HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
Standard orbit, Mr. Sulu
United States, CA, La Habra
Joined Feb 2014
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benedikt View Post
I'm still running the "original" BG props on my nQX that I put on for the first video on this.
It doesn't have prop guards and is mostly flown indoors. It slammed into everyone and everything, usually at full throttle. The props take it and stay in shape. Good trade off!

...it's actually the props.
When tuned right, the Blade props are almost silent and the model's response kicks into another gear. I've got your -14's on a canopyless, guardless frame and somehow the Blade props have been tweaked to where they are perfect. The thing sounds like a dental drill in the air. Virtually no prop noise. This model performs like no other incarnation of itself. The response is truly impressive for a 6mm model.

However, it's like the Twilight Zone episode with the quarter standing on it's side. Eventually that quarter is gonna get knocked over. I have to fly it because it's perfect, but I know I'm gonna ding the props and the moment will be lost. I'll just have to chase it again.

Just know that if it's not flying right, 99% of the time it's the props...
Lochenvar is offline Find More Posts by Lochenvar
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,820 Posts
Aside from the usual CA, what do you guys use to repair a frame break out where the motor holder and frame come together? Will anything work successfully or is a new frame the only solution?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Today, 02:48 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kingston upon Thames
Joined Apr 2014
52 Posts
You can put an elastic band stretched around all four motors, keeps the broken one in place, and keeps you in the air until a new one arrives
Toothfairy is online now Find More Posts by Toothfairy
Old Today, 06:44 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,820 Posts
I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Old Today, 11:46 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,820 Posts
I was an idiot not to see this before, but I could close up the problem with a simple zip tie around the damaged motor holder.
Now, I have a new problem. I can put a newly charged battery in it and go through the usual BS getting it to go solid blue. It'll lift off and seem OK for only a few seconds before the solid blue goes solid red - it's changing modes with no input from me!! What's up with that?!! I'm an old fart and just fly in stability mode.
Old Today, 12:31 PM
As the Hangar Grows
United States, NC, Harrisburg
Joined Oct 2013
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
I was an idiot not to see this before, but I could close up the problem with a simple zip tie around the damaged motor holder.
Now, I have a new problem. I can put a newly charged battery in it and go through the usual BS getting it to go solid blue. It'll lift off and seem OK for only a few seconds before the solid blue goes solid red - it's changing modes with no input from me!! What's up with that?!! I'm an old fart and just fly in stability mode.
What TX are you using?
nbrown0908 is offline Find More Posts by nbrown0908
Old Today, 02:08 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrown0908 View Post
What TX are you using?
DX6i. I haven't changed anything; it just started today. I also noticed that even though it goes RED, signifying agility mode, I don't seem to have any stock input. It does what it feels like. Is there more than one thing that solid red means?
Last edited by kodak_jack; Today at 02:19 PM.