SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:03 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav View Post
Hello fellow Floridians... What a wonderful thing you are doing. Would be great to have a store with a good customer service so close by. Congratulations and good luck!

I put a mini-pet in my cart this afternoon but had to run out before I can actually make the purchase. It said "Free shipping" which is too good to be true and I am pretty sure was a mistake so I don't hold it against you

Was just about to place the order for 49.95 when I went back to the bee page to check something and the price was just increased to 52.95. LOL, I am afraid to refresh the page...

Is the price tied to the fluctuating publicly traded quads commodities?
Sorry Arnav, but until you input your address, the software doesn't know what shipping to apply, nor taxes, so it shows as free shipping until you input your address. Since you live in FL, we have to charge 6% tax. We could disable guest checkout and force customers to register to before checking out, but a good portion of our orders taken have been done as guests.

Sorry for the confusion. The mini pet price, except for promotions has only fluctuated ~$3 at our Store.

I've updated the description of the Mini Pet to help avoid confusion:

2.4 Ghz
LED lighting for nightime flying
6 Axis
USB battery charger and NOW 2 LIPO BATTERIES INCLUDED!!!
8 minute flight time, 1 hour recharge time
Capable of flying in moderate winds
Prop Motor Guard
Flight Tested
Beginner\Expert setting
2 sets of spare blades
Please note Florida residents must pay 6% sales tax
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Nov 29, 2012 at 09:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:42 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,614 Posts
ok, thanks for the clarification. My suggestions are:

- Not to show anything as oppose to the "free shipping" as it will set customers for disappointment. You may also get a lot of support requests for "what happened to my free shipping," etc'

- You don't need to note the FL Tax on each product page. it is best to be done at checkout, in a shipping FAQ, etc'. Assuming the vast majority of customers are out of FL, there is no reason to burden everyone else with the text, make the UI busier for no reason, etc'.

- Yes, keep guest checkout. Nothing is worse than sites that force you to register before hand only to realize after the hassle they charge $50 shipping... So you can give the option to register before hand, as a guest, or to create an account using your guest checkout details when you are done.

When you refereed to the 400 spare batteries was that the nanos or mini-pet ones? Are you suppose to be getting min-pet spares?

Thanks
arnav is offline Find More Posts by arnav
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:19 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Quote:
ok, thanks for the clarification. My suggestions are:

- Not to show anything as oppose to the "free shipping" as it will set customers for disappointment. You may also get a lot of support requests for "what happened to my free shipping," etc'

- You don't need to note the FL Tax on each product page. it is best to be done at checkout, in a shipping FAQ, etc'. Assuming the vast majority of customers are out of FL, there is no reason to burden everyone else with the text, make the UI busier for no reason, etc'.

- Yes, keep guest checkout. Nothing is worse than sites that force you to register before hand only to realize after the hassle they charge $50 shipping... So you can give the option to register before hand, as a guest, or to create an account using your guest checkout details when you are done.

When you refereed to the 400 spare batteries was that the nanos or mini-pet ones? Are you suppose to be getting min-pet spares?

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply,

The 'Free Shipping' problem is a bug in the software. I'm considering going with another eCommerce software or wait for the next upgrade to fix it, but I have over 200 hours involved in getting Prestashop set up. Unfortunately PrestaShop 1.5 was marked as the latest stable release, which it is not. The software is on the verge of being great so I'm hoping the next update is just around the corner to fix the bugs (Such as Google Checkout)

We received 400 MP stock lipos, but reserved ~150 which will be packaged with our new MP package that now includes 2 stock lipos instead of one. We feel this matches or bests any other Mini Pet bundles currently out there. We still have ~85 or so of the Nanotechs in stock.

I'd just like to thank all of you reporting bugs. It helps immensely. I do see some people registering but then not going through with orders, and just want to make sure it's not because of PayPal bugs or any other software glitches, and just uncertainty.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Nov 30, 2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:16 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,614 Posts
no worries. Your response is not late... So how do I go about ordering the batteries? The "add to cart" is grayed out.... If I got the math right you MP ones avail...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:19 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Quote:
no worries. Your response is not late... So how do I go about ordering the batteries? The "add to cart" is grayed out.... If I got the math right you MP ones avail...
give me a few minutes and I'll get right back with ya,
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Try now.......had to make them available to order. How's the speed of the shop compared to the first time you visited it?
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:17 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,614 Posts
Yeah, still seems slow. Order placed nonetheless. Thank you!
Lets see how long USPS takes to cover 167 miles

You may want to look into:
http://www.google.com/webmasters

And

http://www.google.com/analytics/

Both free and add a lot of value

Also, If I remember correctly, the address has only 1 field whereas it should be two...

Good luck!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:05 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, still seems slow. Order placed nonetheless. Thank you!
Lets see how long USPS takes to cover 167 miles

You may want to look into:
http://www.google.com/webmasters

And

http://www.google.com/analytics/

Both free and add a lot of value

Also, If I remember correctly, the address has only 1 field whereas it should be two...

Good luck!
I've been using both for a week now, and they do help alot.

I'll be in Port St. Lucie tommorrow at the PSL community center after 5:00PM. It's about a 2 hour drive and don't know if it's worth the gas, but if you're game, and REALLY have an itching to get your quad ASAP, I can void the shipping label, refund shipping and meet you down there. I refunded the $1.65 costs on the accessories as everything will be in the retail box.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:24 AM
United States, OH, New Philadelphia
Joined Jul 2012
146 Posts
Just wanted to say.....YOU GUYS ROCK!

Made another order today and had a tracking # in 10 minutes! Customer service is like no other company I've ever dealt with! Keep it up guys and I'm sure your business will just continue to grow!

Oh.... and on top of that MO refunded the price on one of the batteries that I ordered since I had bought a MiniPet before they offered the "extra" battery package!

Thanks again guys!
JWinNewPhila is offline Find More Posts by JWinNewPhila
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:32 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I've been using both for a week now, and they do help alot.

I'll be in Port St. Lucie tommorrow at the PSL community center after 5:00PM. It's about a 2 hour drive and don't know if it's worth the gas, but if you're game, and REALLY have an itching to get your quad ASAP, I can void the shipping label, refund shipping and meet you down there. I refunded the $1.65 costs on the accessories as everything will be in the retail box.
Thanks so much on both counts. That's awfully nice of you guys.
I would love to meet, but tbh I rather avoid the drive (simply becuase with my luck you know I will get $100 ticket for speeding on the way). I was just up there 3 days ago so I rather not... Once I learn to fly this thing maybe for a joint flying session if you down here again...

I think this is the beginning of a new beautiful......................................... ........................................... Addiction!

Now I just need to remind myself it is a gift for my 8 year oid..
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,109 Posts
Quote:
Thanks so much on both counts. That's awfully nice of you guys.
I would love to meet, but tbh I rather avoid the drive (simply becuase with my luck you know I will get $100 ticket for speeding on the way). I was just up there 3 days ago so I rather not... Once I learn to fly this thing maybe for a joint flying session if you down here again...

I think this is the beginning of a new beautiful......................................... ........................................... Addiction!

Now I just need to remind myself it is a gift for my 8 year oid..
Our pleasure Arnav!! I'm sure you'll end up buying one for yourself
Going to flight-test yours right after this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinNewPhila View Post
Just wanted to say.....YOU GUYS ROCK!

Made another order today and had a tracking # in 10 minutes! Customer service is like no other company I've ever dealt with! Keep it up guys and I'm sure your business will just continue to grow!

Oh.... and on top of that MO refunded the price on one of the batteries that I ordered since I had bought a MiniPet before they offered the "extra" battery package!

Thanks again guys!
Thanks JW!! FYI, anyone who's ordered a mini pet since we started offering the free spare, on your next order (you know you're going to need props sooner or later ), send us a reminder and we'll throw in an extra lipo for ya. We wanted to do the extra spare from the beginning, but had to make sure we had the inventory to do it.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:43 AM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Nov 2011
2,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Going to flight-test yours right after this post.
Just like a well made German car...
You guys are the best.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:01 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,252 Posts
A little rain never killed anybody, not even a bee. But do it at your own risk.

mini pet in light rain (2 min 39 sec)

BTW, this is the one w/ the accelerometer chip.

Edit: And this is the same bee at night. It's not as dark as the video would lead one to believe, the 808 #11 doesn't do as good a job in low light conditions.

mini pet night flight (3 min 37 sec)
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Nov 30, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:44 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,252 Posts
Sometimes I think I got too much time on my hands. Other quads will shimmy in ground effect, but only the mp with the smiley face can get away with the music.

mini pet shimmy (2 min 7 sec)
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Dec 01, 2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:29 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Well done, Stonecutter. Your shimmy skills are quite good. If Massive RC had a 20 second tv spot of that they'd sell millions in a year.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman