HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2013, 01:17 PM
Joined Nov 2013
4 Posts
Discussion
Lessons learned buying a charger on Ebay.

1) Look carefully at the user rating. A 99% rating seems impressive at first until you realize that the total rating is in the tens of thousands thanks to small items and the seller is pissing off 50-100 customer A MONTH.

2) Assume everything on Ebay is a copy-especially the items selling for 1/2 retail and claiming to have "anti fake" protection. Some copies are better than others and the only way to tell is the previously mentioned user ratings.

3) Shipment from China via HK post is very, very slow. I have ordered cables that have taken a month to arrive, some take two weeks and others don't show up at all. Tracking via HK Post is abysmal and recourse is Zero. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHERE THE ITEM IS STOCKED AND WHAT THE DELIVERY TIME WILL BE.

4) If you get a "lemon" from a China shipper prepare to pay $15+ to ship it back for replacement. Given that these guys sell hundreds of items a day I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on them to ship a replacement.
kgregorync is offline Find More Posts by kgregorync
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2013, 04:19 PM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,377 Posts
What charger did you buy? eBay has a policy against offering counterfeit goods. People who bought counterfeit imax chargers have come to these forums. After uncovering that they purchased a counterfeit when they confronted the seller they were quickly refunded their money to keep them from reporting them to eBay.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Nov 09, 2013, 05:27 PM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,272 Posts
The hush money allows him to screw more people while keeping a great rating.

Solid bussiness ethic.

Just like large american companies. NEVER admitt any wrong doing. Just buy off the complaint.
cyclops2 is offline Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Nov 09, 2013, 06:56 PM
Joined Nov 2013
4 Posts
That is tough to do when the seller is in China. There are literally dozens of sellers selling the old style four button copies. Then again, most chargers are re badges of oem stuff out of china anyway which blurs the line a bit. All seem to use the same firmware. Tenergy sells the B6AC+ for $60, under the Thunder brand they are $5 cheaper and the Imax version is @ $50. They are from the same factory. I have the Imax version and installed their USB PC link thingy with a Tenergy serial and it works like a boss.

The trick is to look at the location listed under the ratings. There are vendors that say shipped from US in the auction, but, are listed as mainland China in the profile.
kgregorync is offline Find More Posts by kgregorync
Old Nov 09, 2013, 07:55 PM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,272 Posts
Just like all the fast food chains buy most meat from the same suppliers ?

Now I want a Texas Longhorn lunch !!

I will never lose this weight.
cyclops2 is offline Find More Posts by cyclops2