New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2015, 09:25 PM
Find More Posts by TheDonski
Oakridge, Oregon
Joined Jul 2004
716 Posts
Question
Twitching Motor

I have a QAV250 with 2208's and 18amp Kiss Escs. I crashed last week by throwing a prop. When I tried to statup the motors I only get 3 that power up and one that twitches. I checked all of the solder joints on the twitching KISS ESC and motor wires, but nothing looked broken. Is there a way to determine if the KISS ESC or the Lumineer Motor is not bad without desoldering the ESC and motor and checking with another?
TheDonski is offline Find More Posts by TheDonski
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2015, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by Mad Vampy
Joined May 2015
16 Posts
Unless you know the amperage draw and how to read the output of a brushless ESC not really. Only by trying swapping out the motor and if the motor (known good one) does it again then most likely it's the ESC. Have you tried switching the ESC to a different motor out port on the controller to see if it stops?
Mad Vampy is offline Find More Posts by Mad Vampy
Old May 24, 2015, 10:22 PM
Oakridge, Oregon
Joined Jul 2004
716 Posts
That is a great idea to switch the ESC to another port to see if it still responds. Thanks!
Old May 25, 2015, 08:30 AM
Find More Posts by waltr
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
6,092 Posts
You need to try a different motor then a different ESC.

I Highly recommend using a Current Limiter so you do not burn up a motor (has happened to me).
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2327875
waltr is offline Find More Posts by waltr
Old May 25, 2015, 11:24 PM
Oakridge, Oregon
Joined Jul 2004
716 Posts
I looked in more detail at my esc and motor and on my Kiss ESCs the power indicator light (blue) is on when powered up (Good sign). The motor however is not turning as freely as all of the other working motors, so that would be my guess. I will try soldering up a good motor to see if the esc might be the issue or switch escs to see if that does it. I will also switch a lead to see too.

Thanks again!