HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2014, 04:57 PM
Joined Jun 2010
80 Posts
Help!
Zenbot 1624 cnc router

Hi all, need some help i recieved my Zenbot 1624 from Shaun very happy i got it with the G540 i am using a Hitachi M12vc, this unit comes with the home switchs installed and work just fine i got the settings from Shaun to install in Mach 3 everything works fine i am having one problem i can not set up the Auto Zero Tool i have downloaded many scripts but can't seem to get the AZT to work, on this unit the DB9 connector is where the Homing switchs are there is an GR.and WHT. wire that is connected to the DB9 that are not connected to anything the white wire is on pin 4 on the DB9 and connects to the #4 on the G540 the green is grounded this is the only problem i am having at this point. I connected the Zero Tool Plate to these white and green wires but no luck

Pat
pjf610 is online now Find More Posts by pjf610
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:38 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,405 Posts
Pat,
I dont have a zenbot, but my auto zero tool is setup where one wire is on the pin going into the control board, and the other is setup with an aligator clip so you clip it onto the cutting bit. What happens is when the cutting bit contacts the zeroing plate, it completes the circuit.

That is just how mine is setup though, and may be different depending in the zero plate used, etc.
invertmast is online now Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Dec 13, 2014, 08:52 AM
Joined Jun 2010
80 Posts
Hi invertmast, thanks for the input but i have tried everything even Shuan the Zenbot builder does not use the AZT so he does not have an answer, now you said you connect one wire to your board my wire is connected to a DB9 connector and is connected to my G540 pin 4 and the other to a ground on the DB9 i use a small banana clip set up to ground the unit but nothing happens when i touch the aligator clip to my plate

Pat
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:24 AM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,405 Posts
Honestly i quit using my AZT after using it two times as its really not at all that useful to me for cutting woods and composites.

Anyways, if you google Gecko540 Auto zero, a whole bunch of links come up with different ways of troubleshooting.
invertmast is online now Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Dec 14, 2014, 08:05 AM
I hate propellors
Australia, SA, Normanville
Joined May 2009
388 Posts
From theory I think I might have a useful suggestion. The AZT works in a similar fashion to the limit switches. When a limit switch is hit it is it connects the wire going to it to earth which stops the machine. AZT on most machines works the same way. The pad is connected to earth. The clip goes on the bit and is connected to the equivalent of the Z axis limit switch. As the bit is lowered it touches the AZT pad and the bit is earthed. this then provides to system with an indication that this is the zero position.

My guess is that your are looking to connect via the Z axis limit switch connection and so looking at where the other limit switches are connected will give you a clue. The system software probably needs to be set to deal with the information from this connection appropriately.

As I say this is all from reading the theory and I could be wrong. I wish I could afford the real thing.
emufingers is offline Find More Posts by emufingers
Old Dec 14, 2014, 04:16 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,443 Posts
No, you don't want it connected to the Z limit, unless you where in a situation of being out of ports. The G540 connection number 4 is correct, as 1 through 4 is often used for limit/home switches. The Port Configuration in Mach 3 is probably the issue. The touch pad function could be determined with a multi meter. The ground connection from the touch pad is usually ok to ground to the G540. The ground should be the wire Y'ed to the alligator clips wire.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Last edited by Roto Rob; Dec 16, 2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 07:19 PM
Joined Jun 2010
80 Posts
why is this such a problem i have bin reading thread after thread and it seems impossible to achive what is the problem with this set up G540 Zenbot 1624 machine UC100 to connect to my LapTop the script two wires from the DB9 connector one to the #4 pin on the G540 I am ready to throw in the TOWEL
Old Dec 15, 2014, 08:36 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,443 Posts
Do you have a meter to test the touch probe.
Your port configuration should look something like this. The pin number might be one of the 5 optional numbers. .Look to see what pin number is not used elsewhere.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Dec 15, 2014, 09:41 PM
Joined Jun 2010
80 Posts
i will check and get back tomorrow

Thanks Pat
Old Dec 16, 2014, 05:18 AM
I hate propellors
Australia, SA, Normanville
Joined May 2009
388 Posts
I checked on your specified Hitachi M12vc router. It appears to be earthed rather than double insulated. In this case the touch plate connects direct to the pin. You can make sure this is right by checking continuity between the chuck and the earth pin on the plug of the router ( when it is not plugged in of course)
emufingers is offline Find More Posts by emufingers
Old Dec 16, 2014, 09:20 PM
Joined Jun 2010
80 Posts
Hi and thanks for all your help, of course it was the simplist fix derrr check the wire connection i can't believe it but i feel like an idiot

Thanks for all your help
Pat