SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 15, 2013, 10:04 PM
Joined Apr 2013
329 Posts
Discussion
Official support thread for ARRIS CM2000 Brushless Gimbal

This thread is used to offer support for customers who bought or would like to buy the ARRIS CM2000 from hobby-wing.com. Any questions about ARRIS CM2000 or vids from your brushless gimbal can be posted here for sharing.

Description:
ARRIS CM2000 Brushless Gimbal is driven directly with two rewound brushless motors for two axis movement roll and pitch without gears or belts. The main advantages of this design is that the brushless gimbal has no backlash, so as to provide instantaneous response to the disturbance. Due to lack of gears/ belts, this new Brushless Gimbal is extrenely easy to install and with low weight which is perfect for aerial activities. The lower the weight, the longer the flying time you can achieve.

ARRIS CM2000 is a complete kit composed of one carbon fiber main frame, two rewound motors, four dampers, a YTV3 V3.0 open source controller and IMU included sensor. The CM2000 brushless gimbal is adjustable and calibrated, so it can be balanced perfectly. Speical made high quality motor can ensure the best performance.

Features of ARRIS CM2000 V5.0
Simple structure with light weight.
Carbon fiber frame.
Brushless motor directly drive.
With four anti-vibration damper absorbers,easy to adjust.
Compatible with Gopro 2,3.
Weight: 240g (include 2 rewound motors).
Dimension: 8.5cm*10.5cm (width/height).
Working Voltage: 3S 11.1V Lipo.

Difference between V5.0 and V4.0:The V5.0 comes with Official Legitimate Alexmos SimpleBGC Brushless Controller, while V4.0 does not, thus the newer version would be more stable in performance.

Features of Alexmos SimpleBGC controller:
Weight: 17g (including sensor and wire)
Main board size: 50 x 50mm

For more information and trouble shooting, please refer to developers official website: http://www.simplebgc.com/eng/downloads/
http://www.hobby-wing.com/arris-cm20...ss-gimbal.html

ARRIS CM2000 V2.0 Gimbal on DJI Phantom (4 min 25 sec)

ARRIS CM2000 (Manual Control the Tilt and Roll ) (2 min 54 sec)

ARRIS CM2000 GoPro Brushless Gimbal 7 (4 min 50 sec)

Good news. We just worked out the phantom secret 7ch problem. The tilt of ARRIS CM2000 can be controlled by the DJI Phantom radio. Thanks jlcamp7 for offering the detailed tutorial.
DJI Phantom Manual Pitch Setup for ARRIS CM2000 Brushless Gimbal (16 min 53 sec)

If you have any question and not willing to leave in the thread. you can email us at
service@hobby-wing.com
or
support@hobby-wing.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hobby...67468103292127

nancy1987 is offline Find More Posts by nancy1987
Last edited by nancy1987; Aug 29, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2013, 09:38 AM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2011
558 Posts
Have you fulfilled all of the pre-orders for this gimbal yet?

Can you advise what the expected delivery time would be for a new order?

THANKS
vislaw is offline Find More Posts by vislaw
RCG Plus Member
Old May 17, 2013, 11:56 AM
Joined Apr 2013
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vislaw View Post
Have you fulfilled all of the pre-orders for this gimbal yet?

Can you advise what the expected delivery time would be for a new order?

THANKS
Almost done.

The new order will be sent out within one week.

Nancy
Old May 17, 2013, 01:40 PM
Lebanon, Beirut
Joined Sep 2009
18 Posts
Greetings,

Looks great. Is there any user guide or video or pictures on how to connect the CM2000 to port X1 of the Dji Phantom NAZA-M to be able to use "hidden channel 7" of the stock transmitter and manually control the tilt?

Has anyone successfully done it?

Thx
ifuon is offline Find More Posts by ifuon
Last edited by ifuon; May 17, 2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old May 17, 2013, 04:47 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,240 Posts
I plan on working on that when mine arrives and will post video if someone doesn't already beat me to it.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old May 17, 2013, 08:12 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2013
38 Posts
It Works on 4S?
Guedes is offline Find More Posts by Guedes
Old May 17, 2013, 08:26 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,240 Posts
No it is setup to be ran on 3s and is cautioned to not use any other cell count. A 4s could cause damage.
Old May 17, 2013, 08:58 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined May 2013
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
No it is setup to be ran on 3s and is cautioned to not use any other cell count. A 4s could cause damage.
That's a shame! I really liked this gimbal! but don't have space for one more battery! maybe a step down can solve this, but anyone knows if this gimbal has any peak of more than 3 Amperes?
Guedes is offline Find More Posts by Guedes
Old May 18, 2013, 09:32 PM
Taiwan, Daan District
Joined May 2013
41 Posts
Waiting CM2000, need Channel 7 on Phantom

My CM2000 will arrive any time soon. Already got the tracking number.

Is there any solution for DJI Phantom's channel 7? Any plan on it?

Hojong Lin
Taipei, Taiwan
Hojong Lin is offline Find More Posts by Hojong Lin
Old May 19, 2013, 02:48 AM
Lebanon, Beirut
Joined Sep 2009
18 Posts
It seems there is no solution for connecting the CM2000 to do manual pitch control on the stock DJI-Phantom ("channel 7"), as Hobby-Wing and beta testers are strangely quiet on the topic.

I may as well cancel my order for the CM2000 and wait for an official confirmation that this can be done. All owners of DJI Phantoms interested in the manual pitch control should probably do the same.
Old May 19, 2013, 03:37 AM
Joined Apr 2013
329 Posts
Thanks jlcamp7, a little bit busy these days, you`ve almost replied all the questions for me

Most people asking the 7ch thing of Phantom, we are doing this job and once get the result, will surely post here.
Old May 19, 2013, 05:59 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jan 2012
193 Posts
Hi Nancy
I managed to get the new board that you sent me to work. But it is not able to look down as in one of your videos. I just goes crazy. When the gimbal is not looking down it actually is very good. I am not sure why I am not able to achieve the 90 degree view downwards. This is very important to me. I will try a few more things over the next few days, but if I am not successful I will have to send the gimbal back for a replacement with the latest version

Cheers
Stupest is offline Find More Posts by Stupest
Old May 19, 2013, 07:35 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifuon View Post
It seems there is no solution for connecting the CM2000 to do manual pitch control on the stock DJI-Phantom ("channel 7"), as Hobby-Wing and beta testers are strangely quiet on the topic.

I may as well cancel my order for the CM2000 and wait for an official confirmation that this can be done. All owners of DJI Phantoms interested in the manual pitch control should probably do the same.
I don't think anyone is being intentionally quiet. There has only been one so far sent out for review and it was to someone that doesn't own a Phantom. People are just now beginning to receive pre-orders over the last week or so. I would suspect that very soon we will begin to see more information regarding the manual function controls using a Phantom with stock setup.

I have one on the way and will be using it on my Phantom so I will definitely post any progress and share any information I figure out or run across regarding this.
Old May 19, 2013, 08:47 AM
United States, OH
Joined May 2008
941 Posts
I would like to ask Nancy to include a tester with little to no aerial video experience. It makes more sense to me to see what someone with little experience will think about this product. From setup difficulty, to aerial footage quality. I value the input from experienced flyers, but I would like that data supplemented.

And to be clear, I am specifically now asking that such tester NOT be me. I have no time to test for the next 6 weeks or so. But someone else perhaps can volunteer?
gnolivos is offline Find More Posts by gnolivos
Old May 19, 2013, 09:15 AM
Lebanon, Beirut
Joined Sep 2009
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
I don't think anyone is being intentionally quiet. There has only been one so far sent out for review and it was to someone that doesn't own a Phantom. People are just now beginning to receive pre-orders over the last week or so. I would suspect that very soon we will begin to see more information regarding the manual function controls using a Phantom with stock setup.

I have one on the way and will be using it on my Phantom so I will definitely post any progress and share any information I figure out or run across regarding this.
I see. No problem. Will wait for the first impressions then.

By the way it would also be great to check whether the CM2000 has any interference on the compass located on one of the landing legs of the Phantom.