SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 30, 2014, 09:42 PM
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
989 Posts
Discussion
The Twisted Hobbys SU-29 Super-Lite

THE SU-29 FROM TWISTED HOBBYS (2 min 51 sec)

We had the pleasure of putting together and flying this wonderful new super-lite aircraft from Twisted Hobbys. This is being flown with Brad's new 14 gram motor and some 3S 360 mah packs. The prop is a GWS 8040 DD and all the servos are the super smooth digital servos from Twisted as well. This was a cinch to build. Didn't even look at a build manual until we were looking for the CG. Still have yet to add a click of trim. It was just right as it came off the build table. So, this vid is from last weekend. The outdoor footage is the maiden in the back yard and the indoor footage is from our last day of indoor for the season (Sunday). The plane is great indoors and out. It's a little more inclined to 3D than my Inferno and has some great precision characteristics as well. I am very impressed and thankful to have found my way into one of these. It's a rewarding build and will be a lot of fun to take with us to all the contests this year. Thanks for watching and checking it out. I'll leave it open to discussion from here. Thanks goes out to Brad, Cody, CDee, Benton, Joe and all our Twisted friends here. Take care!
A
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Team Tundra 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2014, 06:12 AM
Team Twisted!
Joined Aug 2012
276 Posts
Wow Aaron. Another great video of another new plane from Twisted. The SU-29 Super-Lite does look great for indoors and outside. The control and roll rate that you have is incredible. Super Show of the new SU-29.

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/TH-33-E...te-Russian.htm
Benton
Benton3dflying is offline Find More Posts by Benton3dflying
Old May 01, 2014, 08:09 AM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,233 Posts
Looking good Aaron!
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old May 01, 2014, 09:46 AM
Joined Jul 2011
120 Posts
More vids here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2154334
flydynamics is offline Find More Posts by flydynamics
Old May 01, 2014, 10:13 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,347 Posts
Yep very nice Aaron!

Hmm the new motor on a CPM with 3s and 8x4 prop. That would be interesting!
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old May 01, 2014, 02:45 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Joined Dec 2011
989 Posts
Thanks guys!

Kam, is the CPM motor 14g? You might be onto something there. I think an 8040 might hit the ground on landing if you put it on the nose of the CPM... willing to give it a try though

This might be the most fun of all of the Super Lite planes. I haven't tried them all but this thing is the roller-supreme. It's like a drill... possibly due to the round cowl. Not much stick needed on tail surfaces, if any, to get a rifle roll. Just bang aileron and let the throttle take the roll rate where it will... it's FUN!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2014, 09:54 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
Thanks guys!

Kam, is the CPM motor 14g? You might be onto something there. I think an 8040 might hit the ground on landing if you put it on the nose of the CPM... willing to give it a try though

This might be the most fun of all of the Super Lite planes. I haven't tried them all but this thing is the roller-supreme. It's like a drill... possibly due to the round cowl. Not much stick needed on tail surfaces, if any, to get a rifle roll. Just bang aileron and let the throttle take the roll rate where it will... it's FUN!
Yup the CPM was the first to get the 14g motor. Think the prop hitting the ground wouldn't be the only problem. The torque and excess air over the surfaces might make it to interesting.

Sure looked good in the videos out there. RCF had another version up on their site looks like depron though I couldn't really tell. Bet it flies just as nice.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Sep 02, 2014, 10:16 AM
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined May 2004
450 Posts
Question.....I'm building the SU-29 SL series. it comes with the oversized offset aileron servo horn, but nothing for the elevator or rudder. I'm using all the stock TH servos, but they come with very short arms. my experience with other foamies is that a longer servo arm is needed. will the stock short arms give enough throw on the rudd and elev?
bmoney69 is offline Find More Posts by bmoney69
Old Sep 02, 2014, 10:25 AM
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
1,509 Posts
I built the CYSL with their power system, and upgraded to CF. Same thing, I used the stock servo arms for the rudder and elevator. The TH digital servos stock arms that came with my power package have more than enough throw.
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Sep 02, 2014, 10:46 AM
Joined May 2004
450 Posts
very good.....thanks!
Old Sep 02, 2014, 10:58 AM
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
1,509 Posts
No problem. I can't wait to hear your flight report. I think this model looks sick, but since I have the CY I safely chose the CYSL.
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Sep 02, 2014, 12:34 PM
Joined May 2004
450 Posts
agreed, it does look sick. I have the CYL and it's my favorite foamy........ it's just about nailed together. i'll report back with how much I love it and it's now my favorite foamy!
Old Sep 02, 2014, 03:54 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Joined Dec 2011
989 Posts
The SU is a very very nice machine. Builds like your CYSL. It's just so crisp. Get a bunch of 2S 250mah batts and you will be so stoked for indoor this year...
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 03, 2014, 07:29 AM
Joined May 2004
450 Posts
I have 5.......I'm ready.....I just need an indoor place to fly!
Old Sep 03, 2014, 08:40 AM
TEAM TWISTED
Joined Dec 2011
989 Posts
This plane does surprisingly well outdoors and in light wind as well. You.re going to have a great time with it!
RCG Plus Member