144 Posts
Not a problem. The other place to go for any of the slofly designs is:

http://www.sdparkflyers.com
gstreaks is offline Find More Posts by gstreaks
Old Nov 05, 2014, 04:04 PM
United States, OH, Ravenna
Joined Nov 2012
319 Posts
Been having a ball with my Superslo 28 and Trojan; thanks tallflyer and sdparkflyers!

My Trojan would hover and knife-edge all day and really looked cool in the air. It had a 1700 "Blue Wonder" motor, 10 Amp ESC, 7 x 6 prop and weighed 5.6 ounces without the battery. I normally used a 500 mAh 3 cell battery that weighs 1.7 ounces.

The plane got way too beat up and I wanted to make another for the Columbus, Ohio indoor fly in this weekend.

The only problem I had with the Trojan was the tail would twist after doing rolls. I'd have to do the same number of left rolls as right rolls to kind of unwind it.

I decided to make a new one with a "+" shaped fuse. I used the electronics from the old Trojan. The fuse seems a little stiffer on the new one. I was surprised though that the weight on the new one came out 5.0 ounces without the battery using the same electronics, that's 0.6 ounces less. The new one does not have a CF spar in the fuse.

I made the EPP P51 cartoon Mustang using the same method and same electronics. It came out to 5.3 ounces without the battery.

Pics below are my old T-28 with micro T-28, new T-28 and new Mustang. These are pretty simple paint jobs, but I wanted to get them done for the weekend. Hopefully I'll have some good news to report when I get back from Columbus!
Squall is offline Find More Posts by Squall
Old Nov 05, 2014, 05:56 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,366 Posts
Thanks for the Nice Prop! I love seeing what others are doing to make these planes fly and look good at the sametime 2014 has been a crazy year more free plans coming in 2015. sometimes life throws you lemon but you turn it into a EPP plane LOL thanks everyone for the support...

Robert"Tallflyer"Viskil
www.sdparkfyers..com

Is anyone going to the AMA show the first of the year?
tallflyer is offline Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Nov 06, 2014, 03:26 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Thank you,Tallflyer.
andyandy is offline Find More Posts by andyandy
Old Nov 06, 2014, 08:09 AM
Joined Nov 2012
319 Posts
Pretty cool looking paint job there andyandy!
Old Nov 07, 2014, 12:46 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall View Post
Pretty cool looking paint job there andyandy!
Thanks.
The depron came pre-painted.I used a black marker
to add on.Cool plane !
andyandy is offline Find More Posts by andyandy
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:39 AM
Joined Nov 2012
319 Posts
Flew the new T28 and cartoon Mustang at the Horizon Hobby indoor flyin in Columbus over the weekend. Both of them really flew well! The fuse didn't twist on either one of them while doing a lot of rolls in the same direction.

Hopefully I can get them flying outside here if the weather holds up. Love flying these things in 10-15 mph winds!