Old Jan 01, 2009, 02:03 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Rave
Blue Plaid Sq. News

Hi Guys,

I am going to assume that if your in the Blue Plaid Squadron, you favorite color is blue. So, in keeping with that thought, here is some blue news for you. Norelco has a new BLUE shaver out !! This IS the electric sight, so for those of you that shave electric, this could be the shaver for you. See photo. This will fit right in with the blue neck strap, and the blue jammies. Carry on men.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2009, 06:19 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
I think someone has cabin fever..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Jan 02, 2009, 09:13 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Ahhhhh Bob? You okay there?

Andy - he might also be suffering natural light deprivation from all of that cloud cover dropping rain/snow on Seattle

So Bob, I've heard that there are these lights that supposedly simulate the sun - called "Ott Lites". Perhaps you could use 20 or 30 of them spread around your house? I don't know..., but I think I'd recommend at least half of them be where you have your building setup located!!

Cheers,

Rob
Who's really just kidding, and thinks a better alternative would be a couple of weeks in a sunny location with a beach preferably
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Jan 02, 2009, 03:24 PM
I eat only vegetarian beef
Fairlie, New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
2,866 Posts
I guess it's going to be no surprise what colour the skunk works Chrysalis is going to be then?

Rob, will this do? Abel Tasman national park, in NZ south island.

Life is tough down here...
Skycruiser is offline Find More Posts by Skycruiser
Old Jan 02, 2009, 05:58 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
HI Guys,

I'm doing better today. The sun actually came out for a few hours. I went to work and got to see some real people and worked on the plane. Talking to Foxy for days on end leaves something to be desired. I'm going in this weekend too. I'm saving up for another plane, to be used for next years skunk works project.
Nick, I love those photos of the park. Is that you in the kayak ? I'd love to be there. I feel better already.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2009, 06:07 PM
Fairlie, New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
2,866 Posts
No, it's not me. The great thing about this park is that most of it is only accessable by walking track. The track follows the shoreline and each beach has a little camping area. You just find one you like and set up camp there. Not a huge park (58000 acres)
but reasonable size, it would take two days i guess to walk around it. You can hire the sea kayaks and paddle round if you want.

Very nice area. We've holidayed there twice.
Old Jan 04, 2009, 09:29 AM
tender
Europe - Slovakia
Joined Oct 2004
654 Posts
Blue Plaid Squadron Slovakia today...

Today Im complete "in blue"... I need only BLUE TRANSMITTER. Some recommendation ?

Palo
tender is offline Find More Posts by tender
Last edited by tender; Jan 04, 2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2009, 10:41 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Nick,

What a beautiful location! It sure looks like my kind of place...all I'd need is a sailboat and I'd be in heaven. Once again, you've added another reason to visit NZ to my list Thanks!

Cheers,

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Jan 04, 2009, 04:33 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tender
Today Im complete "in blue"... I need only BLUE TRANSMITTER. Some recommendation ?

Palo
Hi Palo,

What a bueatiful plane you have. Yes your all in blue for sure. It looks very cold there. You even look blue. You better go in and warm up.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2009, 06:49 PM
OK,so what's the speed of dark
Glenwood,GA
Joined Aug 2006
1,071 Posts
Boy Bob, you must really be cracking at being cooped up all the time. Good looking shaver, but if I used it my face would look like a mad cat got after me. You glad to be out of the snow now??

Palo
You could paint your case blue. Then it would match that beautiful glider you have there.

Ed
mred3 is offline Find More Posts by mred3
Old Jan 04, 2009, 08:18 PM
Who said Kiwi's can't fly!
Hawkes Bay , New Zealand
Joined Feb 2008
900 Posts
Hi Guys...

Great pics nick... I may have to head down for a week or two....
Its a hot, dry, barren dust bowl up here in the Bay, ( 32 deg c in the shade the other day ) been windy here since early November and ive only managed to get the plane out on the odd occassion when its calm either first thing or near sun set. ( mind you todays an exception....)
I havent checked in here for ages..... what have I missed.... any projects completed and flying??
Oh.... and a happy New Year to all

Grant
Grunta5 is offline Find More Posts by Grunta5
Old Jan 04, 2009, 09:08 PM
Fairlie, New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
2,866 Posts
Hey Grant

Back at work today, it blew down here for the entire break. Just putting the finishing touches on my Chrysalis.

Nick
Old Jan 05, 2009, 07:12 AM
tender
Europe - Slovakia
Joined Oct 2004
654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cook
What a bueatiful plane you have. Yes your all in blue for sure. It looks very cold there. You even look blue. Bob in Seattle
Yes, Bob, you is right. Here is from -7 to -9C in these days. But it isnt problem, Im boy from High Tatras mountains.
Btw.: I have hot tip for Blue Plaid Squadron - my wife start learning Rhapsody in BLUE It will be BLUE singing/flying duet
Old Jan 05, 2009, 07:18 AM
tender
Europe - Slovakia
Joined Oct 2004
654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mred3
...that beautiful glider you have there. Ed
This is news for 2009 - BOLERO 90". Model was developed for british 200W/kg and for our "small outrunner" F5J and FXJ class. In the picture is first piece. We start building in our club more than 12 pieces... Building sketch coming soon.
Palo
Old Jan 05, 2009, 08:35 AM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,586 Posts
Yes Palo, you and your wife will make bueatuful music together. That's a very good song. There is also an old american pop song from the 1950's called "Blue Moon". Were having fun now !!!

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member