Old Sep 12, 2015, 08:50 PM
Find More Posts by shschon
United States, CA, SF
Joined Aug 2004
2,415 Posts
New Product
Micro RTF VTOL "Fury Jump Jet"

http://www.airhogs.com/site/product/fury-jump-jet

Saw on shelves at Target, Walmart, ...etc. Anyone tried it yet?
Air Hogs Fury Jump Jet Full Review, RC Plane and Helicopter Combo (7 min 33 sec)
shschon is offline Find More Posts by shschon
Last edited by shschon; Sep 12, 2015 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Add video
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:46 PM
Find More Posts by dll932
Really?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
345 Posts
Saw it, looked interesting. Didn't buy it, sorry.
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Sep 13, 2015, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Joined Apr 2006
5,588 Posts
It's an older design revamped [maybe]; definitely re-named

Air Hogs Osprey Full Tilt Review-transforms from a heli to an airplane and back (6 min 57 sec)

rc vtol silverlit airhogs plane helicopter osprey tilt jet impression test review (1 min 25 sec)
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:25 PM
Find More Posts by bluemeane
Joined Apr 2007
2,105 Posts
The new one uses flaps, or ailerons or something in the TE of the wings from control however. Some different tech here for sure.
bluemeane is offline Find More Posts by bluemeane
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:15 AM
Find More Posts by theimacman
Flyin' Ryan
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined May 2012
3,803 Posts
Here is my review:

Air Hogs - Fury Jump Jet (VTOL) - Review and Flight (10 min 9 sec)
theimacman is offline Find More Posts by theimacman
Old Dec 11, 2015, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,948 Posts
So when I saw this here I went to the local WaliMArt and saw one there so I jumped in to try one out. Right out of the box it was "INTERESTING" to fly it did take off vertically and then transitioned very nicely to horizontal flight. I then transitioned back to vertical mode no issue at all but when bringing it down it was wobbly and almost out of control. I got better in controlling the decent with the throttle and finally got it down right without crashing it hard. Difficult but manageable. I think it needs to be "TRICKED OUT" a bit to tune it so it will fly better. Any ideas on how to improve on it? I know a friend of mine who I call "Mr. Airhog" as he takes these and really fixes them up and they fly really well. Even the IR ones. I only get to see him when he is at some of the indoor fly ins. I would love to introduce him to this one. I have given him a few of my Airhogs planes so he can work his magic and when he brings them they fly great. I gave him the EDF A-10 that I had and he made it fly really well so I let him keep it. So as I said is there any ideas in how to improve on this . I like it and see some potential in it with the flip wing concept.
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old Dec 11, 2015, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Joined Apr 2006
5,588 Posts
After watching videos of this in flight, my experienced suggestion is to twist in copious amounts of washout ONLY in the outer wing panels, maybe 7, which should make it more efficient and faster-fwd in both modes (i.e., going from snail to turtle-pace).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washout_%28aeronautics%29
Use a hairdrier and tape on paper to shield everything (incl. rotor/props) but the outer wing from the heat, starting just outboard of the motors. Hold in a bit more twist to allow it to spring back after cooling: check that both tips are equally twisted!

Holding a straightedge under the wing just outboard of the motors, another straightedge similarly under at the tip (parallel from the TOP view!) should have its rear maybe 4 - 5 mm or ~3/8" higher than its front along the wing chord at the tip (the top-view width of the wingtip there).
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee