HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2012, 01:36 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
ANOTHER great flying day here i n Garner NC, balmey 63 degres ,,,,light breez.......have been practicing my hooovering,,,,,you see hooovering is almost a true hover...8 batts of hooovering and some REAL prop hanging.....this is only my 3d month flying rc planes . two of U hover green machine like it is a 3d foamey. when i saw turnams video i thought QQ was on the sticks un till end of video...thanks for the inspiration gentlemen
Garner, NC... home of Scotty!!

Thanks for the kind words but I do not belong in the same sentence as QQ. That man is truly a living legend and I'm a mere novice in comparison!
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:03 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Garner, NC... home of Scotty!!

Thanks for the kind words but I do not belong in the same sentence as QQ. That man is truly a living legend and I'm a mere novice in comparison!
U R too HUMBLE .......U and honer have MAD skills.......by the way , after flying i stopped by BOJANGLES ,,chicken and SWEET ICE TEA,,,,MMMMMM
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:10 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
So you're liking the HURC a lot?!? I keep going back and forth about putting it on. Guess I need to give it a go.
Working great for me -- of course, I was in a bind having trashed my original motor and not being able to find a replacement, so I have not done analytical side-by-side performance tests, but for 12 bucks versus 50 for the HH replacement when they DO come available, it's a total no-brainer for me!
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 17, 2012, 02:33 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Awesome!! Glad you're enjoying it Count!! I still remember seeing some of your awesome Sbach videos. Your precision aerobatic routines are awesome! I'd love to see what you're doing with the little Green Machine!!

I agree that full max throws aren't great on this plane for precision or sport aerobatics. I have lower rates for when I want to sport fly a bit.

turnerm, I will try my best with the Green Machine Unfortunatelly weather here in Germany is cold and wet, today we had fog the whole day. I think in spring the weather will be good for nice vids with the Edge.
I will try a short vid the next days maybe.
-
Hmmm, I 'm not sure if i should leave the UMX SBach 3D in my fleet - the Edge is the better aerobatic plane (in my opinion)- bad that I bought it recently and sold my old V1 Sbach.
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Dec 17, 2012, 04:38 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
Hey guys just a heads up Horizon Hobby has a nice selection of extra parts in stock and They're cheap! five dollars for a cowl, $20 for wings, seven dollars for a landing gear and wheel pants, five dollars for a hatch.etc..

I stocked up on a few extra things, before there out of stock. I checked their inventory on eBay and it says they only have 3 to 5 of each thing..so if you're thinking you might need some parts? Now would be a good time to grab them!
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:01 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Anyone thought about these as a replacement motor?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_Motor.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ess_Motor.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_1380kv.html
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Last edited by Dannyboy85; Dec 17, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:25 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
Those are a bit too heavy! Target weight is 19-20g those come in around 22- 30g.
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Dec 18, 2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:01 PM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
I gave my motor a little more down thrust by adding a washer in between the firewall and mount on the top screw. I moved the c of g back so it was tail heavy and it flew great, inverted needs no elevator and it flies straight and level at any speed. I've done this with other planes and the results seem to work well for me.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2,141 Posts
I was shopping tod ay for a hands free camcorder,BUT conture and hero3 about 200 to 400$ i know a lot of you have cams to video your flying .any sugestons for cheaper head cams
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:17 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,520 Posts
Quote:
I was shopping tod ay for a hands free camcorder,BUT conture and hero3 about 200 to 400$ i know a lot of you have cams to video your flying .any sugestons for cheaper head cams
the GoPro will be too heavy for this plane.

For this plane I'd look into a keychain cam the 808 #16 V2 is a good one.

I have the GoPro hero 2, that I use on a head mount, to take video of myself flying when my wife isnt available to use the camcorder. works well for that.
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:22 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post

I have the GoPro hero 2, that I use on a head mount, to take video of myself flying when my wife isnt available to use the camcorder. works well for that.
He was asking about a "head cam". But your suggestion of the #16 is good for that too. It's an amazing little camera!
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:26 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
I use a Panasonic TA-1 and a hatcams.com hat!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:29 PM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
He was asking about a "head cam". But your suggestion of the #16 is good for that too. It's an amazing little camera!
My bad, sorry its past my bed time
PropsnWings is offline Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post

thanks....best buy and target had only gopro3....i no it is good cam BUT could buy a couple planes for those prices.....probably wait until xmas over. Just seeing what other people are using that works well.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:34 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
thanks....best buy and target had only gopro3....i no it is good cam BUT could buy a couple planes for those prices.....probably wait until xmasis over. Just seeing what other people are using that works well.
I've tried the GoPro before and the camera angle is much too wide to be very effective IMHO.