HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2014, 02:39 PM
Compulsive battery charger
Canada, BC, Sooke
Joined Mar 2014
145 Posts
Discussion
Which Mini H Quad?

I've decided my first multirotor will be a mini H configuration. I'm aware of the Blackout Mini H and the Luminier QAV250...the Youtube flight videos make them look like too much fun.

Are there other alternatives I should look into, price wise? Durability will be a big deal I think.
genix is online now Find More Posts by genix
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2014, 02:53 PM
Need more props..........
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2013
1,903 Posts
There are numerous out there and they all have this or that going for them. Big things to decide on is size and weight. Size will determine what size props you can use. Usually 5" or 6". Do you want carbon fiber or is G10 ok? Do you want one with clean/dirty sections or just camera isolation?

Those are the big decisions to make first and will help you guide you decision.
Oso Grande is online now Find More Posts by Oso Grande
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2014, 04:02 PM
Compulsive battery charger
Canada, BC, Sooke
Joined Mar 2014
145 Posts
Hmm....well I don't really know the answers to those questions. I don't know the advantage of the clean/dirty setup. Durability and speed I think are the most important things to me. Not that I'm going to be blasting around with it before I'm ready, but that is what I ultimately want from it.
genix is online now Find More Posts by genix
Old Jul 16, 2014, 04:07 PM
Need more props..........
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2013
1,903 Posts
The best way to find the answers to those questions is keep reading in the forums. This is very much a your milage may vary kinda hobby. What's right for one isn't universal.

If you just want an easy answer. There isn't one. Especially not knowing what your budget is like. And I don't mean "I have $x to spend" These quads aren't really buy once and done kinda things.

If you want a ready made answer that'll get you started. Go with the Blackout Mini-H with his recommended setup. It was the first of its kind and is still top notch.
Oso Grande is online now Find More Posts by Oso Grande
RCG Plus Member