HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:09 PM
Joined Mar 2013
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowguy View Post
I too am interested in the J-Hawk scheme. Please let us know if you find the 1/43 scale decals required. I wish HeliMax would do this scheme for us either as a whole new machine or as a replacement body.

... ... ...

A great little heli and a marvel of engineering. The Coast Guard scheme would be so much easier to see when flying over the grass. What will they think of next?
There aren't any 1/43rd scale decals, only 1/48th for the Skunkworks J-Hawk. The kit is only a little smaller and the decals would work as well as some of the other scale details in the kit if you're of the inclination to 'kit bash' a $30-$40 plastic kit I've researched creating a custom set using photoshop, color inkjet printer and some water slide decal paper. Once I get it all setup and tested, I'll gladly upload the artwork for anyone to use.

On a side note...is anyone using a higher capacity LiPo? I'm using a Tenergy 900mAh . It doesn't really fit too well as its a bit tall for the tray and I have to use my previously broken tray. I've thought of using something like this battery but not sure if it will fit in the space beneath when you take out the battery tray.

Happy Flying!
- Squirrel
GIR_Squirrel is offline Find More Posts by GIR_Squirrel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:10 PM
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
677 Posts
I had excellent results using Testors decal paper with an inkjet printer for the Albatros shown below.

It's necessary to spray a 'fixer' over the ink, but once it's dry the decals are permanent. The film is very thin which is both good and bad. It's good because it conforms to compound curves, but it's bad because it tears easily.

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:44 PM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
333 Posts
Love the color scheme. I fly in a park with trees all around. Amazing how that OD blends in with trees...

Did you paint just the outside of the body, or inside too? Not sure if you bought the plastic kit for the decals or not, if so where did you get it.

Thanks
Gene
GeneR is offline Find More Posts by GeneR
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:19 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,205 Posts
Deviation

Anyone rung Devo 10 with deviation on their Blackhawk?
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8