,968 Posts
Being the Pope means no need for a wallet.
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Feb 04, 2016, 11:18 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2007
1,044 Posts
Wanna bet ! The pope's a taker not a giver ! Cheers
Old Feb 06, 2016, 05:47 PM
Find More Posts by cirrus_uk
United Kingdom, London
Joined Mar 2012
226 Posts
Hi - would appreciate some advice here.

Had Aurora A9 with 2 Optima 6 lite RX for several years and have worked flawlessly with my electric models (3 cell lipo connected via SPC).

Just given transmitter and receiver to my relative who flys only IC. He has a 2 meter glider which has 3 channels. Uses 3 micro servos (2 X HS81 and 1 X HS82MG). He uses a 4 cell AAA NiMH pack (no room for anything larger).

We didnt use SPC port but connected his battery to the RX battery channel, bound the transmitter to the optima 6 lite in normal mode. Red light on TX and red light on RX module. All good and RX voltage reported as 5.8V. Spent some time setting the servo throws and subtrims. After around 15 mins of playing the transmitter module started beeping and the module showed both the RED light and BLUE light on all the time. RX module still showed a red light. Still had control. Turning off the power to RX module stopped the beeping but the RED and BLUE lights were still on the Spectra module.

After doing some research it looks like this is the Spectra module reporting low voltage. The module is supposed to auto detect a 4 cell pack is use for RX module and set limit to 4.5 V yet the module alarm was going off at 5.5v (we did not have an alarm set for the transmitter).

I used the HPP-22 progammer and set a custom voltage for the SPECTRA module to be 4.5V.
Everything now seems OK and no more module beeps and RED + BLUE lights.

I've obviously never had this issue using 11v LIPO packs with my electric set up. But moving to IC and the smaller 4 cell AAA receiver pack it was getting autodetected as 5 cell and a 5.5v cut off rather than 4 cell and 4.5v cut off.

So am I right in my assessment? Have I done the correct thing in manually setting the module cut off to 4.5V? Is this too low or OK? Is it correct that the module will show RED and BLUE led's and a beeping sound when low voltage detected and lights stay on even after disconnecting power to receiver? Is the beeping and light change indeed due to low voltage?

thanks
cirrus_uk is online now Find More Posts by cirrus_uk
Last edited by cirrus_uk; Feb 06, 2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by Xpress..
Team Hitec, Customer Support
United States, CA, Poway
Joined Oct 2007
22,660 Posts
You were seeing the module warning you about low voltage, re-programming it with the HPP-22 should have solved it. It is supposed to automatically detect rx pack voltage but it's possible it maybe mis-set it to the 6.0v/5 cell pack voltage. If you manually set the voltage warning with the HPP-22 it will not auto detect.
Xpress.. is online now Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM
Find More Posts by Bigster
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
6,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
The Spectra 2.4 modules are identical between the A9 and Optic 6 so they will interchange. It's not so scary back there, the switches are simple to work with. All you need to do is remove the switch nut, pop the switch out (it may have a bit of glue on it to help keep it in place), transfer the brass shim to the new switch, solder the leads in place, and re-assemble. Takes all of ~5-10 minutes to do.
Thanks again for the encouragement and offering the switch - it was a simple fix!
Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Find More Posts by cirrus_uk
United Kingdom, London
Joined Mar 2012
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress.. View Post
You were seeing the module warning you about low voltage, re-programming it with the HPP-22 should have solved it. It is supposed to automatically detect rx pack voltage but it's possible it maybe mis-set it to the 6.0v/5 cell pack voltage. If you manually set the voltage warning with the HPP-22 it will not auto detect.

thanks - yes looks like I've sorted it. Fingers crossed for his maiden with it.
cirrus_uk is online now Find More Posts by cirrus_uk