#10 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM
Find More Posts by alpea 41
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
12,271 Posts
I stopped in to Pegasis this afternoon Horizon Hobby has been busy . There were 2 new Park Zone U Ms a cute little P 47 and a 3 Der that kinda resembled a Sbak I think it was a scale model of a Red Bull racer. Then there were at least a half dozen other new Horizon Hobby offerings I saw.
Pegasis now has twice as many quads or if you prefer "drones". Especially the inexpensive U Ms they are so numerous the counter has become a display shelf.
Pegasis also had a whole roller panel with a display of balsa kits that had there name on them. Probably a dozen different models in plastic bags. The piecies looked die cut and the bags were about 2 ft long. I didnt find out if they were rubber powered free flight or E rc minis. But there was a lot of them.
I got a replacement 2.3 g. servo for my UM Mig 15. I had bought 2 new batteries at AMA Expo only to find a bad servo. If you have a UM Park Zone plane that needs a servo make sure you take in your bad one cuz they make about 6 different styles.
I got an old favorite ready to fly again . A 50 mm edf Screamer . But I modded it for a 55 mm gws fan that I E Bob had given me.
The little F 14 Im going to mod into a sloper as an experiment towards making a large one for the PSS scale slope non event on Memorial Day week end.
The Shumate F14 seems like a good scale sloper cuz you can extend the wings for landing and sweep them for high speed lower drag passess. Also the CG moves forward when you sweep the wings back which would be a plus for faster passess.
Ive never seen a F14 slope glider but my imagination says DO IT. The Tomcat is such a cool looking plane even if the whole project goes to kah kah it will be fun.
alpea 41 is online now Find More Posts by alpea 41
to remove ads between posts